Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 08:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In the US there are about 14,500 'Marcum's. There are about 2,500,000 'Smith's. And, like you point out, we have no idea how much each Marcum won or how much each Smith won in the State of Missouri. Maybe they won $5?

By the way, I have two transformers that can make the Jacobs Ladder. One is a 9,000-volt and one a 12,000 volt. The 12,000-volt will make a spark about 3" long before it breaks. Both transformers were old neon sign transformers. To make the Jacobs Ladder I can use bent coat hangers or 4' long (stiff) suspended ceiling wire sections. I just bend them to come close (about an inch apart) at the bottom and then three or four inches apart at the top. I never time traveled with them, but I did produce plenty of ozone.

Keep in mind that the Jacobs Ladder is not a Van De Graaff Generator (high voltage with very little current). There is plenty of current to paralyze or even kill you if you get grounded playing with the spark. I got grounded with my smaller 9,000-volt transformer and could not move, but a friend knocked me off with a chair (I was very lucky).
I believe there is still quite a lot we do not know about high voltage, Nikola Tesla was breaking ground with his experiments, but high voltage probably has the potential to create some truly 'sci fi' tech, (if we knew how to apply or use it!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 06:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe there is still quite a lot we do not know about high voltage, Nikola Tesla was breaking ground with his experiments, but high voltage probably has the potential to create some truly 'sci fi' tech, (if we knew how to apply or use it!)
Yes, Tesla was brilliant and ahead of his time. Just keep in mind that many countries have brilliant electrical engineers today and they have the power of supercomputers to aid their studies/research.

Did you ever watch the program 'Modern Marvels'? In the 19th and early part of the 20th century, these inventors 'worked' differently than we do today. Most had a little PT Barnum in them to sell their ideas. It wasn't only that, it was a harsh environment without the protections we have today for those inventors. I am not saying that Tesla was not brilliant (he spoke 8 languages and had a photographic memory), but many of his ideas never worked and were geared (with showmanship) at pulling in the investment dollars.

There was a John G. Trump, a professor at M.I.T. that was appointed by the FBI to analyze the Tesla items held after Tesla's death. After reviewing his belongings he stated:

"[Tesla's] thoughts and efforts during at least the past 15 years were primarily of a speculative, philosophical, and somewhat promotional character often concerned with the production and wireless transmission of power; but did not include new, sound, workable principles or methods for realizing such results"

What I am saying is to celebrate Tesla for his accomplishments, but don't celebrate him for what he did not accomplish. There is a very good chance that many of his projects would never work.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yes, Tesla was brilliant and ahead of his time. Just keep in mind that many countries have brilliant electrical engineers today and they have the power of supercomputers to aid their studies/research.

Did you ever watch the program 'Modern Marvels'? In the 19th and early part of the 20th century, these inventors 'worked' differently than we do today. Most had a little PT Barnum in them to sell their ideas. It wasn't only that, it was a harsh environment without the protections we have today for those inventors. I am not saying that Tesla was not brilliant (he spoke 8 languages and had a photographic memory), but many of his ideas never worked and were geared (with showmanship) at pulling in the investment dollars.

There was a John G. Trump, a professor at M.I.T. that was appointed by the FBI to analyze the Tesla items held after Tesla's death. After reviewing his belongings he stated:

"[Tesla's] thoughts and efforts during at least the past 15 years were primarily of a speculative, philosophical, and somewhat promotional character often concerned with the production and wireless transmission of power; but did not include new, sound, workable principles or methods for realizing such results"

What I am saying is to celebrate Tesla for his accomplishments, but don't celebrate him for what he did not accomplish. There is a very good chance that many of his projects would never work.
Yep, they were called 'Waycliffe towers' (wireless transmission of power).

Oddly enough, I read recently this technology will be coming in the near future, (power WIFI basically).

Old 08-06-2021, 09:58 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Tesla saw his 'ideas' in his head and saw how they worked in his head too. He worked them out that way.

For this reason, I dont know any of his divices which did NOT work as he imagined them. That is how he was such a genius and forward-thinker because he could work out how his ideas could be built in his head before he created them. Even simple things, such as the device which nearly brought down his building using resonance, were successes in that they 'worked'.

I feel that we have not been told of many of his ideas because they are ground-breaking in nature and were used by the government after his death. As others have already said, if you cannot send the electricity through a meter, then how are you going to make a profit from it?

Old 08-07-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Tesla saw his 'ideas' in his head and saw how they worked in his head too. He worked them out that way.

For this reason, I dont know any of his divices which did NOT work as he imagined them. That is how he was such a genius and forward-thinker because he could work out how his ideas could be built in his head before he created them. Even simple things, such as the device which nearly brought down his building using resonance, were successes in that they 'worked'.

I feel that we have not been told of many of his ideas because they are ground-breaking in nature and were used by the government after his death. As others have already said, if you cannot send the electricity through a meter, then how are you going to make a profit from it?
Yep, Its why some of his research papers and inventions are still classified...they are a little too good for the people/ not good for the utility companies and powers that be!

It is interesting he was the ONLY one to come up with these inventions though...and no one since then has come close...what made him so special? was he just smarter? Seems strange he was the only one.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:59 PM

6 posts, read 10,661 times
Since the original youtube videos posted on this thread are gone, here's the first interview from 1995 and the follow up in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTmkx_gXF88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7pWGYcRvj4

Old 10-08-2021, 05:43 AM

536 posts, read 610,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
He was using a modified CD laser
Stop right there, please.

What is a "modified cd laser" and how is it modified?

This is far too vague, starting with that. Tons more is very very vague.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
Stop right there, please.

What is a "modified cd laser" and how is it modified?

This is far too vague, starting with that. Tons more is very very vague.
They remove it from the CD player and use it as a laser...but from what Ive read, these lasers are not that powerful, but for someone with the technical skills, I suppose they could boost their power by using other diodes or large capacitors.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,590 times
Default Ning Li

You'll want to check out Ning Li on Youtube. She added to the Russians superconductor work and gave a great lecture back in 1999 on Gravity Modification Ning Li. Soon after she received a large grant and was put to work doing whatever until this year she is not deceased at 74.
She theorized DC gravity (Earths Gravity) a constant can be controlled with AC Gravity from 12 " superconductor set up producing cooper pair in the lattice ions spinning in the magnetic votex with a 10,000,000 ghz RF frequency on it will levitate.
Seems pretty straight forward to me but the scientists she explained to to seemed to interrupt her constantly trying to comprehend it lol I see this guys name spelled markum on art bells youtube site if thats anything real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
In 1995 Mike Marcu.m set out to build a Jacobs Ladder at his home in Stanberry, MO. He was using a modified CD laser to lower the resistance of the air in between the two poles. This would create a continuous arc, in his other experiments the arc, before using the CD, would stick.

He noticed a strange effect when he turned it on. There was a heat signature, like the kind you would see off of a hot pavement, except this one was circular like a vortex. He decided to toss a sheet metal screw through the vortex to see what would happen.

He claims it disappeared for about half a second. Just enough to notice it was gone.

After a few more tests the CD laser caught on fire. He figured if he was going to rebuild the machine again, he might as well use larger transformers. His original plan was to purchase the transformers, but they are quiet expensive. He resorted to the alternative. At the local power station there were 6 old transformers calling his name. And he answered. His intention was to appropriate 3 transformers but he got carried away and took all 6.

Mike sets up the transformers to the outlets in his house. The cable wasn't strong enough to handle the high current and he knew it would draw suspicion if he were to call the power company to reinforce it. He was prepared to attempt to climb the pole on his own. Did he?
When Mike hooked up the new and improved Jacobs Ladder/Time Machine he drew more power then he expected and browned out half the town. There were reports of home appliances being destroyed because of it. Mike resorted to working at night when he would be less noticed.

The local police department had a search warrant and entered Mikes house through unlocked doors where they found Mike asleep. Among the things they found were: an electric cigarette lighter made out of a microwave oven, an electric piggy bank, and 6 stolen transformers worth approximately $13,000. Assuming he would face a large amount of jail time, Mike decides to claim he was building a time machine hoping he would wind up in the "loony bin." He received 60 days in jail. The account was described in the Kansas City Star and this news story is what led to Mike's interview on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. Great interview.

You can listen to the entire interview here if you like.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj2uiLNiAbo[/url]

The result of being on with Art, Mike received donations from the listeners because he actually gave out his home address on air. With intentions of using the donations for a much larger legitimate project this time.

After his interview with Art Bell he was never seen or heard from again. He vanished for an entire two years. He fulfilled his goal of a large scale replica of what he had built before. After testing with Guinea pigs he got on a cherry picker and jumped through the portal. Only to turn up 800 miles away in a field in Ohio barely remembering his own name two years into the future.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUpLICqN2c[/url]

Old 11-25-2021, 01:45 PM

I think what we are seeing here is the first steps of creating 'teleportation'...if the guy jumped thru the portal and ended up over 800 miles away, there is probably a way to control or pinpoint where you want to go.

It will probably start out with sending non biological items and then maybe eventually living things. A technology like this would destroy the freight and transportation industries though, we would no longer need cargo ships, trains, etc to move material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal