Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 05:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'd say that's an old man (you can tell by the enlarged size of his nose, the shrunken jaw and the shape of his eyes) with the condition known as hypertrichosis. Hypertrichosis, also known as werewolf syndrome, is a condition characterized by excessive hair growth anywhere on a person's body. Some sufferers even get the hair growth on their tongues. It's rather rare, usually runs in families, but there are more than enough medically documented cases with photographs or paintings of people with the condition that you can compare it with. You can google it and look at images online of people with hypertrichosis.

I think the photograph has been photoshopped a bit, and that window space has been added to it for effect, that isn't a real window frame.

Some of the other commonly reported physical characteristics of 'werewolf encounters' are...Large pointy ears (on top of the head), long snout, large curved canine teeth, a long bushy tail, 'hock joint' rear legs, long talon like claws on the hands...

I wonder if any of these are associated with 'Hypertrichosis'?

Actually, when it come to excessive hair in relation to 'werewolves', many report body hair is sparse, and the only area with significant hair 'bulk' is around the neck and head, (like a mane).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 07:37 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Some of the other commonly reported physical characteristics of 'werewolf encounters' are...Large pointy ears (on top of the head), long snout, large curved canine teeth, a long bushy tail, 'hock joint' rear legs, long talon like claws on the hands...

I wonder if any of these are associated with 'Hypertrichosis'?

Actually, when it come to excessive hair in relation to 'werewolves', many report body hair is sparse, and the only area with significant hair 'bulk' is around the neck and head, (like a mane).
The human imagination is limitless. It is very possible that some of those reports were filled in with a good dose of imagination. You see something large, in poor lighting, and your imagination runs wild. Keep in mind all the kids that reported monsters in their closest. One has to turn on the light to see there are not ears there! Some of them could also be perspective where a high collar was mistaken for a large ear.

Some humans have left their nails grow to unbelievable lengths. And some people do have anomalies. Every case has to be looked at separately and every detail scrutinized. But, more than any of that, we need evidence. Just show us one dead and leave us examine the body.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The human imagination is limitless. It is very possible that some of those reports were filled in with a good dose of imagination. You see something large, in poor lighting, and your imagination runs wild. Keep in mind all the kids that reported monsters in their closest. One has to turn on the light to see there are not ears there! Some of them could also be perspective where a high collar was mistaken for a large ear.

Some humans have left their nails grow to unbelievable lengths. And some people do have anomalies. Every case has to be looked at separately and every detail scrutinized. But, more than any of that, we need evidence. Just show us one dead and leave us examine the body.
Hmm, thats strange, I wonder why so many people, (who have never even heard of 'Dogmen', and generally do not believe in werewolves)...why would such people be reporting physical details like, long snout, big bushy tail, reversed joint knees on rear legs, etc..?

You say it could be 'imagination'...but these people do not believe in these things (or they are totally indifferent(dont even think about it).

Ive mentioned that my dad is not a believer in Bigfoot or Dogman, (he was not even aware of Dogman until I told him about it), he just said that sounds like a werewolf, but they do not exist...

So, lets say my dad has a sighting of a Dogman, (since he doesnt believe in werewolves to begin with), why would he report physical details that describe a werewolf? LOL

There are not a lot of people out there that even think about cryptids during the course of their day (some people are just not interested in it, or they have just never heard much about the subject), when people like this have sightings or encounters...its very strange they start describing a cryptid!

**If they do not believe in cryptids...how can they claim to have a sighting of one? That doesnt make sense...during the incident, their mind would NOT point towards a cryptid, (since they do not believe).

Old 06-18-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Hmm, thats strange, I wonder why so many people, (who have never even heard of 'Dogmen', and generally do not believe in werewolves)...why would such people be reporting physical details like, long snout, big bushy tail, reversed joint knees on rear legs, etc..?

You say it could be 'imagination'...but these people do not believe in these things (or they are totally indifferent(dont even think about it).

Ive mentioned that my dad is not a believer in Bigfoot or Dogman, (he was not even aware of Dogman until I told him about it), he just said that sounds like a werewolf, but they do not exist...

So, lets say my dad has a sighting of a Dogman, (since he doesnt believe in werewolves to begin with), why would he report physical details that describe a werewolf? LOL

There are not a lot of people out there that even think about cryptids during the course of their day (some people are just not interested in it, or they have just never heard much about the subject), when people like this have sightings or encounters...its very strange they start describing a cryptid!

**If they do not believe in cryptids...how can they claim to have a sighting of one? That doesnt make sense...during the incident, their mind would NOT point towards a cryptid, (since they do not believe).
OK; lets go over this by the numbers. According to this link (https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...r-drug-problem) "Overall, almost 44 million Americans 18 or older had a diagnosable mental, behavioral or emotional disorder in the past year, researchers said. They reviewed national surveys on drug use and health."

Then you can do this link (https://nami.org/mhstats) that states: "1 in 25 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year". That still leaves millions of Americans that suffer from serious mental issues. There are currently about 331 million of us. Please keep in mind that many 'level headed' people can suffer from these issues just like some not so level headed individuals.

Now I went to the BRFO web site (BFRO Geographical Database of Bigfoot Sightings & Reports) and quickly added up the number of sightings (please forgive me if I made a mistake) and I totaled 5070. Let's say they did not list all of them and the numbers could be 10,000 or 15,000. What is that number compared to several million of us that: "1 in 25 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year"?

All we really have are stories and we have no idea whether they are accurate because there is no evidence!

Seriously; I am 73 and I never, ever, heard of Dogman until you mentioned it on this forum. I saw the wolfman Hollywood movies and I am aware of the Ancient Egyptians and their jackal headed humans. I cannot imagine that there are more reports of Dogman than Big Foot (that I did hear about when I was growing up). At one time I did believe in BF; but that was years ago. As technology improved and our world got smaller I lost faith that they could ever live along side of us.

The ball is in your court; prove me and the other skeptics wrong. This is the kind of report you need: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...76Q5ZE20110727. I could not produce a dead body when me and my wife spotted one twenty years ago in PA. Still PA officially has no mountain lions. Had a vehicle hit one in PA we would have had that proof; but we don't have squatch and you don't have squatch. But at least we officially know that mountain lions do exist in the US and some can make it all the way to the East Coast.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
OK; lets go over this by the numbers. According to this link (https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...r-drug-problem) "Overall, almost 44 million Americans 18 or older had a diagnosable mental, behavioral or emotional disorder in the past year, researchers said. They reviewed national surveys on drug use and health."

Then you can do this link (https://nami.org/mhstats) that states: "1 in 25 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year". That still leaves millions of Americans that suffer from serious mental issues. There are currently about 331 million of us. Please keep in mind that many 'level headed' people can suffer from these issues just like some not so level headed individuals.

Now I went to the BRFO web site (BFRO Geographical Database of Bigfoot Sightings & Reports) and quickly added up the number of sightings (please forgive me if I made a mistake) and I totaled 5070. Let's say they did not list all of them and the numbers could be 10,000 or 15,000. What is that number compared to several million of us that: "1 in 25 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year"?

All we really have are stories and we have no idea whether they are accurate because there is no evidence!

Seriously; I am 73 and I never, ever, heard of Dogman until you mentioned it on this forum. I saw the wolfman Hollywood movies and I am aware of the Ancient Egyptians and their jackal headed humans. I cannot imagine that there are more reports of Dogman than Big Foot (that I did hear about when I was growing up). At one time I did believe in BF; but that was years ago. As technology improved and our world got smaller I lost faith that they could ever live along side of us.

The ball is in your court; prove me and the other skeptics wrong. This is the kind of report you need: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...76Q5ZE20110727. I could not produce a dead body when me and my wife spotted one twenty years ago in PA. Still PA officially has no mountain lions. Had a vehicle hit one in PA we would have had that proof; but we don't have squatch and you don't have squatch. But at least we officially know that mountain lions do exist in the US and some can make it all the way to the East Coast.
I dont think you should associate mental illness with cryptid sightings (or drug use), I used drugs for a number of years, but never had any 'mental illness', I wasnt trying to 'escape my own mind' or trying to silence voices in my head, or anything nuts like that, I just liked the way those drugs made me feel, (its that simple really!)

And no matter what I do, I will NEVER forget what they felt like, (thats partially why staying sober is so hard for many people), its called 'euphoric recall'...people remember what the feeling was like...its something they will never forget! Im not even going to try to explain what heroin feels like, it cannot be put into words, but one word that comes close is...EUPHORIC.

I suggest you look at sightings by skeptics and read thru their reports, Ive always found them to be very interesting, its really amazing to read of an unbelieving skeptic having an intense 'Class A' encounter.

I often wonder what would go thru my dads mind if he had a sighting...would his mind allow him to even entertain that he was wrong, and these things truly do exist? Or would he desperately try to convince himself he was 'mis identifying' a bear or something?

I believer there are some books written by former skeptics too, I will try find a few and take a glance at what they say!

Old 06-20-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
I dont think you should associate mental illness with cryptid sightings (or drug use), I used drugs for a number of years, but never had any 'mental illness', I wasnt trying to 'escape my own mind' or trying to silence voices in my head, or anything nuts like that, I just liked the way those drugs made me feel, (its that simple really!)

And no matter what I do, I will NEVER forget what they felt like, (thats partially why staying sober is so hard for many people), its called 'euphoric recall'...people remember what the feeling was like...its something they will never forget! Im not even going to try to explain what heroin feels like, it cannot be put into words, but one word that comes close is...EUPHORIC.

I suggest you look at sightings by skeptics and read thru their reports, Ive always found them to be very interesting, its really amazing to read of an unbelieving skeptic having an intense 'Class A' encounter.

I often wonder what would go thru my dads mind if he had a sighting...would his mind allow him to even entertain that he was wrong, and these things truly do exist? Or would he desperately try to convince himself he was 'mis identifying' a bear or something?

I believer there are some books written by former skeptics too, I will try find a few and take a glance at what they say!
I never claimed that all had mental disorders or did drugs. But you want us to believe everything without any evidence. We really know nothing about these people that make these claims. Some might simply be stories made up to promote the belief in BF or Dogman.

For many of your past post you start off saying how reputable the person is that is making these claims. At 73 I have had 'friends' and coworkers that at one time I thought were "reputable" only to find out that I really did not want to have anything to do with them. I knew one man that many respected that turned out to be a pedophile that abused a foster child he was caring for. Another close friend swindled me out of some money when I was in business - friends and business do not mix!

You give us so many stories; but you also give no evidence.

As far as your father: What would go though your mind if your father was right?

Old 06-20-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I never claimed that all had mental disorders or did drugs. But you want us to believe everything without any evidence. We really know nothing about these people that make these claims. Some might simply be stories made up to promote the belief in BF or Dogman.

For many of your past post you start off saying how reputable the person is that is making these claims. At 73 I have had 'friends' and coworkers that at one time I thought were "reputable" only to find out that I really did not want to have anything to do with them. I knew one man that many respected that turned out to be a pedophile that abused a foster child he was caring for. Another close friend swindled me out of some money when I was in business - friends and business do not mix!

You give us so many stories; but you also give no evidence.

As far as your father: What would go though your mind if your father was right?
Its up to you, and everyone else that reads sighting reports, to determine whether they believe it or not.

We can only 'listen to our guts'...there have been MANY reports and incidents I do not believe, but others do believe them, (everyone is different).

I think Im pretty good at 'reading people', and there has been many people Ive listened to on podcast, talking about their sighting, but it sounds like they are reading it off a sheet, it doesnt sound sincere at all, plenty of people have the ability to recognize when someone is making a story up too!

Another thing related to this, and Ive brought this up before, Ive noticed in so many of these sighting incidents, the witness, either didnt believe in crytpids or they just didnt give any thought to them (totally indifferent to the whole subject)...until they experienced it for themselves! I do admit, this adds a certain degree of credibility to it, when I hear of witnesses, that were really into cryptids BEFORE their sighting...it makes me question whether they are being truthful a little more.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Its up to you, and everyone else that reads sighting reports, to determine whether they believe it or not.

We can only 'listen to our guts'...there have been MANY reports and incidents I do not believe, but others do believe them, (everyone is different).

I think Im pretty good at 'reading people', and there has been many people Ive listened to on podcast, talking about their sighting, but it sounds like they are reading it off a sheet, it doesnt sound sincere at all, plenty of people have the ability to recognize when someone is making a story up too!

Another thing related to this, and Ive brought this up before, Ive noticed in so many of these sighting incidents, the witness, either didnt believe in crytpids or they just didnt give any thought to them (totally indifferent to the whole subject)...until they experienced it for themselves! I do admit, this adds a certain degree of credibility to it, when I hear of witnesses, that were really into cryptids BEFORE their sighting...it makes me question whether they are being truthful a little more.
Credibility is when you can produce the evidence to support your claims! Without that evidence all these claims are nothing more than an child telling their parents the stack of clothes in the dark closet is a monster. You need to flip the light switch on and show us what you have.

All of us make mistakes and if you are a 'good read' of people you would still be married! 'Listen to our guts' did not work there. I am not saying who's fault; I am just saying that we are all human and all of us can make mistakes. There has to be a point where 'stories' do not count anymore. It is long overdue to back up those stories with something substantial. You cannot even produce one clear picture or video. At least that would be a start.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Credibility is when you can produce the evidence to support your claims! Without that evidence all these claims are nothing more than an child telling their parents the stack of clothes in the dark closet is a monster. You need to flip the light switch on and show us what you have.

All of us make mistakes and if you are a 'good read' of people you would still be married! 'Listen to our guts' did not work there. I am not saying who's fault; I am just saying that we are all human and all of us can make mistakes. There has to be a point where 'stories' do not count anymore. It is long overdue to back up those stories with something substantial. You cannot even produce one clear picture or video. At least that would be a start.
LOL, you are right, I was WAY WRONG that my ex wife and I would have a happy marriage and grow old together! Thats different though, when you are dating, its new and exciting, its a fun time...I know today, that I wasnt looking at the long term picture, after spending year after year with the SAME person, coming home every day to the SAME person...this is MUCH different compared to the times dating.

Point is, looking back today, there are 'signs' I should have paid attention to earlier on in the relationship, with her and me personally, I was fooling myself that I would be happy and content spending the rest of my life with the same person, (that is not me at all), but at the time, I had myself fooled that I would enjoy this.

As Ive said before, the difference in the 'closet monster' and bigfoot or other cryptids....there are 1000s of people, (adults), all over the world, claiming to have REAL sightings of the thing...and all giving pretty much the same exact description, that MUST BE significant to you to some degree? (how many sightings of a 'closet monster' do you find on a Google search, (by adults)...where they are claiming to see this thing?

Old 06-20-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
LOL, you are right, I was WAY WRONG that my ex wife and I would have a happy marriage and grow old together! Thats different though, when you are dating, its new and exciting, its a fun time...I know today, that I wasnt looking at the long term picture, after spending year after year with the SAME person, coming home every day to the SAME person...this is MUCH different compared to the times dating.

Point is, looking back today, there are 'signs' I should have paid attention to earlier on in the relationship, with her and me personally, I was fooling myself that I would be happy and content spending the rest of my life with the same person, (that is not me at all), but at the time, I had myself fooled that I would enjoy this.

As Ive said before, the difference in the 'closet monster' and bigfoot or other cryptids....there are 1000s of people, (adults), all over the world, claiming to have REAL sightings of the thing...and all giving pretty much the same exact description, that MUST BE significant to you to some degree? (how many sightings of a 'closet monster' do you find on a Google search, (by adults)...where they are claiming to see this thing?
How are we to determine which ones are real and which ones aren't. You keep talking about feelings and feelings don't prove anything. As I have pointed out; millions of people have problems. There is only one way to sort this all out. You know that; but you keep telling us 'stories' and feelings. Show us where one got hit crossing our very busy roads and then was examined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal