Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 03:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,214 times

Advertisements

its not save to play with Ouija boards i Remember i was a app in my phone
its real like real Ouija boards ??
i play with that and i Remember i cant move like somting Choked me .
i dont play with this anymore its was Before 3 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 03:53 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
This is what some other people say - that they have experienced bad things happen to them. They say it attracts the wrong kind of entities.

I dont think we understand enough about the world to know how we should be behaving - what we should be doing and what is more dangerous. What we need is for some science and investigation into all this paranormal stuff.

Old 05-06-2021, 08:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
The group of friends I ran around with played with a Ouija board for a short time (would have been 1992 or 93), we didnt have a real board, so we made one from cardboard and a magic marker, used a broken piece of glass.

A few of us tried to use it, but we eventually found these 2 girls got the best results...I was very surprised at how well it worked and how the 'strength' varied, there were times, it was super fast and strong, other times, it was slower moving and slower to answer, sometimes, it would stop altogether and then start up again.

We were all skeptical of the board, until we found out it answered questions accurately, (and these were questions that the 2 girls could not have possibly known the answers to).

I still remember that day when all of us were there, and the 2 girls were using it, and the rest of us stood around asking it questions...it answered every single question right! We all knew at this point it was REAL, I could see the fear in some of the girls faces at that moment, the guys tried to laugh it off, (because lets be honest, at 17-18yrs old, you pretty much feel indestructible).

My life was pretty rocky for awhile after that time period, I went thru a period of abusing alcohol, and drugs, sleeping around, partying nearly every night...Im not suggesting the board had any impact on how my life went, (all those things were my decisions and mine alone), and oddly enough, the 2 girls that used the board, their lives went pretty good and both are doing great today still.

However, if we did unknowingly invite something into ourselves during those days, it probably would not be easy to spot it, or recognize its actions. I do wonder if 'something' has been with me since those days, but no way for me to be certain either way.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:36 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
And theyre sold in the toy isle for children
Not cool

Old 05-06-2021, 09:48 AM

72 posts, read 46,171 times
I own a Ouija board. It sits in my closet and most of the time I forget it even exits. We've tried to play with it a couple times but nothing ever happens. It's a game, folks. Total ripoff.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxis View Post
I own a Ouija board. It sits in my closet and most of the time I forget it even exits. We've tried to play with it a couple times but nothing ever happens. It's a game, folks. Total ripoff.
Not everyone will get results, we tried different combinations of people and eventually found that 2 girls it worked best with, however it still varied with them, sometimes it worked well, other times, not so great, and sometimes not at all, it really depends on 'whatever' you are talking to...if they feel like talking or not...

I forgot to mention this, but with my experience, whatever we were talking to, its mood changed drastically on a whim, sometimes the littlest thing would set it off and it would refuse to talk.

Having the board itself isnt dangerous, you dont even need to use a real one, you can make one on paper, and as long 2 of the right people are using it, results will be the same.

These things are not cell phones or toys, there is no guarantee you will get a 'connection'...I really wish we had never done it and found something else to do.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:01 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The group of friends I ran around with played with a Ouija board for a short time (would have been 1992 or 93), we didnt have a real board, so we made one from cardboard and a magic marker, used a broken piece of glass.

A few of us tried to use it, but we eventually found these 2 girls got the best results...I was very surprised at how well it worked and how the 'strength' varied, there were times, it was super fast and strong, other times, it was slower moving and slower to answer, sometimes, it would stop altogether and then start up again.

We were all skeptical of the board, until we found out it answered questions accurately, (and these were questions that the 2 girls could not have possibly known the answers to).

I still remember that day when all of us were there, and the 2 girls were using it, and the rest of us stood around asking it questions...it answered every single question right! We all knew at this point it was REAL, I could see the fear in some of the girls faces at that moment, the guys tried to laugh it off, (because lets be honest, at 17-18yrs old, you pretty much feel indestructible).

My life was pretty rocky for awhile after that time period, I went thru a period of abusing alcohol, and drugs, sleeping around, partying nearly every night...Im not suggesting the board had any impact on how my life went, (all those things were my decisions and mine alone), and oddly enough, the 2 girls that used the board, their lives went pretty good and both are doing great today still.

However, if we did unknowingly invite something into ourselves during those days, it probably would not be easy to spot it, or recognize its actions. I do wonder if 'something' has been with me since those days, but no way for me to be certain either way.
Maybe I shouldn't, but I'M going to bust your post wide open.
To begin with one thing you did that proves what I have been saying for years is, you created your own board from cardboard.
I have been saying this longer than I can remember, that the board is not the problem.

Now, you stated the girls asked it questions that no one would know the answer too, and the spirit answered correctly.
Now, let me tell you how that happened, but before I get into that, I need to say more about the ouija board itself.

First off, as you have proven it isn't the board, but the act itself.
When people sit down to this "toy" made by matel, they are opening the gate to the spirit world.
More often than not, when this happens, young spirits usually come through.
More often than not, because of immaturity, they can be destructive, and cause harm.

It isn't the board that brings the spirits, it is the people that summon them.
Now, as for knowing the answer to questions "that no one else knew", there is a reason for that.
All spirits have a elevated sense of telepathy.
They know the answer being asked, because when anyone asks a question, they already know the answer, and as they are asking the question, they are also thinking subconsciously of the answer.
The spirits hone in on that subconscious though, and know the answer to any question asked.
The board is nothing but a toy.
It is the people calling on the spirits to respond.
Harmful things have, and continue to happen, but one could get the same results without the board.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:11 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not everyone will get results, we tried different combinations of people and eventually found that 2 girls it worked best with, however it still varied with them, sometimes it worked well, other times, not so great, and sometimes not at all, it really depends on 'whatever' you are talking to...if they feel like talking or not...

I forgot to mention this, but with my experience, whatever we were talking to, its mood changed drastically on a whim, sometimes the littlest thing would set it off and it would refuse to talk.

Having the board itself isnt dangerous, you dont even need to use a real one, you can make one on paper, and as long 2 of the right people are using it, results will be the same.

These things are not cell phones or toys, there is no guarantee you will get a 'connection'...I really wish we had never done it and found something else to do.
Well said. They aren't cell phones. They also do not work with everyone. And unlike a cell phone, you do not always get who you asked to speak to.

I personally will not use one after some bad experiences I had as a teenager and young adult.

If someone wants to speak to a person who has passed on, speak to a medium. This is best handled by professionals.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:17 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
To begin with one thing you did that proves what I have been saying for years is, you created your own board from cardboard.
I have been saying this longer than I can remember, that the board is not the problem.

Now, you stated the girls asked it questions that no one would know the answer too, and the spirit answered correctly.
Now, let me tell you how that happened, but before I get into that, I need to say more about the ouija board itself.

When people sit down to this "toy" made by matel, they are opening the gate to the spirit world.
More often than not, because of immaturity, they can be destructive, and cause harm.

Now, as for knowing the answer to questions "that no one else knew", there is a reason for that.
They know the answer being asked, because when anyone asks a question, they already know the answer, and as they are asking the question, they are also thinking subconsciously of the answer.
The spirits hone in on that subconscious though, and know the answer to any question asked.
Harmful things have, and continue to happen, but one could get the same results without the board.
True. The board unused has no power. Home made boards work just as well. They do provide discarnate spirits with an open door with which they can contact you. These spirits may masquerade as dead loved ones. In my own experience and from what I have read, they are not of the highest order.

When you use a spirit board you have opened a door. One that is not easily closed.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Hasbro, not Mattel. The Ouija board was made originally by Parker Brothers. They were purchased by Hasbro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal