Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 07:39 AM

88 posts, read 59,276 times

Advertisements

The Material that i write below is approx. 80% my own work, i hope you enjoy. In J.K.Rowling's books about Harry Potter, there seems to be a real non-fiction story hidden underneath, the names are changed slightly, some examples below:-

Could Cassandra Vablatsky be Helena Blavatsky?

Cassandra Vablatsky | Harry Potter Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena_Blavatsky

Could Elphias Doge be Eliphas_Levi?

Elphias Doge | Harry Potter Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliphas_Levi

I will continue soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 09:20 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
Just because real persons (or their names) appear in a fictional story doesn't imply the events in the story really happened. For example, in Caleb Carr's "The Alienist" many historical figures appear in the story, but that doesn't mean the author is claiming that Dr. Laszlo Kreizler was a real person or the events in the story really happened.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:22 AM

It would be very funny if Alastor "Mad Eye" Moody was fashioned on Aleister Crowley, Lol.

Alastor Moody | Harry Potter Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Perhaps i'm getting ahead of the story, so i'll go back to the beginning....

My fascination with Harry Potter came after a giggle of how Lord Mandelson chose to promote his memoir, at the time the U.K. had just finished a long period of the Labour Government.
Behind the scenes he used to spin webs in the media, thus behind his back he was called "The Dark Lord", or "The Prince of Darkness", obviously i knew that the Fabian Society in origin had many mystical people involved, so the video is below that i thought so funny:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YiqnJDrmTM

As Lord Mandelson looks to be reading a fairy story, i will begin the same way....it isn't a dark story and would lead to the independence of India. As the leaves fell during the autumn of terror 1888, when Jack the Ripper lurked in the shadows, an 18 year old diminutive male arrived from India in London, he was very lonely and had come to study law....his mother told him not to eat meat as he was vegetarian.
He was directed to one of few restaurants that existed in London, the people he would meet there would change his whole life philosophy....His name was Gandhi.

If i said that the vegetarian society was esoteric now, you would laugh, but when you go back to the 19th century, the society did attract mystics following Pythagoras, who was vegetarian.

I will continue soon.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:38 AM

Hi Vasili,

I'm in no way saying that the story line of Harry Potter was true, but perhaps the characters were fashioned on real people, perhaps you will find my story fascinating, i'll be back tomorrow!

Old 06-30-2018, 12:29 PM

Thanks -- looking forward to it. Don't know if you've seen this fascinating list of (acknowledged as well as possible) literary influences on Rowling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_..._and_analogues

Last edited by Vasily; 06-30-2018 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-30-2018, 07:54 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
I think there are many real life stories which are fashioned to be works of fiction. As real life, firstly the authors may get sued or worse and secondly, the public can rest easy in its 'knowledge' that this is 'just' a fictitous story.

A case in point is the file/book "The Men Who Stared at Goats" which is a favourite of mine and which documents the CIA and other 3-letter agencies who tried out the remote viewing and remote influencing PSI aspects of life. Although the film claims at the start that more than we think is true, one of the issues in the story is that they tried (and succeeded) to stop a goat's heart with the power of the mind.

Perhaps most of it is true and it has just been dramatised a little for the movie because now there are autobiographies and whistleblowers testimony which backup the original book from the perspective of others in the same secret government programs.

So...why not the same with Harry Potter and other fantastic and fictional stories. If the government has investigated PSI effects for weaponisation then what else have they investigated and found they can corrupt?

Many people do not appreciate the wonders of the natural universe and the possibilities open to us if we explore unknowns. The occult societies and religions knew much of this in the past and kept it secret because the power was too great to be given to those who would abuse it. Now it is out there and the government and others are abusing it.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:32 AM

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for comments and link, please scroll down your link to "The Story of the Treasure Seekers" to see that Rowling quotes:-"I identify with E. Nesbit more than any other writer"
Most people think of her as just a classic children's author, but was she only that?

Please read link about The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and scroll down to "Known or alleged members".......you will see that E. Nesbit mentioned????!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermet...he_Golden_Dawn

It all sounds like the Order of the Phoenix, doesn't it?

Order of the Phoenix | Harry Potter Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Old 07-01-2018, 09:06 AM

Hi Ocpaul20,
I'm aware of "The Stargate Project, I have been disabled for nearly 20 years but before that i was a member of The College of Psychic Studies, link below:-

https://www.collegeofpsychicstudies.co.uk

I did manage to look through the archives for 1970's and found some evidence of CIA interest in our psychics, however not sure if they borrowed any, some papers were missing!

Old 07-01-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Smith View Post
Hi Vasily,

Thank you for comments and link, please scroll down your link to "The Story of the Treasure Seekers" to see that Rowling quotes:-"I identify with E. Nesbit more than any other writer"
Most people think of her as just a classic children's author, but was she only that? ...
When the first book came out, I thought OK, here's someone who read Lewis and Tolkien and stitched their themes and tropes together to produce a best seller.Turns out I underestimated her. The connection to Nesbit is fascinating.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Hi Vasili,

Don't underestimate C.S.Lewis, look up Michael Ward, and Narnia Code, i will give more insight later after Harry Potter threads, for now i leave link below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPQmoyzXx8

I may not be writing any more today, but hope to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal