Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Wikipedia goes into a lot of detail on that film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film. I one reads their section on "Hoax Allegations" it would be hard to come away without some doubts.
Experts who have analyzed the film --- everyone from anthropologists to wildlife biologists to Hollywood special effects experts --- all scream, "Fake!" Some of the more vocal even go into details, insisting that it isn't even a very good fake.

Even a cursory layman's viewing points out the bad science in the hoax: Look at the chest. Obvious mammary glands, completely covered in hair. No primate on Earth is built that way. Not humans, not gorillas, not chimps, not orangutans. It's a guy in a suit.

https://video.nationalgeographic.com...c-7b3f24c90000

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300262926.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2020, 01:20 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Doesn't matter. Bigfoot does not exist, and if it ever did, it has been extinct for quite a while.

The only chance of a wild primate in the US is the skunk ape in Florida. Being the dumping ground for exotic animals I wouldn't be surprised if a truck full of orangutans were released into the wild, by accident or otherwise.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:55 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Experts who have analyzed the film --- everyone from anthropologists to wildlife biologists to Hollywood special effects experts --- all scream, "Fake!" Some of the more vocal even go into details, insisting that it isn't even a very good fake.

Even a cursory layman's viewing points out the bad science in the hoax: Look at the chest. Obvious mammary glands, completely covered in hair. No primate on Earth is built that way. Not humans, not gorillas, not chimps, not orangutans. It's a guy in a suit.

https://video.nationalgeographic.com...c-7b3f24c90000

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300262926.html
I have played that over and over again. Plus the higher definition makeover of the original film. To me it looks like a man in a gorilla suit. There were a couple frames that looked like the upper suit was not attached to the lower suit. I forget all my observations; but it screamed hoax to me - I wasn't buying.

But there are still many that swear it is the holly grail and we would never convince the otherwise. Of course that salesman selling the deeds for the Brooklyn Bridge has to make a few dollars to keep a roof over his head!

Old 01-29-2020, 02:06 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Just send it to me. I'll verify it at a legitimate laboratory, then send you a check. Send me a whole carcass: I'll pay $100,000.
OK, I just sent the carcass via FedEx overnight...you should receive it tomorrow. I can explain the body hair mostly removed...it uh....got removed by an animal before I found it, can't explain the lipstick or plucked eyebrows though. Has me stumped, anyway, make sure the body is cremated after they take the DNA. Thank you.( I pm'd you for where to send the $100,000 to. )

Old 01-29-2020, 04:25 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Flap traps and do nothing. Sitting around smugly passing judgment won't get you any more than nothing.

Do us all a favor and go see for your selves.

Why wouldn't you go and see what everyone is mistaken about? You can then come to tell how everyone is hoaxing.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:12 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Flap traps and do nothing. Sitting around smugly passing judgment won't get you any more than nothing.

Do us all a favor and go see for your selves.

Why wouldn't you go and see what everyone is mistaken about? You can then come to tell how everyone is hoaxing.
There are just as many sightings in my State as there are in your State. Plus I partially own 650 of virgin forest surrounded by thousands of acres of virgin forest; why should I have to go to another state? They are here according to the people you swear tell the truth (BRFO).

Besides that; you are saying that you can see one at any time. So bring that evidence to this forum and lets settle this.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:26 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,825,782 times
How to Catch a Bigfoot

Tools needed: Shovel, lots of firewood, a case or so of canned peas.

1. Dig a big deep pit.
2. Create a huge bonfire in the pit. Let it burn out til you have a nice thick layer of ash.
3. Spread a heavy layer of peas over the ashes.
4. Hide close by your Bigfoot trap.

When Bigfoot comes to take a pea, kick him in the Ash Hole!

Old 01-29-2020, 05:45 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Just send it to me. I'll verify it at a legitimate laboratory, then send you a check. Send me a whole carcass: I'll pay $100,000.
what are you going to do if the DEAD Bigfoot has Human DNA? Wouldn't that make you an accessory to murder? If Bigfoot actually does exist has any member of that species ever harmed one of us so called Humans? how about just co-existing for a few more centuries?

Old 01-30-2020, 06:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There are just as many sightings in my State as there are in your State. Plus I partially own 650 of virgin forest surrounded by thousands of acres of virgin forest; why should I have to go to another state? They are here according to the people you swear tell the truth (BRFO).

Besides that; you are saying that you can see one at any time. So bring that evidence to this forum and lets settle this.
I have nothing to do with the BFRO. Don't try to put words in my mouth. Prove to us you own 650 acres. Never mentioned before until know. I am not sure that I believe you. Yes there are quite a few in Pa. There are plenty of researchers in Pa. Why don't you invite some to this area around you and see what they say.? Maybe they will show you some sign and you will be right there to tell your opinion.
I have never said I can see one anytime. You lie!

Old 01-30-2020, 06:48 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Prove to us you own 650 acres. Never mentioned before until know.
Although it isn't "proof", he has mentioned it before, but it was on a different thread. (1/25/2020), Page 21, Post 201.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/unex...-weeks-21.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal