Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 07:39 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I should just carry on denying it, and ignoring it, and it will probably go away. On the other hand, maybe this (other) person needs to be acknowledged and possibly told they are dead and now they can move on to other better things than rattling your pots and pans. However, I am sure they are probably just cooking their meal and living in that space like they have always done.

It certainly sounds as if you have someone there living with you who is not part of your family, so yes, I think so too.
You know...I DID go upstairs once, and go in our spare bedroom, and talk to...an empty room? lol I said that I was aware of its presence, and I was OK with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 07:58 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,334,564 times
https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/graci...s-haunted.html

I am a skeptic. However, I have been in a handful of homes in my lifetime that seemed to have some sort of energy (for lack of a better word) in them. Each venue felt terribly uncomfortable. I know there must be some rational explanations for each one, but it was still unnerving nevertheless.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:44 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
https://www.curbed.com/2022/10/graci...s-haunted.html

I am a skeptic. However, I have been in a handful of homes in my lifetime that seemed to have some sort of energy (for lack of a better word) in them. Each venue felt terribly uncomfortable. I know there must be some rational explanations for each one, but it was still unnerving nevertheless.
On Ghost Hunters, they've said that in some homes, there's something wrong with the electricity (I forget what it was exactly) that can make people very uncomfortable. Kind of the same idea of people who live close to power lines, and feeling weird and off, and not well.

For what it's worth, whatever is going on in my house...I don't get any weird vibes. It doesn't make me afraid. I kind of feel like we're just sharing space, and 'it' might not even be aware of us.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:03 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,334,564 times
^^^ I am not comfortable with "sharing space" unfortunately. I lived in one house for a few months once where something was "wrong." I felt reasonably okay, but not good, in the living room and the dining area by the kitchen. The master bedroom was not too awful but not good either. The master bath was not good. Perhaps the worst area was other side of the house from the master where there were three bedrooms. I could not stay for long in any one of them. One in particular was so oppressive that the longest time I could force myself to stay in that room was 30 minutes. I had a lot of boxes of books stored in there, and I would go in there periodically to look for specific titles. Naturally, I could never find the one(s) I wanted right away, and if I did not locate it after 30 minutes, I could not keep looking. I had to leave that room. I cannot explain it. Nothing looked amiss in the room. I never saw or heard anything in there. It was just an intensely oppressive feeling that seem to hang in the room like an invisible fog or something.

Whilst I was living there, a friend came to visit for 2-3 weeks. She had a bad respiratory infection upon arrival, but once she was recovered, she was ready to move on with her plans. I wanted her to stay, but she said she had to get on. I myself moved a couple of months later, and then a few months after that, she came to visit me in the new place. One day we were talking, and I told her the feelings I had in that other property. I never told her whilst she was there because I did not want to upset her. She has always claimed to be able to sense "bad vibes" and believed in spirits. To my amazement, she told me she felt it, too, and she specified which areas in the house felt the most oppressive to her. I asked why did not you tell me then?? She replied because she did not want to upset me. So much for mutual consideration.

I also had a very bad feeling in the garage. It felt as bad or worse in the garage as it did in that one bedroom. I experienced this sort of thing in one or two other houses that I toured whilst looking to buy a house. In both of those other cases, the feeling was very much the same. In one of those other houses, I think it was even worse in fact. I remember going inside with the realtor, and immediately I felt this was not the one and said let us leave. She said, well as long as we are here, do not you want to see the whole place? Come on... I reluctantly followed her as she wandered off. We walked down the hallway to the furtherest back bedroom, and with each step I took, the feeling grew worse and worse. I glanced around very quickly and said, let us go now. I want out of here. The feeling was overwhelming as we made our way back to the front door. As soon as I stepped outside, I felt some slight relief, but I could still feel these very DARK vibes for want of a better word. I walked down the long walkway to the curb. It was not until I stepped off of the curb into the street that the feeling finally broke. I decided then that in future, I would immediately leave any place where I picked up on those vibes. I shudder to think how awful it would have been to have to remain inside that property even for one day much less for weeks and months. I think if I had been confined to that property, I would have tried to commit suicide to escape. No joke.

Last edited by PhinneyWalker; 10-14-2022 at 11:25 AM..

Old 10-14-2022, 01:51 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I am still amazed that TV has yet to come up with haunted variations on all their home improvement shows.

FLIP THIS HAUNTED HOUSE
LIST IT OR EXORCISE IT?
RE-POSSESSED
HOUSEGHOSTBUSTING

They could have their typical crew of people wandering through dark houses with video equipment and screaming into the dark --- only add a realtor to the mix.

I admit: I'd watch an episode.
The realtor would scare me more than the ghost........

Old 10-14-2022, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 3,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
On Ghost Hunters, they've said that in some homes, there's something wrong with the electricity (I forget what it was exactly) that can make people very uncomfortable. Kind of the same idea of people who live close to power lines, and feeling weird and off, and not well.
Maybe you mean the electromagnetic field? I hear exposure to high level of electromagnetic field can affect human body in various ways; such as having the feeling of being watched or the sensation of being fearful. Long term exposure can also causing hallucination to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
You know...I DID go upstairs once, and go in our spare bedroom, and talk to...an empty room? lol I said that I was aware of its presence, and I was OK with it.
It's okay ma'am, I believe you didn't really talk to 'an empty room' at the time.

Although I don't have anything to show anyone as a proof to this, my personal experiences with paranormal shown me that it's not impossible that we're actually sharing space (coexist) with 'them' all the time, everywhere we are-even in a relatively quite and peaceful homestead with no violence history or something similar.

Thus, small interactions such as shifting objects, strange sounds without clear source, etc, are something to be expected to happen from time to time wherever you are, and it doesn't always mean your place is 'haunted' or something

Old 10-14-2022, 09:36 PM

58 posts, read 32,031 times
I stay in a state of grace and keep a Super Soaker loaded with holy water at the ready. Ghosts don't mess with me.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:36 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,152,851 times
Our house is not haunted.

Thank Goodness.

Trivia- in some parts of the United States, your realtor has to tell you whether your house is haunted or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal