Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 07:59 AM

1,137 posts, read 615,707 times

Advertisements

The fact that it was your mom's birthday makes me believe that it was her or some other supernatural occurrence.
What are the chances that you will experience something so clear, yet unexplainable on that single day out of 365?
The number is very interesting. Seven is a lot of knocks. Wonder if that is the typical number of knocks she performs when at a person's door?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2022, 10:08 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
It was 7 rhythmic knocks. If you counted 1 through 7, all spaced out exactly the same, that is what it sounded like. I know what I heard. I know the sound. The sound were the result of knocks on the car or window. I have no idea what it was but that is what it was. It will forever be unexplainable. I love these people on here telling me that I didn’t hear what I know I heard. I am not open to suggestions that it was sonic booms or thunder or anything else, because I would know if it was and I surely wouldn’t be posting anything here if there was any possibility that it was any of those things. I was the only one on the road that i could see so it was not from any other vehicle.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:18 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sometimes when things don't have an easy explanation, people will literally try to convince you that you are crazy. They focus too much on evidence to try to understand that some things just don't have explanations that we can yet understand.
Yes, they do. And some of the "natural causes" are more far out and bizarre than any paranormal experience.

We have a paranormal forum, and yet people with aggressive hostility towards the subject are permitted to post here and mock those of us who have had paranormal experiences.

Yeah, it was a "sonic boom" that went off seven times, only on YOUR car, on Long Island. Right. And you are the only one who heard it... smh.

Old 12-19-2022, 03:21 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I agree that seeking logic is the first thing to do. But sometimes people (not necessarily you) really don't want or care to believe what a person is saying, so they come up with even more far fetched explanations than the original story, just to try to put a puzzle piece in so the whole thing can make sense. I'm not trying to make you look bad, I just think that sometimes people fail to accept others at their word. But I really wasn't talking just about you, but about people in general who don't want to believe.
I believe that Mr(MRs) trusso11783 did hear seven loud knocks. I never questioned that 'fact'. I question the origin of the noise the OP heard. The OP has no proof the origin of the noise is paranormal, other than their feeling. Feelings are not evidence. Feelings are a hunch or hypothesis that has to be proven (which has not in this case). We all make mistakes, including me - that is what makes us human.

I used to drive 100,000 miles a year as a commercial truck driver. I know that things happen on the road that are hard to explain. I waved to a fellow truck driver going in the opposite direction five minutes before he was split in half by a truck tire that came off another truck that was behind me. I have seen terrible accidents and heard noises/sounds that did not have a quick explanation. We still need a starting point (facts) when we look for answers.

PS Sheena, you know me long enough that you know I am not out to make money off this. You cannot make the same claim about every medium you have ever met. I seek answers just like you do, is that reason to ban people that do not walk the same line as the paranormal believers on these threads?

Old 12-19-2022, 06:04 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I believe that Mr(MRs) trusso11783 did hear seven loud knocks. I never questioned that 'fact'. I question the origin of the noise the OP heard. The OP has no proof the origin of the noise is paranormal, other than their feeling. Feelings are not evidence. Feelings are a hunch or hypothesis that has to be proven (which has not in this case). We all make mistakes, including me - that is what makes us human.

I used to drive 100,000 miles a year as a commercial truck driver. I know that things happen on the road that are hard to explain. I waved to a fellow truck driver going in the opposite direction five minutes before he was split in half by a truck tire that came off another truck that was behind me. I have seen terrible accidents and heard noises/sounds that did not have a quick explanation. We still need a starting point (facts) when we look for answers.

PS Sheena, you know me long enough that you know I am not out to make money off this. You cannot make the same claim about every medium you have ever met. I seek answers just like you do, is that reason to ban people that do not walk the same line as the paranormal believers on these threads?
Yes, Fisheye, I've known you long enough that I can say that I think you are a decent person, and while we have had our share of disagreements in those ten years, I think you are basically an honest guy. Would you intentionally rip someone off? I really don't think so at all. You aren't that kind of person.

I doubt you'd be interested, but commercial truck drivers report more than their fair share of encounters with the paranormal. Some rather heinous ones.

And. I think you know that back in NYS I was a psychiatric nurse. I do not think that every person who is violent or hears voices is "probably possessed by a demon". That is NOT where I go first. Obviously, the natural needs to be ruled out first.

Some of the events that happen to long haul truck drivers, for example, can be traced to lack of sleep, isolation, neurological phenomena that occurs when someone is behind a wheel for longer than we were made to be, and, some truckers take stimulant drugs to help them stay awake, which can cause hallucinations and delirium, among other things. Not saying that you have taken them, but plenty of truckers have. So, all of these conditions can conspire to have your mind play tricks on you. I understand that.

Also, I do think that there are instances where reports from truckers (great thread idea, btw) need further investigation and consideration. Are you at all open to that idea? That sometimes - not most of the time - it can't be explained in a way we'd call "natural" or "normal".

We already agree that we need a starting point that is comprised of FACTS. Seeing a truck driven by a person split in half before your eyes has got to be just as traumatic as things some troops seen in battle. Just horrific.

Here's a question - I lived in a house that, for lack of a better word; was haunted. The first thing that happened were electrical. Lights going on and off. Especially in the laundry room where with three kids, a husband and my mother-in-law, I spent a lot of time. Do you think after a week of lights going on and off literally all day and night that the first thing I said was "Hey Warren, something's up with the lights. Wanna call in a paranormal investigative team so we can get this thing fixed?"

No. I told my husband, and he called an ELECTRITION. Just like normal people. Except, we went through 3 or 4 electricians and an electrical engineer only to find that nothing was wrong.
THEN we had my Pastor bless it, and things got worse. HE told us to call a paranormal team. The pastor at a normal, non-crazy church.

As far as money. I have dealt with honest and dishonest people in many professions. Contracting, (pretty bad), pool maintenance, real estate, auto repair, and the clergy.
Are some practitioners of the paranormal not on the up and up? Frauds? Hucksters? Sure. But most are not.

You will probably disagree but if a person had a skill, whatever that skill that may be, they deserve to be compensated for their time. So, if you hire a person to paint their house, and they do the job, they deserve financial compensation.

If you have unpleasant paranormal event that can't be solved using normal methods, you might seek the help of someone with expertise in that area. Especially, if your pastor recommends it. I mean after all, "who ya gonna call"?

People deserve compensation for their time, skills, and work. Some are good at what they do. Others are great and others suck. And yes, a few are frauds. But most are not. I can't say all mediums are honest any more than I can say, all contractors are honest. Or good at what they do. I've been ripped off more by contractors, though.

How about that thread about commercial truckers? I have a feeling you might have some stories.

Old 12-19-2022, 06:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Sheena,

I did not see the truck driver split in half. I waved to him as he drove by in the opposite direction and he died just five minutes later. I was in a commercial truck and he was in a commercial truck. We were both driving teams, we had a partner that drove when we were not driving. His partner was asleep in the bunk only two feet away from the driver that was killed. He came out of the bunk and pulled out the emergency brake buttons - while standing in the remains of his partner. It was a set of double trailers like I was driving. It took out 300 feet of guardrail, but it stayed upright and the living partner survived. That was the second partner that the driver lost, the first one had died of a heart attack while driving - but he managed to pull off the road with his last breaths. I partnered with the surviving driver a few times after that. But it was enough to make one a little nervous that I was driving with a driver that already lost two companions. The man that was split in half was Paul Vauner and that accident happened in Stautten VA on I-81. It was probably about 2000 (I think).

What amazed me when I was driving was how many large birds I hit at night. Not that it was that many, probably about half a dozen. But these were hits that could not be avoided. Raptors, like owls, are myopic and their focus is on their prey. They are oblivious to things coming at them from the side, like vehicles and especially large trucks. Most of the large birds I hit were on my airfoil above the cab. I would catch only a quick glimpse of what looked like a large bird just before it hit. I presume it has happened to other truckers and not just me?

But I do not have any paranormal experiences and you know that I am not religious.

Old 12-20-2022, 04:11 PM

A truck being split in half is very explainable. Just an accident. Nothing even weird about it. I am I. A small quiet Nissan Versa that makes no noise. No one around. 7 loud knocks. I don’t need evidence. I don’t need proof. I have nothing to gain either way. I know what it sounded like. I can’t see sound waves but I know they are there. I can’t see wind or air but I know they are there. Not everything needs hard evidence. I just came in here explaining what I heard. Anyone telling me otherwise is just a troll. One day I was telling. My son about my mother. She had passed before he was born. Seconds later, a car cut me off and I noticed the license plate spelled out my mothers name, as I was telling him about her. That is odd. But could be a coincidence. A very weird coincidence but I can accept that. I can’t explain what I heard. Even if we left my mothers birthday out of the equation, I am still confused about what I know I heard.

Old 12-21-2022, 10:03 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
A truck being split in half is very explainable. Just an accident. Nothing even weird about it. I am I. A small quiet Nissan Versa that makes no noise. No one around. 7 loud knocks. I don’t need evidence. I don’t need proof. I have nothing to gain either way. I know what it sounded like. I can’t see sound waves but I know they are there. I can’t see wind or air but I know they are there. Not everything needs hard evidence. I just came in here explaining what I heard. Anyone telling me otherwise is just a troll. One day I was telling. My son about my mother. She had passed before he was born. Seconds later, a car cut me off and I noticed the license plate spelled out my mothers name, as I was telling him about her. That is odd. But could be a coincidence. A very weird coincidence but I can accept that. I can’t explain what I heard. Even if we left my mothers birthday out of the equation, I am still confused about what I know I heard.
It’s easy to think of those things as coincidences. My late husband dated a girl before me ( in high school) who he loved very much. They parted. We married, and years later they found their way back to each other as friends. She’s now one of my closest friends.

She sent me a beanie baby that had my birthday, and when wrapping it, discovered that the tag that named it was the same name as a favorite teacher of theirs from high school. Hubs and ex went to visit the teacher when she had cancer.

She and I both keep getting gentle reminders that he’s still with us. And it’s a comforting thought.

Old 12-21-2022, 05:33 PM

As far as my mother goes, right after she died, I went to a grocery store and they were still using plastic bags. For some crazy reason, her name was written in ink on the bag I used. Again, that could be a coincidence, just like the license plate that cut me off while I was talking about her to my son. I have plenty of those coincidences. The loud knocks actually happened, unless God knocked them in my head so only I could hear them, which I doubt happened. Could be another coincidence that it was on her birthday but even if it were on a day that meant nothing to me, I know what I heard.

Old 01-19-2023, 06:53 PM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal