Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 04:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Can we all agree the OP firmly believes the Earth is flat?

That way we can give this thread the respect it deserves and let it die because it's going nowhere fast...

Old 08-22-2015, 05:18 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Can we all agree the OP firmly believes the Earth is flat?

That way we can give this thread the respect it deserves and let it die because it's going nowhere fast...
I doubt many people will be willing agree that the Earth is flat, so I have other options:

We could flat out agree to disagree with the Flat Earthers.
We could flatter the OP and ask him to cease and desist.
We could flatly refuse to participate in the thread.

Think any of those would work?

Old 08-22-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I doubt many people will be willing agree that the Earth is flat, so I have other options:

We could flat out agree to disagree with the Flat Earthers.
We could flatter the OP and ask him to cease and desist.
We could flatly refuse to participate in the thread.

Think any of those would work?
Nahhh, it's too much fun poking holes in the flat earther arguments...

Old 08-22-2015, 09:45 PM

101 posts, read 100,076 times
Default Flat Earth Theory

It is so gratifying to see that most of you have come to your senses.

The Flat Earth Theory has survived the test of time as well as the rigors of dissection by some of the greatest minds on City Data Forums.

But now (unfortunately), I must digress. Even though I really am a member of the Flat Earth Society I must admit that this thread was all a "spoof." It was designed to be a "parody" of so many discussions I have been a witness to and been a part of on CD. As you can see from my "handle" I am a "skeptic" about many things that don't make a lot of sense (to me.). I do believe in logic; and reason; and the scientific method; not because I am smarter or better than anyone else but because that is the best way to lead my life. I don't "proselytize" to change people's minds. I present my "point of view" and I expect others to present theirs. That doesn't mean I'm right and they are wrong, but if I don't get answers that are logical and rational; I ask more questions just like many of you do. I am not "rude" although I might be perceived that way by those I disagree with. I do not make "personal attacks" although I might be perceived to do so by those same people. I am simply looking for reasonable answers. I thank you all for participating and I hope I haven't taken up too much of your time over the past few days; but it was fun (at least for me.) You should really look into the Flat Earth Theory; The "onion" has many layers. FLAT EARTH FOREVER!

Old 08-22-2015, 10:36 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Well we could find agreement in the Flat Earth Theory AND the Hollow Earth Theory by saying the earth is a giant LP record and born again skeptic is like a scratch that has the LP stuck in one of its 'grooves' playing over and over and over...

Old 08-22-2015, 10:41 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again Skeptic View Post
...I really am a member of the Flat Earth Society I must admit that this thread was all a "spoof."...
Why do you think I backed-out so soon? I have some friends who joined the "Flat Earth Society" for the t-shirts and to play around with debate tactics. The debates always get heated because, inevitably, someone has to say "I suppose you don't think we went to the moon either." That's when the fireworks start.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:00 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Yup. It was fun. And yes, you were always polite and friendly. (Which in itself was suspicious. ) I was wondering when you were going to come clean (and I knew you would). It was interesting too because it shows how difficult it is to debate such a point against such arguments. Good one!

Old 08-23-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again Skeptic View Post
It is so gratifying to see that most of you have come to your senses.k

The Flat Earth Theory has survived the test of time as well as the rigors of dissection by some of the greatest minds on City Data Forums.
I'll ask you another question (which, like all the other questions asked of you by myself and others you refuse to answer) are you referring to the astounding scientific methods called "Zetetic Method" and "Zetetic astronomy"???

I reviewed all the posts in this thread and fail to see how you can say "most of you" ~ from my unscientific count "most of us" completely deny the flat earther stand...

Quote:
But now (unfortunately), I must digress. Even though I really am a member of the Flat Earth Society I must admit that this thread was all a "spoof."
~DUH~

Quote:
It was designed to be a "parody" of so many discussions I have been a witness to and been a part of on CD.
Your parody or excuse concerning the extreme fail of this thread and your feeble attempts to defend it became quite obvious when, after your third post you were absolutely clueless as to the actual knowledge of the flat earth society...

Quote:
As you can see from my "handle" I am a "skeptic" about many things that don't make a lot of sense (to me.). I do believe in logic; and reason; and the scientific method; not because I am smarter or better than anyone else but because that is the best way to lead my life. I don't "proselytize" to change people's minds. I present my "point of view" and I expect others to present theirs.
I guess another thing you are clueless about is that C-D is a debate forum where OP's are challenged with the "evidence" they put forward... Not a cutesy "this is what I believe" - "now tell me what you believe" forum...

Quote:
That doesn't mean I'm right and they are wrong, but if I don't get answers that are logical and rational; I ask more questions just like many of you do.
Unfortunately you refuse to answer anyones question(s), hardly a discussion wouldn't you say?

More like a grade-school show and tell minus the show...

Last edited by plwhit; 08-23-2015 at 10:11 AM..

Old 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Why do you think I backed-out so soon? I have some friends who joined the "Flat Earth Society" for the t-shirts and to play around with debate tactics. The debates always get heated because, inevitably, someone has to say "I suppose you don't think we went to the moon either." That's when the fireworks start.
You mean like in Post #60 where the OP brings up the flag motion on the Moon expecting to steer this thread away from his/her/it's failed attempt to precipitate heated arguments concerning flat earthers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal