Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Why does Bush have to come-up when no one, even remotely, referred to him .

Bigfoot is just an aboriginal myth that will always be passed-on to the next generation - like the tooth fairy.
Get over it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does anyone have any references I could look up to read about this? I've read a couple of his books, but he's never mentioned that. Completely off-topic for his books.
The article on Carter's sighting of UFO is posted below #526

Hers one article on Carter and Bigfoot....Enjoy Bigfooters

https://bigfoothistory.wordpress.com...y-carter/TODAY

IN BIGFOOT HISTORY! 1969, eight years before he would be elected President, Jimmy Carter was visiting Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. He hiked to Trap Rock Gap a site that contains mysterious rock carvings, some people claim document alien visitations to the Catabwas. Jimmy Carter had only weeks before seen his first UFO and learned that Trap Rock Gap might help him understand the strange images he felt in his head.

While examining the stone carvings, Carter and his hiking partner Rayden Haimes, both heard strange sounds. It sounded like a rock was being smashed against a tree. Then Haimes recalls hearing the hooting howl like a monkey mimicking a hyena. Jimmy Carter thought the sound was a Bigfoot, straight away. Haimes needed some convincing before he gave up the notion that it was some teenagers playing some sort of prank.

Last edited by virgode; 05-15-2015 at 12:27 AM..

Old 05-15-2015, 12:49 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The article on Carter's sighting of UFO is posted below #526

Hers one article on Carter and Bigfoot....Enjoy Bigfooters

https://bigfoothistory.wordpress.com...y-carter/TODAY

IN BIGFOOT HISTORY! 1969, eight years before he would be elected President, Jimmy Carter was visiting Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. He hiked to Trap Rock Gap a site that contains mysterious rock carvings, some people claim document alien visitations to the Catabwas. Jimmy Carter had only weeks before seen his first UFO and learned that Trap Rock Gap might help him understand the strange images he felt in his head.

While examining the stone carvings, Carter and his hiking partner Rayden Haimes, both heard strange sounds. It sounded like a rock was being smashed against a tree. Then Haimes recalls hearing the hooting howl like a monkey mimicking a hyena. Jimmy Carter thought the sound was a Bigfoot, straight away. Haimes needed some convincing before he gave up the notion that it was some teenagers playing some sort of prank.
Ummm ..... no, I don't think that's a credible source. Let's take a look at that last paragraph:
Quote:
In a 2001 interview about the incident, Jimmy Carter theorized that the Bigfoot had also seen the same UFO and was upset that he had to wait to visit the Trap Rock Gap carvings.
Sigh ......

Now go back to telling us how Carter was untrustworthy because he had an alcoholic brother, and failed at directing a military mission in Iran to rescue hostages, or whatever else is in the rightwing memes.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:32 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Why does Bush have to come-up when no one, even remotely, referred to him
His name came up in a reference to presidents who 'saw' UFO's and had an incident involving bigfoot but it was in relation to his poor speech skills.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:19 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
...it was in relation to his poor speech skills.
LOL, the first sign of a failed argument - let's attack someone who has nothing to do with the original premise. Typical .

Old 05-15-2015, 02:53 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Oh but there was no argument. Just a comment.
Quote:
Overall, there seems to be a low opinion of President Carter as the 'hillbilly', obviously, they're unaware of success in matters of foreign policy. Bush was ridiculed for articulation in speeches.
It seemed in place to me. His speeches were funny to watch.

Anyway ...

I still want to hear convincing evidence of the existence of bigfoot. So far I remain sceptical but not closed minded. The person who told me of his account had no apparent reason to make it up and all his other utterances were factual and down to earth. He says he saw the critter. I would like to know what he saw.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Oh but there was no argument. Just a comment.
It seemed in place to me. His speeches were funny to watch.

Anyway ...

I still want to hear convincing evidence of the existence of bigfoot. So far I remain sceptical but not closed minded. The person who told me of his account had no apparent reason to make it up and all his other utterances were factual and down to earth. He says he saw the critter. I would like to know what he saw.
I'm sure he was sincere and truthful, most of these accounts are. It's just that he was wrong in guessing the cause.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
My feeling is that Jimmy Carter is a good man -but was not necessarily a great President. However; I would not believe any politician. I also do not believe celebrities - does anybody really think they know the secret of happiness and a long marriage (don't forget they will be divorced to just a few weeks). It is almost as bad a believing in one of these BF sites that give their 'scientific' results in flashing multi-colored text!

Old 05-15-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Ummm ..... no, I don't think that's a credible source.
There are many other references.

You're lazy...get on google and find a credible source for posting....

Old 05-15-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

Now go back to telling us how Carter was untrustworthy because he had an alcoholic brother, and failed at directing a military mission in Iran to rescue hostages, or whatever else is in the rightwing memes.
Again...your interpretation from my post. I never used the word 'untrustworthy', nor did I say I agreed with opinion. By changing words, your posts lost credibility. BTW, I did have the opportunity to meet Billy Carter, poor guy couldn't stay sober for his life. God Rest his Soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal