Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 06:58 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,193,358 times

Advertisements

Yes, he's a famous skeptic.

I'm generally a skeptic too about these things, but I can't refute what I've experienced this week, and it's been utterly amazing. I'll take my own experience over an over-publicized skeptic anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 07:04 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
"So, tarot.... What's the deal?"

it's Spread, not Deal.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:51 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times
The cards themselves are bs...we all have freewill. Though there are some fortune tellers that seem to have a strange knack for soothsaying. I only know one, who is of some repute, and to whom my wife consulted with. The writings back were in Vietnamese, I saw it and began googling the translation. They had want the place of birth and the minute born, not just the date.

What was spooky....and I mean chilling...as I translated this fortune was how accurate it was. Not...someone important to you...but, your husband's father will pass on the 18th of August...which is what occurred.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,323 times
This (I'll post the link below) is interesting, I think it has some truth in it... A lot in fact.

He (Vincent Pitisci) connects it (tarot) with something in psychology called creative thinking. It is a way of brainstorming, stimulated by symbols and archetypes on cards.

Cards have a lot of symbolism from our collective unconscious, so they allow broad stimulation of our unconscious mind...

They represent archetypal imagery from our mind, and that is why we connect with it so fast, and without conscious thinking. They speak to us, without us being aware of it, because, they communicate with our unconscious in its language.

In my personal opinion, I think, we already know everything (future, past, so called destiny...) if we just could reach deep into our unconscious. Our cells (and not just the ones visible to our eye) have the information about their origin, and their goal... completion, final end.

I think we're all connected by our unconscious, into collective unconscious.

You remember, Tesla used that connection to get knowledge, cause we as a collective unconscious know more than our individual unconscious minds...

So we as a connected knowledge, know all what was, and what is yet to come, because we as a network are one, and we as one make that journey. We decide where we are going. And that "we", some call God, some laws of science... But it's all the same (I think). And when I say "we", I mean, all that is, not just humans. But the nature around us as well.

Techniques like this help reach into that parts of us, with which we can't communicate ordinarily and consciously... intentionally... With that great knowledge database. That is, I think, why they are so powerful.

Some of us have sparks of that connection, and can communicate better with collective unconscious, or universe, or god, or that "we" I'm mentioning, and we then call it genius, or something else... Tesla, again, spoke of that communication he had with that network of our minds a lot, and he claimed that that is where he got all of his information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrDutnZIXI

Last edited by meduse; 10-23-2018 at 05:44 AM..

Old 10-23-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduse View Post
This (I'll post the link below) is interesting, I think it has some truth in it... A lot in fact.

He (Vincent Pitisci) connects it (tarot) with something in psychology called creative thinking. It is a way of brainstorming, stimulated by symbols and archetypes on cards.

Cards have a lot of symbolism from our collective unconscious, so they allow broad stimulation of our unconscious mind...

They represent archetypal imagery from our mind, and that is why we connect with it so fast, and without conscious thinking. They speak to us, without us being aware of it, because, they communicate with our unconscious in its language.

In my personal opinion, I think, we already know everything (future, past, so called destiny...) if we just could reach deep into our unconscious. Our cells (and not just the ones visible to our eye) have the information about their origin, and their goal... completion, final end.

I think we're all connected by our unconscious, into collective unconscious.

You remember, Tesla used that connection to get knowledge, cause we as a collective unconscious know more than our individual unconscious minds...

So we as a connected knowledge, know all what was, and what is yet to come, because we as a network are one, and we as one make that journey. We decide where we are going. And that "we", some call God, some laws of science... But it's all the same (I think). And when I say "we", I mean, all that is, not just humans. But the nature around us as well.

Techniques like this help reach into that parts of us, with which we can't communicate ordinarily and consciously... intentionally... With that great knowledge database. That is, I think, why they are so powerful.

Some of us have sparks of that connection, and can communicate better with collective unconscious, or universe, or god, or that "we" I'm mentioning, and we then call it genius, or something else... Tesla, again, spoke of that communication he had with that network of our minds a lot, and he claimed that that is where he got all of his information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrDutnZIXI
I agree with your point about the collective unconscious. It's a network of unseen, infinite knowledge shared by every being - past, present, and future as there is no time outside this reality. But only a rare few can tap into this. Tesla is a great example of this premise at work.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 1,323 times
Yes, and I with you absolutely. And that, about the time being a convention of ours... I agree.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:44 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,258,832 times
As real as a Ouija board. They're how the spirit world communicates with the gullible.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:20 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,760,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Tesla is a great example of this premise at work.
Tesla was a loon who had two workable ideas in his life. One was of surpassing brilliance and the other was clever engineering. Both changed the world. The rest of his life was fifty years of mystical nonsense.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Tesla was a loon who had two workable ideas in his life. One was of surpassing brilliance and the other was clever engineering. Both changed the world. The rest of his life was fifty years of mystical nonsense.
You think he was a "loon" because you don't understand the "mystical nonsense" that he talked about.

It's like not speaking Japanese. It would sound like nonsense to you because you can't speak or understand the language. But that doesn't mean that possibly some very important things are being said. He was a brilliant person who lived far beyond his time. Only now are we beginning to grasp the significance of much of what he accomplished. Had he lived in more enlightened times like today, I think he would have had a much different fate.

Learn the language of Tesla, then you'll understand it.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:59 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,760,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
You think he was a "loon" because you don't understand the "mystical nonsense" that he talked about.
Ah. You know he rejected atomic theory? That his power transmission schemes depended not on putting electricity in one end and taking it out the other but "plucking the Earth's magnetic strings" to create power on the receiving end? That he compulsively computed not only the volume of the food he ate but the volume of his waste as well?

AC theory changed the world. Pneumatic safety brakes saved countless lives and property value. A few other patents show glimpses of insight that was fully worked out many decades later, under a modern understanding of science, but even among those it's hard to find a third thing to point to that isn't completely blithering nonsense, no matter how worshipful Cheney's hagiography was.

Remember, even the alchemists had some rudimentary understanding of chemistry, but they were never going to get anywhere with it while counting on mystical incantations instead of the periodic table. Tesla was much the same after his late 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal