Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I know how to Google and get a bazillion names. Would like to talk to someone who has actually used one. I believe that Teresa Caputo is real, but am sure I could not afford her services. Ha!
I didn't say you didn't know how to Google. However, I've gotten the same advice before when looking for psychics and/or mediums. It is a good way to find ones local to you. And people do leave reviews on various websites.

Are you looking for someone who is local to you? Or do you want someone to read you over the phone? Or does it matter at all?

If you are looking for a local person, going to a new age bookstore is a good place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 01:24 AM

997 posts, read 936,482 times
No. If a real medium tries with me, they will get my guides.

I am a medium but not for dead people, only guides. I can communicate that way with other people who are alive but not the dead. It is not authentic. I might get a message and see an image but it is not realistic or convincing.

I knew a lady who was a medium and she was quite good reportedly. My guides would ask her to do things for me. Once she thought she was communicating with one of my relatives over an issue but she was being deceived. She believed it but she didn't know this person and what she got was out of character. It would be completely normal for my guides to dress up as the character and play games like that. There was a good reason for it.

For me, it is off limits. I am not allowed to do that myself or to have it done for me.

There was an occasion that I passed along a message that was convincing and important for the person to hear. It wasn't direct communication with a deceased person but it was acknowledgment and it was encouraging.

That is hardly the same thing. That was an exception because she needed to feel like there was a connection. There was, but it wasn't a direct line, there was a message bringer involved. I did see an image of the person but it wasn't realistic. It was helpful in that case but I can't and won't do that kind of thing as a rule.

Sometimes people have expectations about how things are supposed to be, and they aren't always that way.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:25 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,417 times
Didn't mean to sound snippy. I am looking for an in-person reading. I will see what I find on-line locally.
I hesitate because a few years ago we used a pet psychic to try to find our missing ''dog child''. We were heart broken and desperate. So, ya know. Well this on- phone reading woman said things that ''seemed'' legit with some analysis about the name of who took her from our yard, when and how and what direction they went etc. I just about went insane over the next 2 months trying to find her based on this info.
Never did get her back, but even though I would like a reading now, mostly to encounter deceased family, I hesitate based on that ''pet psychic''. Looking back I feel she was a fake, but even then, at the time, it brought a LOT of pain to our already shattered hearts.
Not sure I want to chance that again.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:00 PM

44 posts, read 44,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Didn't mean to sound snippy. I am looking for an in-person reading. I will see what I find on-line locally.
I hesitate because a few years ago we used a pet psychic to try to find our missing ''dog child''. We were heart broken and desperate. So, ya know. Well this on- phone reading woman said things that ''seemed'' legit with some analysis about the name of who took her from our yard, when and how and what direction they went etc. I just about went insane over the next 2 months trying to find her based on this info.
Never did get her back, but even though I would like a reading now, mostly to encounter deceased family, I hesitate based on that ''pet psychic''. Looking back I feel she was a fake, but even then, at the time, it brought a LOT of pain to our already shattered hearts.
Not sure I want to chance that again.
The fake "mediums" are heartless. The way they take advantage of grieving parents, rather it's a child or a fur baby, is reprehensible. They only see dollar signs in a grieving parent's emotional distress.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:35 AM

30,498 posts, read 16,206,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selby View Post
The fake "mediums" are heartless. The way they take advantage of grieving parents, rather it's a child or a fur baby, is reprehensible. They only see dollar signs in a grieving parent's emotional distress.
No argument there.

Can readings be done on-line? Or over the phone? Seems like a face-to-face would be necessary but maybe not?

Had a reading once by someone who communicated with the dead. The convincing thing for me was when she asked 'who's Ruth?'. We'd been talking about my grandmother whose name was Ruth but when I grew up, adults were never called by their 1st names by children. I never ever thought of her as Ruth and if I had ever talked to anyone about her, never referred to her by that name.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,586 times
Can a psychic or a medium talked to someone who had passed over (died) already? Even the famous American psychic John Edward has never done so.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:49 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader View Post
Can a psychic or a medium talked to someone who had passed over (died) already? Even the famous American psychic John Edward has never done so.
I thought one of his shows "Crossing Over" was all about communicating with those who passed over (died) already.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:28 AM

44 posts, read 44,166 times
A medium is psychic, but not all psychics are mediums . . .which is confusing to a lot of people.

A psychic uses their abilities to tune into a living person's energy. A medium can tune into a living person's energy and the energy of people that have passed over.

If you want to make contact with a deceased loved one, make sure the psychic also has mediumship abilities.

Readings can be done in person, over the phone, or on Skype.

Last edited by Selby; 05-07-2017 at 08:42 AM..

Old 05-07-2017, 09:06 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Whenever this subject comes up, it seems to me like we just dont understand how the universe is put together. OK, I know it all boils down to personal beliefs in the end until we have our own personal experience of this stuff to be guided by. When we do, then we dont need to go to mediums.

It is looking as if the whole Universe is made up of energy vibrating at different frequencies and spins therefore it makes perfect sense that we are 'just' an energy body with different layers - some visible and touchable and some not. There are going to be folks who are more sensitive to these energies and who can see, feel, and interpret those feelings which is what a medium is doing. If we have an energy body then it is likely that all our experiences are recorded and contained within those layers and people who can read, see, feel, and interpret those energies will be able to relate to us what is in there.

We are all connected at some level - just as the religions tell us so the energy can be read without limit of time and space depending on the skill or ability of the receiver doing the 'reading'. There are a lot of other skills which use the same Universal energy in different ways, dowsing for example and shamanism, even those in touch with Gaia. There are special regions of the Earth which have localised energies which can be used for different things. The ancients knew about those too.

What I am saying is that many of the readings which are supposed to come from spirit are probably aura readings, and we should not necessarily take this as "proof" of life after death. I was a Spiritualist for many years and went to many different kind of mediums to do a reading for me. I attended seances some where the medium appeared to produce physical items. lights, etc but after all that experience I am still thinking that we should investigate for ourselves how the Universe works rather than get other second-hand information from outside sources.

Having said that, we all have to start on our journey somewhere and there are many places to start. Mediums provide a useful service - even the fake ones because we learn discernment.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:53 PM

2,503 posts, read 2,071,405 times
Good post...^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal