Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

I would think we would have a true picutre of one by now if they existed. All we have is immages by people that don't holdup. We have many scientific pelescope taking photos all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
I think the idea of pictures as evidence are all but gone. It's too easy to fake em now.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Ok, why not just reform the question. How Many of you believe in Aliens from other planets?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
as opposed to aliens from this planet?

aliens meaning "intelligent" life or just any life? I think there's very likely at least some form of life elsewhere, but intelligent life is a diff story…ref. "Drakes Equation"

Old 02-23-2010, 04:58 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,360,590 times
I think they exist. There's just no way that the planet Earth would be the only place in the galaxy that could support life IMHO.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,360,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Ufo's and aliens do exist, even if the government doesn't know about them.
Oh, I'm willing to bet that the government knows a great deal, but are not willing to divulge to the public...

Old 02-24-2010, 06:38 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
as opposed to aliens from this planet?

aliens meaning "intelligent" life or just any life? I think there's very likely at least some form of life elsewhere, but intelligent life is a diff story…ref. "Drakes Equation"
I defiantly believe that intelligent life exist on other planets. Not in out solar-system, obviously, but somewhere on the milky-way or in other galaxy's.
I mean, what do we really know on earth. We live in a 3 dimensional world right now, that we can see anyway. I believe that wormholes, paralell universes are a possibility. And the way for us to be able to travel to another planet in an other galaxy would be though a wormhole, but that's probably too deep for this forum.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmngz_mrc View Post
ooooh yeah! **** yeah they do! im a soilder and i could tell you that theres some **** i wish i never seen.. one night i was doing a dismount on the edge of dyela, iraq and then out of the black ski we saw lights... yeah, like 20 of us! our comander got on the coms with comand and were like, "do we have aerial support out here?" they said it a no fly zone. so my 1sg was like then why the **** is there **** in the ski? they replied with, "What lights?" there was nothing on raydar. im a PFC and i was looking at the camander like should we be getting ready for an attack sur? he looked at me and said, "son you dont need to hear this. go back in the stryker and man the 50." i was already ****in my self. i have never seen anything like it.. it was like a light that had no patteren of light changing. it moved from side to side in such a way that i know that it was not a helicopter or any off our prototypes. if there are really serios poeple that have seen some **** then i would really like to hear it. sad when nobody belive you.. even when a report was documented and witnessed by 20+ others...
you should of opened up with the .50 a few tracer rounds would get their attention

Old 05-27-2012, 03:15 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,051 times
UFO's certainly do exist, else we would not even have the term for them, and that designates any flying thing that you cannot identify, even if you can describe it.

The first one I saw was in 1967 about 50 miles west of Ann Arbor Michigan. I was standing on the front porch of our house gazing out over the cornfield to the north when a silver disk about 40 ft. in diameter came cruising across my field of view from right to left. There was no engine sound, but I could hear it whooshing through the air, and there was a slight compressed vapor coming off the leading edge of it. It was 200 yards from me and about 80 ft. off the ground. This occurred in broad daylight about about 11:00 in the morning.

Okay, to me that's a UFO.

Who might have been piloting it? I cannot even guess and don't care to speculate. What was it actually? I suppose you could call it a flying saucer. I choose to regard it as an unconventional craft of artificial manufacture in level flight at low altitude. That's as much as I care to attribute to it. While I can describe it I most certainly cannot identify it, and it was flying, so yes, that's a UFO.

Last edited by amylewis; 05-27-2012 at 03:27 AM..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 AM

417 posts, read 825,012 times
The idea of a secret group of aliens with technology capable of traversing space being able to get spot by the naked eye is preposterous. Perhaps aliens exist far away, or even among us. However, I can't in good graces take the notion of a bunch of saucers darting about like clumsy cloves in a meat pie. Give me a break. You can keep hope alive without needing to see a bleeding thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal