Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 09:44 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

Mediums and those that contact the dead are called necromancers in the bible, and the practice is forbidden, the reason being, they are not actually contacting a deceased relative, ect., what you are getting is the spirit associated with the curse, a familiar spirit, ie. one that has followed the family around for generations. That is how they "know" things about the deceased and your relationship with them.

There are doors in the spiritual realm that are to remain shut and when we open them, we ourselves up to what's behind those doors, and we invite in uninvited guests that rarely want to leave of their own accord afterwards, and once they start making their presence known in other ways, it's much harder to get rid of them. Don't be deceived by them, they have only your bondage and the destruction of your soul in mind, not your peace or wellbeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 10:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I never had to go to a medium because I get visited on my own!!! Haha, that favorite uncle of mine is a kick,
and get infused with profound help...similar to
having a best friend shed light on something that is bothering me that I can't shake.
No bad spirits, no curses, no destruction of my soul which is not possible anyway ...all loving and caring.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I never had to go to a medium because I get visited on my own!!! Haha, that favorite uncle of mine is a kick,
and get infused with profound help...similar to
having a best friend shed light on something that is bothering me that I can't shake.
No bad spirits, no curses, no destruction of my soul which is not possible anyway ...all loving and caring.

His Spirit can allow such interactions, I've had them myself. What is forbidden is trying to initiate contact via demonic sources, ourselves. One is a work of the flesh, one is a work of the Spirit. There IS a difference.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:55 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Very interesting topic.

I was told about a Psychic-Medium who operate online and I used him out of curiosity.

He was spot-on.

I used him 4 times.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:22 PM

676 posts, read 721,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
His Spirit can allow such interactions, I've had them myself. What is forbidden is trying to initiate contact via demonic sources, ourselves. One is a work of the flesh, one is a work of the Spirit. There IS a difference.
Can you explain? Oh how I would love to hear from my husband.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Can you explain? Oh how I would love to hear from my husband.

They are with Him. Seek Him and according to His perfect will, He may allow it. You can ask Him to, but that doesn't necessarily mean He will permit it. He's always all about what is best for us. Blessings....

Old 09-06-2018, 03:41 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
I had a little previous experience with mediums, so I know how they can fool you. I had a couple readings from a friend who did it for free, and she tried to fool me by asking a lot of questions and making vague guesses. I don't think she was conscious of what she was doing. I also go to a spiritualist church occasionally, and was never impressed with the mediums' messages. I definitely believe in spirits, but am skeptical about mediums and psychics.

Recently a close friend of mine died, and my sister made me an appointment to see her medium. I told her to make sure not to say anything about me to the medium. My sister said of course she wouldn't say anything at all about me. So, supposedly, she didn't mention that my friend died while making the appointment. I can't be a hundred percent sure of that, because she could have mentioned it and then forgotten that she did.

The medium got some messages from my mother and her sister, vague stuff she might have just guessed, and some of it was wrong.

But pretty soon she asked if I recently lost a male partner, who I was not married to. Well that is exactly true, and the whole reason I was there. By the way, I am VERY careful not to give stuff away to mediums and psychics. I just answered yes or no to her questions. And my answer to this was YEEEESSSSS!!!!

The medium made some vague comments about his personality, which were true, and not that easy to guess. And those could not have come from my sister, because she didn't know him that well. She said some wrong things about him also though. But she said he wrote his own music, and that was very true, and not something you could guess out of thin air. And I don't think my sister knew that, and even if she did, she would not have mentioned it while just making an appointment. It would only come out in a long in depth conversation. Which I very strongly doubt occurred.

So, there were wrong things and right things. The wrong things were vague easy guesses, that might be true of most people but not of me or him. The right things were not very specific either, but extremely unlikely to be lucky guesses.

So, if I could be sure my sister never mentioned that my boyfriend died while making the appointment, then I would be one hundred percent sure this medium was really talking to him. But I can't be absolutely sure, because my sister is forgetful. But even if she did mention it, there were other things that she would not have mentioned, and some she didn't know.

So, yeah, it seems like it was real. I got chills at one point, and screamed and cried a little. But I didn't feel reassured, for some reason. I didn't feel absolutely sure it was really him. What if it was some other spirit pretending to be him? It's all confusing.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:41 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
^^^^^^When I think of going to a psychic medium to contact my recently departed partner, I am concerned that I might walk out more upset than comforted.
I have a cousin who has used a local person and swears by her, but I don't know.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:58 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
^^^^^^When I think of going to a psychic medium to contact my recently departed partner, I am concerned that I might walk out more upset than comforted.
I have a cousin who has used a local person and swears by her, but I don't know.

Mediums make a living based on the fact that we want to know our departed loved ones are ok, and that we'll be with them again. So they get paid to tell people what they want to hear.

I don't really like that whole idea, and I don't trust them. But I was curious, and my sister loves her medium so I decided to try.

The day before I was talking to my sister and I said "I hope he says that I was the ONE." I didn't think that would happen, and it isn't the kind of thing he would say. Well, towards the end the medium said "He says that you are the ONE."

So what happened? Was he eavesdropping on my conversation the day before?? Or did the medium guess I wanted to hear that?

Old 09-06-2018, 06:01 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I had a little previous experience with mediums, so I know how they can fool you. I had a couple readings from a friend who did it for free, and she tried to fool me by asking a lot of questions and making vague guesses. I don't think she was conscious of what she was doing. I also go to a spiritualist church occasionally, and was never impressed with the mediums' messages. I definitely believe in spirits, but am skeptical about mediums and psychics.

Recently a close friend of mine died, and my sister made me an appointment to see her medium. I told her to make sure not to say anything about me to the medium. My sister said of course she wouldn't say anything at all about me. So, supposedly, she didn't mention that my friend died while making the appointment. I can't be a hundred percent sure of that, because she could have mentioned it and then forgotten that she did.

The medium got some messages from my mother and her sister, vague stuff she might have just guessed, and some of it was wrong.

But pretty soon she asked if I recently lost a male partner, who I was not married to. Well that is exactly true, and the whole reason I was there. By the way, I am VERY careful not to give stuff away to mediums and psychics. I just answered yes or no to her questions. And my answer to this was YEEEESSSSS!!!!

The medium made some vague comments about his personality, which were true, and not that easy to guess. And those could not have come from my sister, because she didn't know him that well. She said some wrong things about him also though. But she said he wrote his own music, and that was very true, and not something you could guess out of thin air. And I don't think my sister knew that, and even if she did, she would not have mentioned it while just making an appointment. It would only come out in a long in depth conversation. Which I very strongly doubt occurred.

So, there were wrong things and right things. The wrong things were vague easy guesses, that might be true of most people but not of me or him. The right things were not very specific either, but extremely unlikely to be lucky guesses.

So, if I could be sure my sister never mentioned that my boyfriend died while making the appointment, then I would be one hundred percent sure this medium was really talking to him. But I can't be absolutely sure, because my sister is forgetful. But even if she did mention it, there were other things that she would not have mentioned, and some she didn't know.

So, yeah, it seems like it was real. I got chills at one point, and screamed and cried a little. But I didn't feel reassured, for some reason. I didn't feel absolutely sure it was really him. What if it was some other spirit pretending to be him? It's all confusing.

You should read up on James Randi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal