Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 12:51 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive read that quite a few times actually, but Ive never seen anything personally happen due to my interest, so there may not be anything to it, or they are not interested in me.

I did have something screwing around awhile back, but its been a long time since Ive had anything come up missing, the vacuum was the last thing, it may have also opened my door a few times, but I cannot rule out natural causes, (although my door has not opened on its own since the last time), so??

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Oddly enough, when I'm watching alot of spooky stuff like this, I do start hearing things, lol

It's like your senses are heightened, in anticipation of something. So your brain is constantly scanning for anything, and it picks up on everything.

Just out of curiosity, are either of you religious, believe in God & pray regularly? I am & do.

I can see the logic in the heightened senses. Mine just might be too after watching that kind of stuff, but then, I'm pretty observant & listening clearly in general. I just hope I never hear/see anything odd!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 06:39 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
rstevens62 what did you ever find making the noises?

Old 10-19-2021, 08:10 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Just out of curiosity, are either of you religious, believe in God & pray regularly? I am & do.

I can see the logic in the heightened senses. Mine just might be too after watching that kind of stuff, but then, I'm pretty observant & listening clearly in general. I just hope I never hear/see anything odd!
I do believe in God and pray every day.

I'm a bit sensitive and attuned to certain things at times... but my imagination can easily get away from me, lol.

Like the time I was up late one night, alone, watching the movie "When A Stranger Calls" ((Have you checked the children??? )) And afterwards, I heard a faint rusting in the crisp autumn leaves outside my bedroom window, and my heart began racing as I tore through the house turning on the lights... I heard it again the next night, and sometimes I even still hear it now. Turns out an opossum lives in my yard

Just silliness, lol. . Since you brought it up - that's what faith did for me: Took all this stupid worry (my own, not the OP or anyone else's) over nothing out of my focus.

As per the OP, I might rather want ghosts in my attic than rats or squirrels. At least ghosts are somewhat manageable, and they don't leave droppings. At least, I hope not...

Old 10-19-2021, 08:33 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelling_at_Birds View Post

Like how some spooky ghost reading material like to claim "hair standing on your neck means there's a spirit nearby".
^Lol, yup

Old 10-19-2021, 02:44 PM

880 posts, read 565,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, I dont think it is because we think about ghosties that they are attracted, because I have been thinking about them for many years and they dont seem to want to play with me... I think it is something in our makeup which means we are attuned to that energy spectrum or not. You know how the 7th son of the 7th son is supposed to be psychic, well it may be hereditory perhaps? Gypsies are supposed to be more psychic than 'ordinary' people and some say these skills develop after some kind of abduction event too.

I've had a few instances that I've encountered, but it's been really rare.

Once was when I was about 9 years old. I was living in Woodley Park, Washington D.C. I was living in a very, very old building and had a really big bedroom. The building was built in the late 1800s. It was an historic hotel that my dad managed... so we lived in it (now it's been converted to luxury apartments).

Every year around the same time (in the fall, like... before Thanksgiving)... a man with a top-hat would pace back and forth between this large bank of windows overlooking the city. I would notice it and not pay too much attention, but one year I looked at the guy... who mostly only existed above the waist. He would pace back and forth and then as I was looking at him, terrified, he stopped... slowly turned his head and looked at me. I about died... I pulled the covers over me and sat there. Maybe... 20-30 seconds later, my entire bed (which was a large queen hotel bed) shook like crazy to the point where the entire box spring and mattress became askew. I basically passed out from the pure shock of it. When I woke up the next morning the bed was all crazy and jacked up. It was a very huge bed for me as an 8 or 9 year old, and my brother knew nothing about it, and my parents thought I'd been screwing around.

Last time I saw something was as an adult... just a few years ago.

My wife's aunt died in the hospital... but we didn't know it yet at the time (we knew she was there though and had visited her earlier in the day). I woke up in the middle of the night because I had heard something. It was the sound of the bedroom door opening (which has blinds hanging from it because we built a room where our patio was). The door opening made a distinct sound, and I saw the blinds still swinging as I woke up. I sat up, and heard, "Hello there!" ... but no idea where it came from. Every hair you could imagine stood up on my neck, and my entire body felt electrified... but I wasn't scared, just a little anxious. I then looked over at my wife, who was still asleep... and she suddenly gasped for air like I've never heard before and immediately got up. A second later, she got a text from her cousin saying that her aunt had died. Craziest thing I'd ever seen.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
rstevens62 what did you ever find making the noises?
I have not heard it since. I have no idea. It could have been a mouse, (since we did have some rainy weather), but now its dry and sunny, so maybe it went back outside?

Im not sure what the laughing could have been though.

The only reason I suspected anything 'paranormal', was because of past incidents, but I have not seen any of that in a long time now, the last thing was my vacuum vanishing.

Old 10-19-2021, 09:30 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Mind you...a vacuum is a large item which would take quite a bit of effort to make disappear. so, whatever it was (as long as you were not imagining it!) must have had some serious energy.

Old 10-19-2021, 11:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Mind you...a vacuum is a large item which would take quite a bit of effort to make disappear. so, whatever it was (as long as you were not imagining it!) must have had some serious energy.
Yes I think about it sometimes, (where these things are now), it took my old cell phone that I was using as an alarm clock and the vacuum. Ive not noticed anything else missing. Ive not had my bedroom door come open either, all is quiet around here lately

Old 10-20-2021, 04:36 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes I think about it sometimes, (where these things are now), it took my old cell phone that I was using as an alarm clock and the vacuum. Ive not noticed anything else missing. Ive not had my bedroom door come open either, all is quiet around here lately

I believe that sometimes, not always, that things disappear after a "spirit" comes into a person's body, while sleeping. Like sleepwalking, but with a spirit inside. "It" takes things, moves them, uses them, puts them somewhere else. When you wake up, you are none the wiser. Then you notice they are missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal