Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 06:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Although I do understand why you would not want them coming around your property all the time.

Well; I don't want something of these natures that the majority of the population have said doesn't exist coming around me and on my property and tapping on my window at 11:15 pm. These things are and sometimes become the Apex Predator. Some people have really suffered from them around. I didn't have dogs back then but I do now and I don't want them killed.

I wanted to just see one myself self and this is more than I ever thought could be. These things are not an unknown Primate.

The saying of "Be careful of what you wish for" is valid..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 09:45 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
My dad saw one once. This would've been in the Oklahoma/Missouri area. He was hiking with a buddy, but at some point, he and his buddy went separate ways, agreeing to meet up later.

So my dad is on a bluff, looking down toward the Neosho river. He sees a figure, stooped over, drinking water from the river. He assumes it's his buddy, even though he thought it was weird that his buddy would drink directly from the river. He calls out to his buddy, but when the figure stood up, and looked directly at my dad, it was clear to my dad that it definitely was NOT his buddy.

My mom said "you saw a bigfoot." My dad said "I'm not sure what I saw, but it wasn't a human."

Old 03-06-2020, 12:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
My dad saw one once. This would've been in the Oklahoma/Missouri area. He was hiking with a buddy, but at some point, he and his buddy went separate ways, agreeing to meet up later.

So my dad is on a bluff, looking down toward the Neosho river. He sees a figure, stooped over, drinking water from the river. He assumes it's his buddy, even though he thought it was weird that his buddy would drink directly from the river. He calls out to his buddy, but when the figure stood up, and looked directly at my dad, it was clear to my dad that it definitely was NOT his buddy.

My mom said "you saw a bigfoot." My dad said "I'm not sure what I saw, but it wasn't a human."
Yep, there have been 1000s of sightings over the years just like this one!

I realize its not rock solid proof...but the numbers cannot be discounted...there is something there.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Although I do understand why you would not want them coming around your property all the time.

Well; I don't want something of these natures that the majority of the population have said doesn't exist coming around me and on my property and tapping on my window at 11:15 pm. These things are and sometimes become the Apex Predator. Some people have really suffered from them around. I didn't have dogs back then but I do now and I don't want them killed.

I wanted to just see one myself self and this is more than I ever thought could be. These things are not an unknown Primate.

The saying of "Be careful of what you wish for" is valid..
Oh yes, i would be VERY careful with your dogs, there are many reports of them killing/ eating dogs.

**Ive also read this may be why some DNA tests on hairs or scat, come back as deer, dog, bear, etc...these things consume all these animals, so its possible the DNA would return that as a known animal.

Its too bad you couldnt design and build a large steel trap, to trap one of these things if it came up to your house one night, put it on the back of a truck and drive around town!!

Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
I think we me it is the Teacher in me for why I stick around here. It makes a person wonder how long these disbelievers would last on the religion forum.

I know what I have seen and experienced and no one will change my mind. I don't like them coming around where I live.

I know what I heard and I have never heard those sounds at any time anywhere else. I don't know for sure that what I saw as far as tree shaking was a Sasquatch or the horrifying howls was a Sasquatch, but, knowing where I grew up and all the reports I have read on BigFoot and I'm pretty sure that that creature was a BigFoot. No one can take that away from me. I saw and heard what I saw and heard.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:31 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I think we me it is the Teacher in me for why I stick around here. It makes a person wonder how long these disbelievers would last on the religion forum.

I know what I have seen and experienced and no one will change my mind. I don't like them coming around where I live.

I know what I heard and I have never heard those sounds at any time anywhere else. I don't know for sure that what I saw as far as tree shaking was a Sasquatch or the horrifying howls was a Sasquatch, but, knowing where I grew up and all the reports I have read on BigFoot and I'm pretty sure that that creature was a BigFoot. No one can take that away from me. I saw and heard what I saw and heard.
I never meant to take anything away from you. But you saw nothing other than a tree shaking and you heard a sound you never heard before. So you put two and two together and came up with Big Foot. You had your experience; but it is not scientific proof of anything.

I told you this before: My wife and I chased a mountain lion in our pickup truck and got to within twenty yards of it in broad daylight. It proved nothing because we could not convince our Game Commission to investigate. I can repeat this story over and over and it makes no difference; it does not make our sighting real in the minds of the establishment. We needed the paw prints, the DNA and a good road kill of a mountain lion to prove they are in Pennsylvania. Fortunately, for us, one was killed by a motorist in Connecticut so it could have been the one we saw. But that still does not prove one was in PA.

You don't have a body or solid proof in any state!

Old 03-11-2020, 08:28 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
We people that have had an encounter; just don't care.

I can repeat this story over and over and it makes no difference; it does not make our sighting real in the minds of the establishment

Old 03-11-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We people that have had an encounter; just don't care.

I can repeat this story over and over and it makes no difference; it does not make our sighting real in the minds of the establishment
Finally we agree on something! All any of us have is a story without supporting evidence. We need that evidence to make our stories 'fact'.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Finally we agree on something! All any of us have is a story without supporting evidence. We need that evidence to make our stories 'fact'.
Sometimes, that is not possible.

I will use my own UFO sighting as an example...there is NO way I can prove this happened, ( I dont have the picture anymore, because it was on an old computer and I didnt transfer it, I have no idea what happened to the Nikon 'coolpix' digital camera, Im assuming my ex wife has it, or its stored away in some box, but I doubt that image is still on it).

Ive tried to explain this on here before, sometimes, in these cases, you have to take into consideration, how many other people, report the same exact thing happening to them, while that is not rock solid evidence, it does add credibility.

And when the subject is Bigfoot...there are FAR too many people, all reporting the same exact thing.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Sometimes, that is not possible.

I will use my own UFO sighting as an example...there is NO way I can prove this happened, ( I dont have the picture anymore, because it was on an old computer and I didnt transfer it, I have no idea what happened to the Nikon 'coolpix' digital camera, Im assuming my ex wife has it, or its stored away in some box, but I doubt that image is still on it).

Ive tried to explain this on here before, sometimes, in these cases, you have to take into consideration, how many other people, report the same exact thing happening to them, while that is not rock solid evidence, it does add credibility.

And when the subject is Bigfoot...there are FAR too many people, all reporting the same exact thing.
No! Many qualify their reports with terms like: I think it was. They leave themselves and 'out'. It could be because they don't want to be ridiculed or they simply did not know what they saw. Some of the cases could simply be floaters in a person's eye? Some could be misidentifications? But we will never know because many believers want us to accept all or nothing. If you know 50% of them were a hoax or misidentification; which 50% would you toss out? The problem is that you cannot police your own ranks.

You want a 'good one' that would make us all believers; where is the report of the one that ran into the road, was hit, and taken to be examined?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal