Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 421 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am looking to connect with a loved one who has passed, named Chris. I still love him dearly and believe he has contacted me on a psychic level, but I am looking for some type of external confirmation, so that I can know for sure he is still here with me, and that my experiences have been real. Some bit of communication or sign that could not possibly come from my imagination or wishful thinking. I don't mean to doubt, but grief can get in the way sometimes.

So, in a way, I come here looking for hope... answers... reassurance... but most specifically, confirmation.

Anyone who could possibly connect with Chris on the other side and relay that message or sign from him which would give me that external confirmation is very welcome to reply here. I would be so grateful for that bit of help, thank you. If you receive something but are unsure of it, please just post it anyways - I will thoughtfully consider whatever comes through. It may help more than you know. Thank you again in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 05:30 PM

6,988 posts, read 6,912,033 times
I dont know what happens where you are, but when I was younger I was a member of the local Spiritualist church and each Sunday there were many people receiving messages from loved ones who had passed over. Of course, this depends on your beliefs etc and whether you agree with their philosophy or not. Certainly, it is an option if you want to go down that road. Visiting mediums with good references is another route.

I feel that the folks in the spirit world will often get in contact through dreams, so maybe try writing down your dreams as soon as you wake up and do this for a few weeks to see what comes through.

The other thing you could try is to investigate OBEs which are out-of-body experiences. There are a number of websites which give information on how to do this and CDs and DVDs which give instructions and special music which is said to make it easier. Some people are very good at disassociating from their body and moving into that other reality where they say one part is where the folks who have died exist.

The Monroe Institute Gateway Program is one course which uses certain musical tones (Hemi-Sync) to help people get out-of-body and explore if thats your thing.

I know it is difficult when one loses someone very dear to them, but throughout my spiritual journey it has been mentioned several times that we should try not to be too 'desperately' wanting their contact. It seems this creates a drag for them back to the Earth-world they have just come from when they are trying to move on in their journey in the after-life. It is like someone always tugging on your skirt or shirt sleeves trying to gain attention when you are chopping fruit in the kitchen.

If you can, try to find a space where you allow them to progress in their new journey and try to send your love to them as you would someone who is undertaking a long journey to a distant country. Maybe think of them before sleep at night? They will send postcards when they can, to let you know they are thinking of you yet having a good time on their journey - exploring new places, new people and new experiences.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:10 PM

8,949 posts, read 11,815,852 times
Oda Mae Brown was a well-known medium for contacting spirits. I don't know if she is still working though.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,661,154 times
IF you are trying to contact deceased loved ones in the spirit world...how can you be sure your loved one is actually the one that responds?! I think this is why there is a warning against attempting this, (you can never be sure who you are really talking to over there).

Old 06-24-2019, 01:12 AM

8,594 posts, read 11,026,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDforum View Post
Hi everyone. I am looking to connect with a loved one who has passed, named Chris. I still love him dearly and believe he has contacted me on a psychic level, but I am looking for some type of external confirmation, so that I can know for sure he is still here with me, and that my experiences have been real. Some bit of communication or sign that could not possibly come from my imagination or wishful thinking. I don't mean to doubt, but grief can get in the way sometimes.

So, in a way, I come here looking for hope... answers... reassurance... but most specifically, confirmation.

Anyone who could possibly connect with Chris on the other side and relay that message or sign from him which would give me that external confirmation is very welcome to reply here. I would be so grateful for that bit of help, thank you. If you receive something but are unsure of it, please just post it anyways - I will thoughtfully consider whatever comes through. It may help more than you know. Thank you again in advance.

What happened that made you feel he contacted you on a "psychic" level?
That is a good starting point.knowing more about that event, perhaps we can offer more advice.

Bob.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:38 AM

24,155 posts, read 32,586,691 times
Quote:

I would second ocpaul20's suggestion - if there is a Spiritualist Church near you, or even an hour away, Sunday services include gallery readings. Downside, you may not be called on if there is no message. A Spiritualist church will have information about mediums in your area.

The Spiritualist church also has a place in western NYS called The Lily Dale Assembly. It is a community of mediums. It opens each summer. Even if it is not close to you, or you do not want to take a trip there, many Registered Mediums read online, or by telephone.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:06 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,295,753 times
Watch medium john Edward on youtube videos...….that guy is ..well, see for yourself.

while I do believe is an afterlife and spirits.....I don't believe we are suppose to be chasing after the ones that pass......because ….if it is 100% proven their are spirits around us...….then half of us will be living our life trying to contact them more ……..or worse ….end our lives sooner so we can be with them..
I believe the life we lead "should" not be one chasing spirits......but living a life fully on our own.. (if you knew or thought your deceased mother or dad was around you all the time.....that may not be welcoming after a while)

Old 06-26-2019, 12:44 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:

Where are you located? (State or region)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal