Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 07:07 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,524 times

Advertisements

I normally don't pay much attention to these types of stories. But, since this one is being picked up by national media I gave it a second glance when I saw the headline. It is chilling and interesting.

https://www.silive.com/news/2021/07/...port-says.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 07:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
I normally don't pay much attention to these types of stories. But, since this one is being picked up by national media I gave it a second glance when I saw the headline. It is chilling and interesting.

I don't disable my ad blocker nor does any legitimate site require it.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:08 PM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
(I guess my adblocker is slacking, I was able to read the article w/out issue.)

Spooky! I hope they find the missing woman soon.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post

This is a good story, and sounds as though it could be true. Hope they find the lady, she’s not resting in peace.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:53 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
So, did they go over there and investigate as the son asked them to? When they went back with the police officer, the son did not see any more of the women he saw before?

I reckon she is out there in that field and the son saw her asking for help. This definitely needs more investigation by the police there.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:53 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
The field could be where she died, but her remains could be anywhere.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
This really begs the question of what happens to us after death!

Is it possible, its different for everyone, depending on how you died?

Old 08-19-2021, 01:30 AM

It could be an imprinted memory on the meadow. A traumatic experience that left a trace of itself there. Children are like sponges, constantly absorbing information. They are closer to the Earth than adults are, and more receptive to information that an adult might reject.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
It could be an imprinted memory on the meadow. A traumatic experience that left a trace of itself there. Children are like sponges, constantly absorbing information. They are closer to the Earth than adults are, and more receptive to information that an adult might reject.
Ive heard that theory before, but to be honest I do not understand it...if 'traces' are left behind at such scenes, places like ground zero in NYC would be very haunted, but Ive never seen anyone claiming to experience this?

Old 08-21-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive heard that theory before, but to be honest I do not understand it...if 'traces' are left behind at such scenes, places like ground zero in NYC would be very haunted, but Ive never seen anyone claiming to experience this?
I understand, but you have to look at the differences in location. Manhattan is a loud and distracting place. You can sit in a meadow and hear all kinds of birds and insects pretty much 24 hours a day.

Manhattan is too active and loud for that to happen. Im sure there are people that see things, and dont really realize they are seeing them in NYC. Millions of people. Millions of thoughts. Millions of memories. Electricity - megawatts of energy everywhere. Vibration - not only from surface vehicles but also from numerous levels of trains running underground 24/7.

"I want to wake up in the city that doesnt sleep...", as the song goes.

I always thought that Manhattan was the perfect setting for the Ghostbusters Movies. Where else would a massive portal of paranormal energy be possible, if not there? Millions of deaths. Probably the most of anywhere in the 'New World' to date.

The 1918 flu pandemic virus kills an estimated 195,000 Americans during October alone. After all 3 waves were over, 33,000 people in Manhattan died from this one event. If NYC isnt crawling with ghosts and imprinted memories, I dont believe there is anywhere that would be.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 08-21-2021 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal