Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 03:22 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

I put this here because it goes along with the theory of the "law of attraction" which is a spiritual idea. It is also a scientific theory -- the many worlds theory.

But I was thinking about how before 2000 almost nothing really seemed like it was able to be moved. Things were mundane. Nothing bad was going to happen. Nothing bad or interesting did ever happen. I used to get excited about wars / invasions (Panama) because there is nothing else happening. We weren't walking around constantly going -- can you believe that happened?

But since 2000 it seems like we can't go a year without some bizarre stuff happening where we are all like, can you believe this is happening. I swear this started with the 2000 election.

I am starting to seriously wonder if we (or me) got pushed into an alternate universe on Y2K.

Remember how we all laughed about how nothing happened... but what if it did?

I don't know I just remember my early life being so stable and different and *blam* the last few years... nothing is safe. Everything I am smacking about.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 11-05-2020 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 03:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
well, you are 20 years older.

I look back twenty years and I am no longer in that reality.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
when I look back at when I was 15, 25, 35 and now, I see four different universes to tell ya truth.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:06 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
It is one of my wild theories about the mandela effect - that we are constantly jumping to different timelines according to our level of something (maybe it is 'spirituality'?), so as we go along we possibly at night when we are asleep, jump to another timeline which is why we remember something as fact and then find out it is different. I reckon the Earth and different peoples have their own timeline jumps too.

Often it is just our own perception of our external world, many times that is influenced by the media and TV, etc and how they and the government want us to think at the time.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:48 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
It's probably CERN related

Old 11-05-2020, 05:54 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is one of my wild theories about the mandela effect - that we are constantly jumping to different timelines according to our level of something (maybe it is 'spirituality'?), so as we go along we possibly at night when we are asleep, jump to another timeline which is why we remember something as fact and then find out it is different. I reckon the Earth and different peoples have their own timeline jumps too.

Often it is just our own perception of our external world, many times that is influenced by the media and TV, etc and how they and the government want us to think at the time.
I would say you are definitely onto something with this...

IMO, this is what will make all the difference between who's who and who's going where, and when. It all becomes very personal on that level. Not everyone will experience the same things. Some will be left behind.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:22 PM

583 posts, read 594,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I put this here because it goes along with the theory of the "law of attraction" which is a spiritual idea. It is also a scientific theory -- the many worlds theory.

But I was thinking about how before 2000 almost nothing really seemed like it was able to be moved. Things were mundane. Nothing bad was going to happen. Nothing bad or interesting did ever happen. I used to get excited about wars / invasions (Panama) because there is nothing else happening. We weren't walking around constantly going -- can you believe that happened?

But since 2000 it seems like we can't go a year without some bizarre stuff happening where we are all like, can you believe this is happening. I swear this started with the 2000 election.

I am starting to seriously wonder if we (or me) got pushed into an alternate universe on Y2K.

I don't know I just remember my early life being so stable and different and *blam* the last few years... nothing is safe. Everything I am smacking about.

The 9/11/01 attacks changed everything. Movies, music, journalism, society, people etc...

It feels like an entirely different America and world existed before that point in time.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:40 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post

What?! Before 2000 nothing bad happened or was going to happen? 1998 Russia defaulted on its World Bank loans, plunging the global stock markets into a tailspin. And the Clinton impeachment--you don't remember that? And the Gingrich takeover of Congress, slashing the federal budget left and right, to fund tax giveaways to the rich? I guess you don't remember that, but I knew a number of people whose work was upended by Congress suddenly cutting off financing for all the government foreign aid agencies. I also had a front row seat to the Institute of American Indian Art in Santa Fe, a college of the arts of Native students, having its budget completely eliminated, left to fend for itself, after Congress cut it off.

And no, I don't remember "how we all laughed about how nothing happened", because no one I know of was laughing.

You live a remarkably sheltered life, OP. I suppose you should count your blessings instead of complaining about how boring life was for you, before even more upheavals began to happen. Or you might consider doing some volunteer work, to find out how the less fortunate get buffeted about by events that don't even graze your consciousness.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:44 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You live a remarkably sheltered life, OP. I suppose you should count your blessings instead of complaining about how boring life was for you, before even more upheavals began to happen. Or you might consider doing some volunteer work, to find out how the less fortunate get buffeted about by events that don't even graze your consciousness.
I think that's kind of harsh. I don't know how old the OP is, but most people make a transition from non-adult (me-focused) to adult (less me-focused). Maybe the OP transitioned to "adult" status around that time and started realizing the larger world around her/him. Maybe she/he's naïve. Maybe's she/he really did enter the bizarro world and didn't realize it. I think the previous poster is right. 9-11 (not far off from 2000) changed the way a lot of people see the world. Opened their eyes, so to speak.

--

Old 11-06-2020, 04:09 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
I think a lot of this has to do with how old we were/are.

OP, maybe you don't remember the Kennedy assassination. I was just 6 yrs old...but I remember that it devastated a nation. I was just 6...so the impact did not hit me the same as it would hit my parents.

I remember the Vietnam war, and how it disillusioned youth, being drafted into a war that we weren't allowed to actually win. That spawned a LOT of history changing.

I remember being a young adult when Carter was in office, and the gas lines. It didn't really faze me, because I was more about having fun, and cruising around in my car, but my mom tried to shame me about wasting gas.

My parents and grandparents went through the depression. Try telling them nothing bad happened. Although I imagine my grandparents experienced it differently than my parents did, since my parents were kids at the time.

Or how about the Spanish flu? That was a world wide pandemic. My grandpa lost his parents to it as a young boy, and was raised (with his two siblings) by an uncle and aunt.

What I think is happening OP, is that you are more AWARE of the bad in the world, and as you age, all of this seems to come at you faster and faster.

But bad things have always happened in the world, and now we see 24 hour news cycles, and it's in our face all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal