Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times

Advertisements

Come to think of it, astrology scared me once.
A friend asked me to do a report for her, for the upcoming year.
I saw in the charts, what I figured to be the death of her mother. I could not proceed.
It would be about 4 months later that her mother passed away peacefully in her sleep.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:11 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover

There's a co-worker with one of these motor-mouths, she gets to talking and can't stop! Knowing she was an Aquarian, I knew she had to have her Mercury in one of those motor-mouth Mercury signs, Sagittarius or Pisces, and I made the comment to her: Ah! An Aquarian with her Mercury in Pisces!

Really? That's too funny. I'm an Aquarian w/ Mercury in Pisces.. Though I'm the complete opposite of a motor-mouth. In fact, I'm known for being eerily quiet, lol.. Motor-mind, yes- but my lips are sealed!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Really? That's too funny. I'm an Aquarian w/ Mercury in Pisces.. Though I'm the complete opposite of a motor-mouth. In fact, I'm known for being eerily quiet, lol.. Motor-mind, yes- but my lips are sealed!
I don't even know what that would be like Merc in Pisces....mine is in Gemini...so pretty different!

Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Mercury in Gemini is right at home-
Tend to have a thirst for knowledge/learning and using what is learned. Can be a bit of a bookworm.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:17 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Does it actually scare people, or are some people smart enough to know that astrology is a crock of bird do-do?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:58 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Does it actually scare people, or are some people smart enough to know that astrology is a crock of bird do-do?
Any number of Astrologers, long ago, might have posted this comment as well, including myself!

The day may come............................................

Old 12-19-2014, 08:10 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Mercury in Gemini is right at home-
Tend to have a thirst for knowledge/learning and using what is learned. Can be a bit of a bookworm.
And what happens when any planet is "not at home"? And, physically, what's it's like when you're not at home, or at someone else's home? How much at home does Mercury feel when it's in Cancer?

Same with the Moon! At home in Cancer, but why is the Moon is exalted in Taurus? And why is Mercury exalted in Aquarius, Venus exalted in Pisces?

Sun is at home in Leo, and is in its detriment in Aquarius. What a long way from home it is!!!

My Moon is in Capricorn, considered to be the most twisted moon sign of all, a long, long way from home? Is that why? Nevertheless, I love my twisted moon sign! Why? I scare a lot of people with it!

Scorpio and Capricorn Moons compete with one another to see which can scare the most people with "That Look" which can appear, from time to time, which can even have gang members dropping their knives and running for their lives! Lol! Is there a law against it? Wearing a Halloween mask throughout the year? Lol!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-19-2014 at 09:26 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Scorpio and Capricorn Moons compete with one another to see which can scare the most people with "That Look" which can appear, from time to time, which can even have gang members dropping their knives and running for their lives! Lol! Is there a law against it? Wearing a Halloween mask throughout the year? Lol!
Hey now. Don't make my Scorpio ascendant and Scorpio moon angry!

Seriously though, when I was a child, I overheard my mother on the phone telling a friend that every time she tried to punish me, I gave her an intense "drop dead" look and seemed to look right into her.

It unnerved her.

But my Leo sun is nice enough. lol

Old 12-21-2014, 10:52 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Like someone said above, most people who do believe in astrology didn't believe in it at one time. I didn't.

Usually it's something like getting a natal chart done, or studying it more that changes a person's mind.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I think perhaps some people like to believe they already know themselves 110% , and are not open to losing that perceived feeling of control. By not accepting astrology as a credible source & method of expanding self knowledge, in some way, this allows them to stay safe & remain set in their own ways. *That only they have power over themselves and nothing but themselves has the power to define who they are..* Which is actually true for all people- but in a misconstrued form, denouncing astrology ( & etc.. )also gives a (false) sense of intellectual superiority over those who do utilize astrological know-how, and are able to apply it in Life & benefit from personal growth. ~ One does not better themselves by the lessening of others. ~ New knowledge always requires one to change, adapt, and grow- which is neither an easy nor painless process. *Once you know, there is no un-knowing.. * ((( just a thought- not directed @ anyone in particular )))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal