Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times

Advertisements

My brother sent years working in the Nevada Desert with the Military (yes at "THAT" location). UFO's from another planet, I don't believe in. UFO's from right here at home I do. When I asked him about where he was and what went on, he just smiled and said he really couldn't say, but he could say that while he seen plenty of weird stuff, he never saw anything that wasn't built by human hands here on Earth. That is good enough for me.

Last edited by Bydand; 03-10-2009 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
All of a sudden, the tiny point of light expanded into a weird, lopsided rectangular shape, of the apparent size of a full moon and a pale, pinkish color. Then it winked out of sight. Just like that. The whole event couldn't have taken more than two or three seconds.
That sounds like a meteor/fireball. Your description fits to a T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Plus they have found evidence of bacteria like organisms on other planets and such before.
I think you're talking about the Mars rock that they determined in the mid-late 90s had evidence of microscopic bacteria fossils. President Clinton even held a press conference about it. The jury's still out on that conclusion, though, and most in the science community aren't convinced.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:24 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Do you know what UFO stands for? It is not a question if they exist or not. The real question is "do you believe earth has been visited by aliens?
A UFO can be anything, not only alien spaceships!
would that be [unidetified federal order]......or a [ufo from outerspace]..... [universe from oblivion]......[utopia found offshore]. come on give me a break it stands for [united fire organization]

unidetified flying object in disguise

Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Personally I believe that there has to be life on other planets, but I am very skeptical that any have been technologically advanced enough to actually be able to travel the many light years from their star system to ours just to make a visit and then vanish. If there were any UFOs that came and left, wouldn't it be Recon for an attack mission? Maybe that's the sci-fi geek in me, but I'd feel that any alien visitor that doesn't immediately announce its presence to the world would have to be a recon scout for an alien invasion. So believing in UFOs would mean I think we're going to be destroyed soon. More likely, they are all explainable with logical reasons, including "top-secret experimental aircraft" and the real life on other planets has not reached a level of advancement to enable interstellar travel. Plus, if they were peaceful, wouldn't they want to trade with us?

Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM

378 posts, read 626,368 times
UFO's exist just like houses and animals do. People have video tapes to prove there's something unidentified in the sky. What they are, though, is unknown. UFO's are real, aliens from another planet are not proven though.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:34 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
UFO's exist just like houses and animals do. People have video tapes to prove there's something unidentified in the sky. What they are, though, is unknown. UFO's are real, aliens from another planet are not proven though.
anybody have a picture of a real alien post it here??? and i'm not talking about mexican aliens... show the little green creatures..

Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
I think these 'UFOs' are just experimental aircraft that the government has designed to see how far flight can take us. They designed the round shape type 'aircraft' and i remember some lady seeing a pentagon shaped 'ufo' also. For me, it is just 'aircraft' made by the government or some genius out there..

Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Personally;I'll believe it when i see one land in front of me.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That sounds like a meteor/fireball. Your description fits to a T.
I thank you for the explanation. The only reason a meteor or fireball hadn't occurred to me was because the shape was definitely rectangular. The idea that a fireball might take that shape seemed out of place, somehow.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:10 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
As for craft from "another planet", I'm not convinced. I have little doubt that life exists on other planets in the universe, but "life" is a far cry from "intelligent life", and the possibility that any "intelligent" life would be able to not only locate our tiny dust speck of a planet, but also develop the technology to get here and bother to visit without saying "hello" seems somewhat remote. I'm not ruling it out; I'm just saying that I'm far from convinced.
...and existed (not died out one way or the other) within the very short timeframe that we have been around and/or been able to at least grasp what we were seeing or hearing. Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I will say that if an alien life form exists, which has the ability to travel through space and reach our planet, they would have little reason to visit this planet, other than diversionary amusement, I'd assume. That alien life form would be so advanced that we would seem to them something like ants seem to us--if even that.
Then I would submit they are only "superior" to us technologically. And I think that unlikely, as a race that advanced technologically would probably also be smarter/wiser in general, ie probably not be nearly so arrogant or generally idiotic/disrespectful of life just because it wasn't as "advanced."
Quote:
When was the last time you visited an anthill? And if you did, was it because you wanted to communicate with the ants? Did you wish to learn something from them?
Ants - and every other form of life on this planet - have been studied quite extensively, and yeah, a lot HAS been learned from many of them, albeit not "technologically" for the most part.

Quote:
Think about it. Would we have anything more to offer intergalactic travelers than an ant has to offer us?
Yeah, quit a bit, most likely. Another intelligent (OK we're pretty stupid sometimes, I use the term loosely ) form of life found and considering how (apparently) extremely, extremely rare intelligent life is? You kidding? Maybe not technologically, but culturally, socially, philosophically......the curiousities and interest would be, I think, quite intense.

Sorry, but the ant thing is frankly a silly analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal