Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 11:03 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
You can get a really quick black and white photo of someone just from a birthdate, and if you want color, then you need a time of birth for the Ascendant, which you can sometimes glean without it.

How about you? Does Astrology scare you at times?
I know nothing about astrology, other than I'm a Libra. Born 9-27-60 at noon according to my Mom. Do I have planets and stuff? Seriously...I have looked at my horoscope a few times in newspapers over the years...but don't recall that ever really being spot on with anything.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:12 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
With Virgo, comes health food, vitamins, alternative medicine, lectures on the healthiest food you should eat and not eat! All it takes is a prominent Moon, Venus or Mars in Virgo to get them to the lectern for their speeches on healthy eating and living!

I just finished reading a bio of John D. Rockefeller, with an oversized Venus in Virgo, who died 6 weeks before his 98th birthday. God forbid! He never smoked a cigarette, never even took a sip of wine, ascribed only to chiropractors, homeopaths, allopaths, even though he created the Rockefeller Medical Institute with the best Dr.'s in the world! You would have gagged on what he ate every day!

My mother (Mars in Virgo) used to send me health articles in the mail up until she died, what I should be eating and not eating, which vitamins I should be taking every day!

I have my Virgo placements, and I've seesawed, over the years, from healthy eating/cooking to indulging in recipes from my Southern Traditional Cookbook, utilizing lots of whipping cream, cream cheese, sour cream, cheeses in their recipes, fattening/unhealthy as all get out! So, nowadays, it's half and half!

One of the best overlooked medicines for Virgo, or any of the other earth signs, is alcoholic beverages! And I can understand why Virgo would be averse to using this kind of medicine, even though it brings out the best in them (at least it does to my triple Virgo Mexican roommate who criticizes me for using sugar!), due to the precariousness of polar opposites. Virgo looks at its polar opposite Pisces with Nope! 3 drinks and I'll go down that slippery slide to Pisces, and then I'll want a fourth, a fifth, maybe a sixth!

My Mars in Virgo mother: all it took was 2 doses of medicine (2 martini's) and? I'll have the Lasagna with 3 slices of cheesecake and a chocolate milkshake!
You ain't lyin! I have Mars in Virgo, but Moon & Merc in Pisces..! I was split between being super health conscious and extreme excess, indulgence and escapism! I even quit both sugar and alcohol this year in order to finally maintain some discipline! Lol ..It's easy to get off track with food, especially since I'm one of those weirdos who can eat a box of donuts for dessert and not gain a pound. & alcohol, oh, those craft beers are so refined and tasty, luring me into the numbing warmth of their fragrant, frothy depths.. :sigh:

Old 12-26-2014, 02:43 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
I have my forehead tattooed with the word alcoholic (Venus in Pisces/Moon in Capricorn) but I've projected that onto my partners, over the years. 3 alcoholics in a row! They see it! The tattoo! And they come a runnin' for the enabling! No different with my triple Pisces sister, all of it projected, she's been in Al-Anon for years, and her alcoholic husband is in AA! My sister looks at alcohol as poison!

When you add in the projection theory into astrology, it even gets more scary, complex and meditative!

Those are some loaded phrases: Easy to become what we hate, and, what we hate the most in others........

Funny thing happened on the way to the Forum! When I overcame my distaste for alcohol, and consumed more of it, the alcoholics stopped coming to my door! And I really miss them!

It's interesting to see the transformation that's made, using alcohol, with the different elements of air, water, fire and earth. I don't think there's a more remarkable, wondrous transformation than what occurs with the earthier types!

Generally, the earthier types keep their wallets/purses triple-locked, and I think that's one of the fears with the earthier types, when they wake up the next day and check their bank balances! A senior moment? "I treated the whole bar to a round of drinks? $87.25!!! I think I'm going to get sick and puke!!"

Old 12-26-2014, 03:06 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I know nothing about astrology, other than I'm a Libra. Born 9-27-60 at noon according to my Mom. Do I have planets and stuff? Seriously...I have looked at my horoscope a few times in newspapers over the years...but don't recall that ever really being spot on with anything.
Just a rough sketch of a fisherman? If joining the military, the Navy? Largely, an air & water combination here, and let's meditate on what happens when these 2 diverse elements collide with one another! Water speaks of emotions/feelings, air speaks of intellectuality. A constant war going on inside!

But we all have our internal elemental wars to fight, mine revolves around a continual fire/earth fight. And even my Venus in Pisces can get into the fight too!

My last partner had that air/water combo, and it was like being married to 2 separate individuals. Well, let's call it bigamy! If you like unpredictability, here's the ticket! At least you'll never get bored with these types, rather than if they were a earth/water combo, for example.

Noon? Sagittarius Rising? Hair missing on the head? A prominent feature of those with Fire for an Ascendant. No hair loss, perhaps the birth time is wrong! But plenty of Cardinal energy here! Leaders/directors/my-way-or-the-highway-types! And your Moon is in Cardinal Capricorn, which is possible, then more Cardinal energy!

Sun sign: Iron-Fist-With-the-Velvet-Glove Libra! Oh shoot! I was hoping to avoid that, bring this discussion back to the scarier aspects of Astrology!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-26-2014 at 03:41 AM..

Old 12-26-2014, 07:02 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Astrology, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, fortune cookies and lotteries are all the same to me.

Scary? No chance. I may as well believe Dracula will visit me in the middle of the night.

Does any version of the Bible tell us to celebrate Christmas or Easter? No. Am I afraid not to do so? Again, no.

Poor health is scary.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:23 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Newspaper and magazine horoscopes are way to simple and general, based on only the Sun. They are part of the reason why Astrology is not understood and seen as valid.

YES - you have 'planets and stuff'. Go to astro.com and go to the chart drawing page and make yourself a chart.
Once your information is entered, you can find a more detailed horoscope based upon all of your chart.
It gets a bit spooky sometimes (in a good way).

Old 12-26-2014, 09:26 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Does any version of the Bible tell us to celebrate Christmas or Easter? No. Am I afraid not to do so? Again, no.
There is quite bit of astrological refrences in the Bible, and I'm not talking about the 'bad witches and psychic' type passages.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:48 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
Quote:
Astrology, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, fortune cookies and lotteries are all the same to me.

I once received a fortune cookie that contained two mutually contradictory fortunes. One read, "Deviate not from the path to which life has assigned you."

The other read, "Its never too late to change."

Old 12-26-2014, 11:14 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:

Scary? No chance. I may as well believe Dracula will visit me in the middle of the night.

Poor health is scary.
But with fortune cookies.... you get a cookie. Cookie are never bad.

Out here, most places use this one company for fortune cookies, and they are really tasty.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:55 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
There is quite bit of astrological refrences in the Bible, and I'm not talking about the 'bad witches and psychic' type passages.
Yup, you are correct. We are certainly not celebrating Santa Claus on Christmas.. Lol If we are to preceed the Bible itself and take a trip into Hermetics, the 3 parts of wisdom in the universe are Alchemy, Astrology, and Theurgy. Philosophy & Psychology both, for example, have their roots founded firmly in these ancient sciences. Chop all the branches you (they) want, the Tree of Life & Knowledge as a whole continues to grow.. As for astrology being "scary" or "complete nonsense", I tend to associate that reaction as the same aversion/repulsion some people would have to the idea of exploring therapy or counseling, lol.. ( Who doesn't have problems?! ) All tools for understanding & improving the self, and in effect, the world around us. Not everyone has that mission, and that's "OK"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal