Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 07:19 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Year ago I was going on vacation to Florida and my mom asked me to keep an eye out for an old friend of hers. (My mother just doesn't understand how big of a state Florida is and she had no clue where her friend lived or if she was still in Florida.)

Maybe 3 days into my vacation, total and complete fluke, I found myself sitting next to my mother's friend at a bar.
I've already repped you somewhere along the line...but this is just weirdness the way that happened!
I bet your Mom was glad...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
^^^

A couple of Saturdays ago I was sitting at my tennis club. I asked a tennis player about to turn 91 (yes he plays quite well) where he grew up. He said "The Five Towns." I asked which one. He said "Cedarhurst." I asked if he know my family, which has a relatively unusual Jewish last name. I asked by names of all of the members, referring to my father as "Jerome." He said "I knew a Jerry." He was able to describe him from his memory of about 75 or 80 years earlier. I showed him a picture the next day.

So yes he knew my father.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
I've told this story before on CD, and always thought of it more as a "sign" than a coincidence, but I'm a skeptic, so in truth it probably is just a coincidence.

My sister passed away unexpectedly in September 1999. So in late September 2001, I had to fly to Detroit. I was nervous and stressing about flying just two weeks after 9/11 attack. I was intent on finding a particular bag that I wanted to take on this trip and searched all through my walk-in closet for it. Finally I found the particular clutch that I was looking for. I opened it and found the only thing inside was a newspaper clipping of my sister's obituary. I was touched, and sat down on the floor to reread it. I was sort of stunned to realize that, in my fear and stress about flying, I hadn't realized that the next day, the day of my flight, was the anniversary of my sister's death. I cried of course. It felt like she was reminding me not to forget her. I had been so preoccupied with this trip and my own fears that I had put all that out of my mind. Maybe she just wanted to tell me that she was there and not to be afraid.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:28 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
This is definitely pure coincidence rather than supernatural.

My 3rd child's birthdate is Jan 9

My 2nd child married a man whose birthdate is Jan 9
Their first child was due Jan 12 but born on Jan 9
Their second child was born 2yr later on Jan 10

My 3rd child (age 19) has Crohn's disease and needs/has needed an intestinal resection due to stricture; is putting it off at the moment

2nd child's husband mentioned above (age 35) was diagnosed with Crohn's disease after a sudden intestinal perforation (happened without warning Jan 2016); stricture was found when they opened him up and he required a resection. He is an NP and had only mild symptoms prior to the event which he put down to IBS.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:26 AM

83 posts, read 68,090 times
One time my mom wanted to take the elevator and I'm like "No mom lets take the stairs I'm worried we'll get stuck in the elevator." My mom was too tired to walk up the stairs though. So we went in the elevator and then we got stuck. Only for a minute though.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:13 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,679,170 times
About 12 years ago we were leaving California but made a side trip to San Francisco to see a New Orleans band that we like. Dancing was a short stout blond woman with long kinky hair, and later we spoke a few minutes. She had a very unusual voice.

About two years later, at the blues festival here in Portland, I was in the women's restroom area and heard that voice. I immediately recognized it, and I turned to watch the same woman enter a porta-potty. Didn't think much of it because I remember her telling me in SF that she had a friend here.

Fast-forward another 8 years to New Orleans in 2015. We were in a nightclub and I watched a dark silhouette of a woman up front slowly gyrating to the music. I couldn't see details but for some reason I knew it was her. I worked my way up to the front and, sure enough, it's her! I chatted with her, and she went along with trying to remember me but I could tell that she didn't. But think about it ~ in the course of 10 years I've seen this woman 3 times in 3 different states! And on top of that, last year I opened a YouTube video of a NOLA band, and she's sitting right in front of the band!

I see this as a macabre coincidence because I cannot come up with a "reason" for it to happen.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:19 PM

My mother had red hair and I had red hair till I was 13. The weird coincidence was when my older son was born with almost exactly the tone of red I was born with.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
About 12 years ago we were leaving California but made a side trip to San Francisco to see a New Orleans band that we like. Dancing was a short stout blond woman with long kinky hair, and later we spoke a few minutes. She had a very unusual voice.

About two years later, at the blues festival here in Portland, I was in the women's restroom area and heard that voice. I immediately recognized it, and I turned to watch the same woman enter a porta-potty. Didn't think much of it because I remember her telling me in SF that she had a friend here.

Fast-forward another 8 years to New Orleans in 2015. We were in a nightclub and I watched a dark silhouette of a woman up front slowly gyrating to the music. I couldn't see details but for some reason I knew it was her. I worked my way up to the front and, sure enough, it's her! I chatted with her, and she went along with trying to remember me but I could tell that she didn't. But think about it ~ in the course of 10 years I've seen this woman 3 times in 3 different states! And on top of that, last year I opened a YouTube video of a NOLA band, and she's sitting right in front of the band!

I see this as a macabre coincidence because I cannot come up with a "reason" for it to happen.
It happened because you both share an interest in New Orleans music. And she apparently travels to hear the same music, or some of the same bands.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:46 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My mother had red hair and I had red hair till I was 13. The weird coincidence was when my older son was born with almost exactly the tone of red I was born with.
Not to nitpick but this is a genetically based occurrence, an example of heredity, not a coincidence

Old 07-30-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Not to nitpick but this is a genetically based occurrence, an example of heredity, not a coincidence
I'll have to Google that. I didn't know it.

He also looks remarkably like me and has similar tastes with regard to cold vs. hot (impervious to cold) and likes exotic foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal