Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 07:31 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,889,008 times

Advertisements

I had this happen one time and I still don't know what to think about it. I'm not sure if you'd call it ESP or what.

I was doing night shift in a convenience store and everything was done. I was leaning over the counter reading a magazine when a voice in my head (and this is hard to explain - it wasn't out loud but it was clear, unlike how I think) said, "I'm watching you."

I jerked my head up, looked around, and shrugged it off. I was reading again a minute later when the voice said, "I'm still watching you." Man, I was spooked. I checked out the store and then went outside and checked out the parking lot, walking around it. That's when I saw the police car parked over at the gas station (closed) like they would do occasionally to keep an eye out in case of trouble.

As soon as I saw the car, I relaxed and just walked back inside and then it started to get busy as people were driving in. I've always wondered who that cop was and if he was actually thinking about what I thought I was hearing. If he was thinking it, imagine how surprised he must have been when I reacted to it twice.

So yeah, what do you call that? Is that ESP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 07:54 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,745,599 times
Check out this youtube video regarding precognitive dreaming by Targ, a physicist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b8FfqMdJyw

Old 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM

10,989 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The bolded is sad. I have a friend who has psychic abilities, but she shuts it out, too. She seems to be afraid of it. I'd suggest you take a couple of workshops in trying out your psychic abilities. Once you get validation and are in a supportive environment, you could take "advanced" workshops to develop you gifts. These are precious gifts humanity needs.
When I was 21 I had a very intense psychic experience that scared me. I was frozen and heard a voice say "you have this ability but it is being taken away right now because you are too frightened." At the time I was relieved, but I actually wish that I had not lost the ability at that time.

Most of us have premonitions or "coincidences" that aren't really coincidences, but then there are examples like the OP's experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I had this happen one time and I still don't know what to think about it. I'm not sure if you'd call it ESP or what.

I was doing night shift in a convenience store and everything was done. I was leaning over the counter reading a magazine when a voice in my head (and this is hard to explain - it wasn't out loud but it was clear, unlike how I think) said, "I'm watching you."

I jerked my head up, looked around, and shrugged it off. I was reading again a minute later when the voice said, "I'm still watching you." Man, I was spooked. I checked out the store and then went outside and checked out the parking lot, walking around it. That's when I saw the police car parked over at the gas station (closed) like they would do occasionally to keep an eye out in case of trouble.

As soon as I saw the car, I relaxed and just walked back inside and then it started to get busy as people were driving in. I've always wondered who that cop was and if he was actually thinking about what I thought I was hearing. If he was thinking it, imagine how surprised he must have been when I reacted to it twice.

The bolded text is how it happened for me.

Old 09-11-2023, 07:28 PM

22,454 posts, read 11,977,478 times
One night I was asleep and dreaming that my husband and I were looking to buy a condo. In the dream, the realtor took us to see a place in a converted brownstone. The unit was on the second floor. The realtor unlocked then opened the door. I stood at the threshold, looked around, and shook my head "no". The place had all blinds and curtains drawn so it came of as being dark and depressing. At that point in the dream, I was awakened by my husband talking in his sleep. He said "It needs about 800 more square feet!"

That sure startled me! Once he woke up, he didn't remember saying it.

Old 09-15-2023, 08:50 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
I like to think of it as belonging to Einstein's theory of quantum entanglement. That hints at deep connections between people at an atomic level. He called it "spooky."

In my house it has a quirky sense of humor. I've told my turkey story here before.

I was sleeping (the time when your brain is doing things we aren't aware of.) And I woke suddenly with a panicked voice in my head saying, "The turkey's in the ditch!" Thought that was strange. Not related to anything I had read or heard or been thinking.

Came downstair for a cup of coffee, picked up the paper and read a human-interest story about a local farmer hauling a load of turkeys to market. Some had fallen off and a family in a car came behind them and caught one to bring home for Thanksgiving Day dinner.

All I could think was, "Thanks a lot for the piece of useless information. Next time make it the lottery numbers, please."

We noticed very strong thought/behavior patterns among grandmother, daughter and grand-daughter. Many times we all made the same meal for supper without communicating about it first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABg0JwXQm00

Old 09-15-2023, 10:11 AM

975 posts, read 535,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

ESP covers a lot of different things. I would call what you experienced telepathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal