Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 03:30 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

Many people have a fear of death. What they will experience, or how they will manage in a new reality of 'Heaven' or 'Hell'.

We have discussed many of these ideas on here before. This thread is Franks description of what we might experience and how things look when going OOB. It might also help to explain what ghosts are and what we experience when we encounter strange beings and disturbing dreams at night.

This guy Frank is a regular astral traveller or to put it another way, does Out of Body regularly. He does not want your money, does not have a book to sell (as far as I am aware) or anything at all other than to tell it as he experiences it.

My attitude is, if I read this stuff and I eventually encounter what is described, then I might just have some way to move myself on to a better place - if I need to. If I dont encounter anything like this, then all I have done is waste some time reading the article.

Source - Astral Pulse Forum thread

After all, many of the holy books do not give us a break-down of what we will find when we get there, so why not search for descriptions of what others say they have experienced. In my mind it is more helpful than the holy books which I cannot verify are correct either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 09:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
There is an old saying that no one has ever returned from death, to tell the living what its like...maybe that is not really accurate now?

Death is something I fear GREATLY!, but part of me is anxious/excited...it could be very enjoyable, I guess its 50/50.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was some type of 'judgement' after our lives though, it makes sense, Im not an 'evil or bad person' but I have done things in my past Im not proud of, I can honestly say I do regret them, so I think I have learned my lesson so to speak, but whether or not I still need to be punished for them...who knows.

I really think my view on death is severely clouded, I was raised as a catholic, so no matter how hard I try, those christian beliefs will remain with me and influence my opinion to some degree.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:00 PM

I dont think any of us realise just how much our life is ruled and regimented by our education, culture, and upbringing. Before I lived in a foreign land, I had no idea just how different one culture is to another. After 16 years I continue to find things which cause misunderstandings or are very different from the way I would have done them every day in my "past life" before I arrived here.

Imagine what it would be like to be raised on a different planet too !

There will undoubtedly be a huge period of adjustment after we release our physical body. Not only because it is said we continue to think the same way and to perform the same habits we have done on Earth, so anyone into drugs or gambling, etc will continue to find a "Heaven" that will accommodate their desires and will not move on to other things until they begin to question the relevance of those actions. They could be 'stuck' there in a loop doing the same thing for thousands of years before they finally get a glimmer of a different view of possible existence. The same with a religious view of "Heaven" too, just waiting for Jesus to turn up and save them or take them away could take thousands of years.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:14 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Many people have a fear of death. What they will experience, or how they will manage in a new reality of 'Heaven' or 'Hell'.

We have discussed many of these ideas on here before. This thread is Franks description of what we might experience and how things look when going OOB. It might also help to explain what ghosts are and what we experience when we encounter strange beings and disturbing dreams at night.

This guy Frank is a regular astral traveller or to put it another way, does Out of Body regularly. He does not want your money, does not have a book to sell (as far as I am aware) or anything at all other than to tell it as he experiences it.
If I could be convinced that astral travel is a thing--that is, if it's actually possible to travel outside of your body then that would seem to end the question about consciousness after death, wouldn't it? If you travel outside your body, then that would mean consciousness can be separated from the brain, and that brain death wouldn't necessarily mean the death of consciousness. But I'm not convinced that astral travel is a thing. Not yet. But I'm certainly open to the possibility.

Quote:
My attitude is, if I read this stuff and I eventually encounter what is described, then I might just have some way to move myself on to a better place - if I need to. If I dont encounter anything like this, then all I have done is waste some time reading the article.
Um, OCPaul, please don't move yourself anywhere. The planet and and certainly the unexplained/paranormal forum is a much more interesting place with you in it.

--

Old 02-01-2021, 01:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
I dont think any of us realise just how much our life is ruled and regimented by our education, culture, and upbringing. Before I lived in a foreign land, I had no idea just how different one culture is to another. After 16 years I continue to find things which cause misunderstandings or are very different from the way I would have done them every day in my "past life" before I arrived here.

Imagine what it would be like to be raised on a different planet too !

There will undoubtedly be a huge period of adjustment after we release our physical body. Not only because it is said we continue to think the same way and to perform the same habits we have done on Earth, so anyone into drugs or gambling, etc will continue to find a "Heaven" that will accommodate their desires and will not move on to other things until they begin to question the relevance of those actions. They could be 'stuck' there in a loop doing the same thing for thousands of years before they finally get a glimmer of a different view of possible existence. The same with a religious view of "Heaven" too, just waiting for Jesus to turn up and save them or take them away could take thousands of years.
Oh yes, I agree, I know for a fact since my parents were catholic and forced me to go to catholic school at a young age...this has a HUGE impact on my opinions/beliefs, (even though I try to resist it)

Old 02-01-2021, 08:09 PM

Well, there ARE many, many people who report leaving their body and viewing things from a different perspective. Near Death Experiences, severe shocks, as well as the out of body stuff.

Unfortunately, Remote Viewers also report 'seeing' things from a different perspective and also report sometimes having dual perspectives which is even weirder. Obviously RV people are still fully conscious in their body so it cannot be an either-or situation. This means that "you" (whatever you believe "you" are) can have more than one awareness or focus of attention which can be shifted to be in different places.

I read about this experiment so maybe if you get a moment, try it.
When we think about touching our body - say the back of our hand - the first thing we do is to shift our focus of attention to the place where we want to touch. This happens so fast that normally we do not realise we are doing it, but we do. So, when we touch the point and then feel the finger touching the point, we are kind-of expecting to feel those sensations already before those sensations occur. When we lift the finger off our hand, the focus of awareness has already shifted to the finger we want to lift off. So we are shifting our focus back and forth to hand (finger going to touch hand) to finger(finger going to lift off hand)

This was a real revellation to me how we shift our focus when we want to do something.

The point is to all this, maybe we are a multidimensional being just shifting our awareness around within the different dimensions. I suspect there are gross/coarse focuses and a fine focus as we use our senses. Normally our gross focus is in our physical body, but at night time maybe it shifts to a dream body or maybe astral body and maybe there are other bodies which are part of us too which can receive our gross focus?

If time is not real and all these multidimensions are going on at once, then it provides a possibility how we can experience other lifetimes in regression hypnosis. Just a change of gross focus to that lifetime. But..if you are also aware of your body here, then that means the gross focus can be split... and so it is another rabbit hole to go down. Maybe "you" (spirit?) are experiencing multiple lifetimes at the same time with a awareness focused in each?

I have obviously got too much time to wonder about these things.

Old 02-02-2021, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Well, there ARE many, many people who report leaving their body and viewing things from a different perspective. Near Death Experiences, severe shocks, as well as the out of body stuff.
The question is, why can't we measure this? You'd think it would really be easy. "Okay, Mr. Smith, you say you can travel outside your body. Please do so and tell us what our assistant is doing in the next room." And of course, they can't do it. At least, not that I've ever heard of. Which makes me very dubious. At this point, it just sounds like these people are dreaming. Or imagining. Or hoping. Or lying. Yes, I think some of these people actually believe they can travel outside of their body. But because they say it or think it doesn't make it so.

--

Old 02-02-2021, 12:05 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
The question is, why can't we measure this? You'd think it would really be easy. "Okay, Mr. Smith, you say you can travel outside your body. Please do so and tell us what our assistant is doing in the next room." And of course, they can't do it. At least, not that I've ever heard of. Which makes me very dubious. At this point, it just sounds like these people are dreaming. Or imagining. Or hoping. Or lying. Yes, I think some of these people actually believe they can travel outside of their body. But because they say it or think it doesn't make it so.

--
There have been verified reports of patients being able to identify doctors and medical staff who were operating on them and the specific instruments they were using even though the patient was completely unconscious during the entire surgery and hadn’t met those people beforehand. These are all linked to near death experiences however. As far as I know it doesn’t just happen at will.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There have been verified reports of patients being able to identify doctors and medical staff who were operating on them and the specific instruments they were using even though the patient was completely unconscious during the entire surgery and hadn’t met those people beforehand. These are all linked to near death experiences however. As far as I know it doesn’t just happen at will.
You know, I've heard some of these stories, and they are intriguing, but I think there are probably a lot of other, different possible explanations for that. My question for the guy who says he can leave his body at will: Why can't you tell me what card my assistant is holding in the next room? And up to this point, under controlled circumstances, they can't do that. Which tells me a lot.

--

Old 02-03-2021, 03:42 AM

All it tells you is that our science does not understand how the Universe is constructed. As I understand it, it is difficult to consciously focus on a particular reality and as soon as you change your focus you see other things in other realities. Like looking out of a series of windows along a wall - if you cannot tell which window you are going to look out of, then you cannot see the view which the scientist wants you to see.

The Astralpulse forum is populated by many people who say they can do OBEs. Not sure how many can do it on demand there, you would have to ask.

Bill, the folks who say they would love to believe if only they had proof, often for them, no proof is enough. Of course, not everyone is interested in this kind of stuff and the ones who are, are probably the ones who try to do it for themselves. It is pretty useless for me or any of us to try and convince anyone else, but there are plenty of "how-to"s out there if you want to try. There are loads of Frequently Asked Questions and techniques on AstralPulse forum.

Robert Monroe (deceased) was the subject of scientific experiments and also he collected data in his lab at the Institute but as far as I am aware it is not the kind of data science needs to provide proof or the kind you are asking for. He was searching for a way to create altered states of consciousness through different sound effects.

Monroe was a sound engineer I believe and a total non-believer in anything woo when he had his first event as documented in his first book. He had to go and investigate the 'new age' scene to understand what was happening to him because no-one else knew anything about astral travel(OBEs) at the time.

Maybe you read his book and see what you think of his experiences?

Robert A Monroe "Journeys Out of the Body" (his first of three books)

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal