Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 03:50 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,480,403 times

Advertisements

Most of the coins I find on the street are dimes. This is most likely because dimes are the smallest, and easiest to loose. I'm not like the poster who doesn't pick up street coins, because I'll snatch up a dime in a New York minute. I wouldn't break stride for a penny, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 02:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Was in Kmart yesterday with my husband. Went to the clothing section and found a quarter on the floor. So maybe this thread is good luck. I do hope to find more quarters. Sure it could have just been a fluke, but I have hope.
Plus, my husband always finds pennies. And they are always new and shiny, not the old faded out run over one's I used to find.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:04 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Newer Pyrex shatters all the time -- they changed from borosilcate glass to soda lime silicate glass -- not nearly as good...
It doesn't matter what vintage it is, the hypothetical is; it's just sitting there, maybe pulled from a cabinet months from last use, sitting on the counter, and bang, it just cracks in half. Maybe I should've said; a skillet...

Old 05-04-2016, 06:42 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
OK. IMfound another dime today and this is a weird one. I work in I.I. I worked at a hospital for 8 years. Last year, I took another job at the School of Dental Medicine. TOday, I was asked by one of the dentists to go with him to the hospital to make sure his Xray sensor worked that is conn card to a rolling cart for a demonstration he will be giving on Friday. Anyway, I was working on the computer when I looked down, and inside of the plastic compartments was a dime. No one puts money in the cart. It doesn't belong to any one user. Usually, there are wipes or something like that in the plastic holder. I took it with me so I can add it to my collection.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:49 PM

I took my wife and kids to the local library today because we had to prin something in color for my son's school report. I was told I had to add money to my library card. I went out to y car to get some quarters. Right next to my car was a dime. I don't think it was there when we got out of the car because I would have seen it. I am not looking for reactions. I just like to use this as a way of documenting my dime findings.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:49 PM

Found another dime coming out of Target today. Nothing special. I went to return something I purchased on Friday. I left the store, walked back to my car and it was lying next to the curb as I walked along it toward my car.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:39 PM

I found a dime today in the middle of the floor of the hallway where I work yesterday.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:03 AM

9 posts, read 28,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Clearly, the dime fairy has taken a liking to this one.

I have a more mundane answer. The human mind is excellent at pattern recognition... sometimes too good. It's why we can recognize hundreds of different faces in our lives and see "faces" in natural rock formations even though they are rocks, not humans. It's why we can do both Algebra and Numerology.

It's the same in everyday life... we need patterns and routines for psychological well-being but we also tend to read patterns into things that aren't patterns too.

Dimes are pretty common and often overlooked (I'd be more impressed if you kept finding silver dollars or maybe gold doubloons!), so are broken dishes and street lights turning on and off. Doesn't mean they are related or that anything supernatural is going on.

You do seem to find dimes in odd places, I am not trying to say its just a coincidence, but Chango has a good point, when i do paperwork at work I deal with vehicle numbers, hours on heavy equipment meters, miles on vehicle odometers, the time sheets are numbered. We have to add mileage everytime we fuel something, numbers, numbers numbers, and I see patterns all the time. Just start paying attention to your car or trucks mileage everytime you get out, or pay attention to the clock everytime you leave somewhere you will see patterns, especially when you are looking for them.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:07 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
The street lights aren't much of a big deal but when I tell anyone I know about it, they tell me it never happens to them. Why would a street light turn off as someone approaches? If anything, it would turn on when it detects someone. Is there any logic behind it randomly going out as I walk by? This happens all over Long Island as I walk by and not in one area.
The street light thing happens to me, too. It's more common than you think.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnaughtwanabe View Post
You do seem to find dimes in odd places, I am not trying to say its just a coincidence, but Chango has a good point, when i do paperwork at work I deal with vehicle numbers, hours on heavy equipment meters, miles on vehicle odometers, the time sheets are numbered. We have to add mileage everytime we fuel something, numbers, numbers numbers, and I see patterns all the time. Just start paying attention to your car or trucks mileage everytime you get out, or pay attention to the clock everytime you leave somewhere you will see patterns, especially when you are looking for them.
I will take note of the time. I never look for them. I always find them when I happen to look down or sideways or in any direction for that split second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal