Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 06:27 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Find out what signs could mean your home has supernatural occurrences, and whether you’re a skeptic or believer, the inevitable impact that could have on your ability to sell the property.

Unexplained bumps in the night, cold spots in the house and even a ghostly apparition are all telltale signs of a haunting you may see in a horror movie. Or they could be from a friend recounting an experience in their childhood home.

They could even be what you’re experiencing in your own home now.

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-e...-house-haunted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 07:57 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
If you think that your house is haunted, the very best thing that you can do for yourself is call a skeptic. Anti-ghost hunters do exist, and can often tip you off to rational, and sometimes very dangerous, explanations for your ghost, such as carbon monoxide leaks, or more innoucuous things like raccoons in the attic, or light reflections from nearby streets.

If your debunker can't help you, then hey, believe whatever you like. Get the sage and start doing the exorcisms. But give a skeptic a chance first, and it can safe you a lot of grief, or even your life.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:25 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
We have actually considered that when buying homes. This one we bought from the original owners, we bought it when new in 1978. The land was forest, no old burial grounds, since they had to clearcut and even left a couple of 200 year old trees here. We have never had any kind of experience that was unusual or unexplained here. I can't say that for the place my parents lived in, where I saw shadow figures a few times, always the same exact spot, like in a residual haunting. They bought it from an estate after the owner died there.

Old 10-12-2022, 04:50 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
I am still amazed that TV has yet to come up with haunted variations on all their home improvement shows.

FLIP THIS HAUNTED HOUSE
LIST IT OR EXORCISE IT?
RE-POSSESSED
HOUSEGHOSTBUSTING

They could have their typical crew of people wandering through dark houses with video equipment and screaming into the dark --- only add a realtor to the mix.

I admit: I'd watch an episode.

Old 10-12-2022, 05:16 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
One time I was at home lying in my bed about to get up, when suddenly I heard someone come into the front door, go to the bedroom next to mine, and then come and stand outside my closed bedroom door. It felt like a man, a young man. And he seemed to think he lived there? This is the feeling I had from "him", and I've never felt or heard this before. There was 2 other people in the house at the time, and I could clearly hear one in the kitchen and the other in the dining room which looked across the living room and to the front door. The next room is like a storage room, but nobody ever goes there except me and another member of the household, the one in the kitchen. No one else was inside the house at the time. No one saw anybody go in.

Strangely enough, I had a very peaceful feeling from this "ghost".

Old 10-12-2022, 05:18 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Make sure to listen to it with the volume up. The ending is killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEqJjzN4J7s

Last edited by TerraDown; 10-12-2022 at 05:43 PM..

Old 10-12-2022, 06:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I am still amazed that TV has yet to come up with haunted variations on all their home improvement shows.

FLIP THIS HAUNTED HOUSE
LIST IT OR EXORCISE IT?
RE-POSSESSED
HOUSEGHOSTBUSTING

They could have their typical crew of people wandering through dark houses with video equipment and screaming into the dark --- only add a realtor to the mix.

I admit: I'd watch an episode.
I have a memory that they did this on that Minnesota-based home fix-it show with Dean Johnson and JoJo. It was a funny little episode. Oh man I can’t remember the name of that show I’ll have to look it up hold on…Hometime! It was on PBS. I really enjoy people creating things and working with their hands. Mainly because I do that stuff just not as well as they do.

And if you have the Roku channel, there was a show I think it was called murder house, where they went in with the intent to fix up a house that has been stigmatized by someone in it being murdered. Murder house flip. I didn’t mind that one so much either. It wasn’t nearly as informative as it was decorative.

Old 10-13-2022, 03:18 AM

855 posts, read 624,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Make sure to listen to it with the volume up. The ending is killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEqJjzN4J7s
I love this one!

-

Old 10-13-2022, 12:07 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
I have wondered if my house is haunted.

Back when I was working from home during the pandemic, the house would be very quiet, with just me in it, and I'd be working away, and I hear footsteps upstairs. At first, I didn't think anything of it...when the son is home, sometimes you hear him moving around upstairs. But then I remembered "Wait...I'm the only one home." I've heard a man cough upstairs, and I'm the only one home, I've heard a man laugh upstairs, and I'm the only one home, and I've seen flashes of light upstairs, at night, in our hallway.

One time, in the space of a few seconds, something pushed or blew something off the kitchen window, pushed or blew some papers off the kitchen Island, and then rattled some hanging pots and pans, and shifted another pot in the kitchen. Like I said...all in the space of a few seconds. That was kinda weird.

So yeah...maybe my house is haunted.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:11 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I have wondered if my house is haunted.

Back when I was working from home during the pandemic, the house would be very quiet, with just me in it, and I'd be working away, and I hear footsteps upstairs. At first, I didn't think anything of it...when the son is home, sometimes you hear him moving around upstairs. But then I remembered "Wait...I'm the only one home." I've heard a man cough upstairs, and I'm the only one home, I've heard a man laugh upstairs, and I'm the only one home, and I've seen flashes of light upstairs, at night, in our hallway.

One time, in the space of a few seconds, something pushed or blew something off the kitchen window, pushed or blew some papers off the kitchen Island, and then rattled some hanging pots and pans, and shifted another pot in the kitchen. Like I said...all in the space of a few seconds. That was kinda weird.

So yeah...maybe my house is haunted.
I should just carry on denying it, and ignoring it, and it will probably go away. On the other hand, maybe this (other) person needs to be acknowledged and possibly told they are dead and now they can move on to other better things than rattling your pots and pans. However, I am sure they are probably just cooking their meal and living in that space like they have always done.

It certainly sounds as if you have someone there living with you who is not part of your family, so yes, I think so too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal