Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 12:31 PM

22,864 posts, read 28,131,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You are saying that aliens hundreds of years ago were using Apple products?

I mean if we can get this wrong how can we believe anything anyone says about aliens? This is a perfect example of how gullible we are and why should be skeptical.
Hey, if they aren't aliens but time travelers, this makes perfect sense. The monk is probably watching BREAKING BAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 12:36 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,606,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Actually there are a few Renaissance paintings that include what we would call UFOs and they are not balloons nor kites. These are just a couple. There are several.

The 2nd painting is NOT from the Renaissance period, although it uses that style in a humorous way. It's a painting titled "The summons" by Jason Hernandez.
Jason Hernandez » Changethethought
jasonhernandezart
jasonhernandezart

Old 05-03-2018, 12:38 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,606,657 times
Quote:
You are saying that aliens hundreds of years ago were using Apple products?
Not only a laptop computer, but a couple of satellite dishes as well.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:04 PM

17,287 posts, read 11,146,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The 2nd painting is NOT from the Renaissance period, although it uses that style in a humorous way. It's a painting titled "The summons" by Jason Hernandez.
Jason Hernandez » Changethethought
jasonhernandezart
jasonhernandezart
Thank you. I pulled up several pics that came up on the topic without doing further research. My fault as I was in a hurry when I posted it. But as you know there are several others that were done in the 15th century that depict UFOs.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:10 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,096 times
Quote:
Thank you. I pulled up several pics that came up on the topic without doing further research. My fault as I was in a hurry when I posted it. But as you know there are several others that were done in the 15th century that depict UFOs.
When we make mistakes about something so obvious perhaps we make other mistakes?

Old 05-03-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
When we make mistakes about something so obvious perhaps we make other mistakes?
Of course I made a mistake as I was trying to post this while in a hurry to leave for work. What are you trying to say? I make mistakes, yes I do. Did I ever say I don't make mistakes?
My only point was that there are some very interesting paintings from the 15 century that depict what we would call UFOs and that still holds true.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Of course I made a mistake as I was trying to post this while in a hurry to leave for work. What are you trying to say? I make mistakes, yes I do. Did I ever say I don't make mistakes?
My only point was that there are some very interesting paintings from the 15 century that depict what we would call UFOs and that still holds true.
But you posted that picture. No matter what you say now you posted it. It does not show what your believed it showed. Google is a great tool but it has its limits and when people do not know how to properly use the tools available to them they can reach the wrong conclusion. This is not helped by the fact that people feed off of each others speculations until it becomes "fact".

People are fallible so that I why I am skeptical.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
But you posted that picture. No matter what you say now you posted it. It does not show what your believed it showed. Google is a great tool but it has its limits and when people do not know how to properly use the tools available to them they can reach the wrong conclusion. This is not helped by the fact that people feed off of each others speculations until it becomes "fact".

People are fallible so that I why I am skeptical.
Thank you for the lecture. I won't post again when in a hurry. None of your comment though has anything to do with paintings from the 15th century that show what we today would consider UFOs. It's a curious thing and I've yet to hear a logical explanation for it because they obviously aren't balloons being represented. I never said they are space aliens, only that it's interesting.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the lecture. I won't post again when in a hurry. None of your comment though has anything to do with paintings from the 15th century that show what we today would consider UFOs. It's a curious thing and I've yet to hear a logical explanation for it because they obviously aren't balloons being represented. I never said they are space aliens, only that it's interesting.
There have been several logical explanations in this thread.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
There have been several logical explanations in this thread.
Balloons and kites? The first hot air balloon didn't go up until the 1780s. Kites don't have lasers or people sitting in them as is shown in some paintings. Just saying it's nothing more than people's imaginations makes more sense than balloons and kites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal