Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 01:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do you honestly believe they would give up on a successful program!
How do you know they did in fact, give it up?

They told us for years that they had NO investigations into ufos, after Blue book...of course, we now know that was a complete lie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 01:11 AM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
If I had a DMT or shroom trip, I’d say not unlikely.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:32 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
However, in that case, they distorted the facts to have the program continue and to keep their jobs.
You obviously know nothing about Remote Vieweing and in the protocols they use in particular which were designed by scientists. They are in effect double blind because they are given a reference number only and no information about the target. There is NO WAY they could distort the facts to keep their jobs.

What has the Church of Scientology got to do with it? In the books and articles I have read on RV, there is nothing about Scientology anywhere. However, if L Ron Hubbard was interested in that kind of thing at all and at any time, then it most probably was NOT RV. Remote Viewing does not lend itself well to religious usage because the protocols are too strict.

Why are you trying to discredit Remote Viewing when both the Russians and the Americans have used it and probably still are using it?

Old 08-11-2019, 06:00 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You obviously know nothing about Remote Vieweing and in the protocols they use in particular which were designed by scientists. They are in effect double blind because they are given a reference number only and no information about the target. There is NO WAY they could distort the facts to keep their jobs.

What has the Church of Scientology got to do with it? In the books and articles I have read on RV, there is nothing about Scientology anywhere. However, if L Ron Hubbard was interested in that kind of thing at all and at any time, then it most probably was NOT RV. Remote Viewing does not lend itself well to religious usage because the protocols are too strict.

Why are you trying to discredit Remote Viewing when both the Russians and the Americans have used it and probably still are using it?
I am simply siting the sources publicly available and the reasons given for closing the program.

As far as bringing in the Church of Scientology; I don't trust politicians and their friends. like Harry Reid getting $22 million for his friend to investigate UFO's: https://freebeacon.com/politics/22-m...nd-harry-reid/.

As far as both the Russians and the Americans during the cold war: it was a race to the top or to be the first and one played information off the other. There is so much disinformation in the information that came out it will take an eternity to sort the whole mess out - if it can ever be sorted out.

Think of it this way: If remote viewing worked we know the concept behind it and how our government supposedly used it. So why is it not used on a large scale now? Why are we not hearing one informercial after another asking people to sign up for courses to beat out their competitors using remote viewing? Our government closed the book on it so, if it worked, I am sure somebody would try to make a buck off it.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I am simply siting the sources publicly available and the reasons given for closing the program.

As far as bringing in the Church of Scientology; I don't trust politicians and their friends. like Harry Reid getting $22 million for his friend to investigate UFO's: https://freebeacon.com/politics/22-m...nd-harry-reid/.

As far as both the Russians and the Americans during the cold war: it was a race to the top or to be the first and one played information off the other. There is so much disinformation in the information that came out it will take an eternity to sort the whole mess out - if it can ever be sorted out.

Think of it this way: If remote viewing worked we know the concept behind it and how our government supposedly used it. So why is it not used on a large scale now? Why are we not hearing one informercial after another asking people to sign up for courses to beat out their competitors using remote viewing? Our government closed the book on it so, if it worked, I am sure somebody would try to make a buck off it.
Surely you can see the potential disasters from allowing this to be used out in the public?!!

It would be a HUGE national security risk, anyone and everyone that had developed the skill, could use it on anyone or any place they liked (see how much of a security risk it would be yet?)

Old 08-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Surely you can see the potential disasters from allowing this to be used out in the public?!!

It would be a HUGE national security risk, anyone and everyone that had developed the skill, could use it on anyone or any place they liked (see how much of a security risk it would be yet?)
Actually, if you Google 'remote viewing courses', there are many available. Like this one for only $79: https://www.soundstrue.com/store/the...urse-2415.html. So for about $80 you can see the aliens that kidnap our passengers off our airplanes and you can see the winning lottery numbers for next week's drawings! Of course, if they drag you off because you are now considered a "HUGE national security risk" you many never see the payout! Of course, when locked up in a security cell; you can still 'travel'!

Old 08-12-2019, 08:57 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:

Is this trying to be an answer to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
Because..it does not really say anything and it certainly does not answer the question.

Yes we know the Russians and Americans were in competition during the Cold War.
Yes, we know there is too much misinformation out there.

We dont know how large a scale it is being used, but we DO know it was used for nearly 25 years and probably still being used.

Quote:
So for about $80 you can see the aliens that kidnap our passengers off our airplanes and you can see the winning lottery numbers for next week's drawings! Of course, if they drag you off because you are now considered a "HUGE national security risk" you many never see the payout! Of course, when locked up in a security cell; you can still 'travel'!
Ho ho ho

So how about telling us what reason you have for discrediting Remote Viewing? What is the point? Why should it bother you?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:05 PM

These things were part of the govts 'Psy-warfare' dept...Im sure they still employee Psy warfare tactics, who knows what they can do today!!

Old 08-13-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So how about telling us what reason you have for discrediting Remote Viewing? What is the point? Why should it bother you?
Who said I am trying to discredit it? I'm waiting for you guys to spend your $80 and come back and tell us all next week's lottery numbers. No sense in keeping it all to yourselves. Besides it would be a perfect way to tell me and other true skeptics that we have no idea of what we are talking about. I would really love to be proved wrong and we would all be richer.

Heck, while millions want to storm the gates of area 51; you could be on the inside looking out. You can come back and describe the little gray men and their saucer. Plus you could send us live, first hand information, about the alien's home world.

Don't worry, when it works, many of us will cough up our own $80 and joining you.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:58 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Who said I am trying to discredit it? I'm waiting for you guys to spend your $80 and come back and tell us all next week's lottery numbers. No sense in keeping it all to yourselves. Besides it would be a perfect way to tell me and other true skeptics that we have no idea of what we are talking about. I would really love to be proved wrong and we would all be richer.
Come to think of it, I don't ever recall any self-proclaimed clairvoyant/psychic winning those mega lotteries that reach into the hundreds of millions, I wonder why?

I know they can't be anti-money, since psychic medium, John Edward, charges $850 for a private reading!

Last edited by cjseliga; 08-13-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal