Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,513 times

Advertisements

ha Shell actually owns the patent to a type of Lithium battery that would go 500 to 700 miles per charge in an electric car. And you say there is no conspiracy? But many of our government leaders have ties or financial stake in the success of the oil industry. Our last president and vice president were oil men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
ha Shell actually owns the patent to a type of Lithium battery that would go 500 to 700 miles per charge in an electric car. And you say there is no conspiracy? But many of our government leaders have ties or financial stake in the success of the oil industry. Our last president and vice president were oil men.

Um, if they own the patent, they aren't hiding it. Which means it isn't a conspiracy.

Stranglehold monopoly, probably. But that's a problem with the patent system, not a conspiracy to hide that the technology doesn't exist.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:10 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
The problem is that yes there is evidence of extraterrestrial presence but people block it out of their minds because it doesn't fit their sense of reality and they form their own explanations for what something could be.
I disagree with that assertion. Speaking for myself, I certainly have no problem with the idea that there may be not only extraterrestrial life, but intelligent extraterrestrial life. When one combines what we know of biochemistry, evolution, the magnitude of the cosmos and Drake's equation, the chances that life evolved on other worlds is most probable. It is also possible that such life may have found out a way to overcome special relativity.

What I do have a problem with is the lack of hard proof. I have a problem with assertions being made because some ancient art work looks like a alien. That is not proof (and that goes for the contemporary dinosaur people too). The people who drew those pieces are no longer around to tell us what their meaning was, so we have to make our best guesses. You see an alien; I see an over-exaggerated boomerang with two coconuts in the middle. Ok, I am being facetious, but my point is made.

Think about several millenia from now when some people are digging around a 21st Century ancient site. Pretend for a second that our written history is lost. They made find a blank CD and wonder what it was. Some may guess some sort of light weight throwing weapon, some may guess that it was a part of a machine, some may think it was some sort of decoration, some may correctly guess that it is some sort of data storage...this is what we do now with ancient cultures. We make a best guess in relationship to other artifacts and some do it better than others - we call them archaeologists. If the ancients could come back and tell us what they really meant, most of us amateurs would be wrong in our interpretation and even some of the experts. Wouldn't it be funny if an ancient Australian comes back and says," No, no, no....that isn't an alien or god. That's an over-exaggerated boomerang with two coconuts in the middle."

I have a problem with amateurs taking satellite imagery, deciding what we are "really" seeing and determining that the minds of NASA, the JPL, MIT, and Cal Tech are either wrong or involved in some great cover up, when there is no proof of either. Such a cover-up would have to be huge due to the sheer numbers of people involved. Probabilty states that someone will talk and have proof to back it up.

I have a problem with people automatically dismissing the idea that ancient people could have accomplished the things they did without the aid of gods or aliens. I tend to give them more credit than that. Until proven otherwise, I will continue to marvel at their accomplishments.

I have a problem with "eye witness" accounts being offered as proof. They are no such thing. People saw something or think they saw something. Either way, there is still no hard proof (or disproof) of the event. I am not much of one to just take someone's word for it.

I have a problem with people saying, "You have to have an open mind", when what they are really saying is, "If you don't agree with me, you are being closed-minded." Being open-minded is simply the state of being willing to hear another point of view and considering what they are saying then coming to your own conclusion.

I am open to the possibility of intelligent life on/from other worlds. I see the t-shirts with a grey on them and the words "I WANT TO BELIEVE." But the problem is, belief isn't good enough for me (concerning this topic anyway). I want to know. Knowing requires hard proof and for me, that proof will come in no less the form of and alien ringing my doorbell and stating, "Hello. I am Zarg from the planet Nilbia. I was wondering if you would be interested in buying a pyramid on the moon."

Last edited by Fullback32; 08-12-2009 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Have you ever used a telescope to look at the moon? Did you ever see any Alien life forms or interesting things pop up then??

Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I disagree with that assertion. Speaking for myself, I certainly have no problem with the idea that there may be not only extraterrestrial life, but intelligent extraterrestrial life. When one combines what we know of biochemistry, evolution, the magnitude of the cosmos and Drake's equation, the chances that life evolved on other worlds is most probable. It is also possible that such life may have found out a way to overcome special relativity.

What I do have a problem with is the lack of hard proof. I have a problem with assertions being made because some ancient art work looks like a alien. That is not proof (and that goes for the contemporary dinosaur people too). The people who drew those pieces are no longer around to tell us what their meaning was, so we have to make our best guesses. You see an alien; I see an over-exaggerated boomerang with two coconuts in the middle. Ok, I am being facetious, but my point is made.

Think about several millenia from now when some people are digging around a 21st Century ancient site. Pretend for a second that our written history is lost. They made find a blank CD and wonder what it was. Some may guess some sort of light weight throwing weapon, some may guess that it was a part of a machine, some may think it was some sort of decoration, some may correctly guess that it is some sort of data storage...this is what we do now with ancient cultures. We make a best guess in relationship to other artifacts and some do it better than others - we call them archaeologists. If the ancients could come back and tell us what they really meant, most of us amateurs would be wrong in our interpretation and even some of the experts. Wouldn't it be funny if an ancient Australian comes back and says," No, no, no....that isn't an alien or god. That's an over-exaggerated boomerang with two coconuts in the midlle."

I have a problem with amateurs taking photos, deciding what we are "really" seeing and determining that the minds of NASA, the JPL, MIT, and Cal Tech are either wrong or involved in some great cover up, when there is no proof of either. Such a cover-up would have to be huge due to the sheer numbers of people involved. Probabilty states that someone will talk and have proof to back it up.

I have a problem with people automatically dismissing the idea that ancient people could have accomplished the things they did without the aid of gods or aliens. I tend to give them more credit than that. Until proven otherwise, I will continue to marvel at their accomplishments.

I have a problem with "eye witness" accounts being offered as proof. They are no such thing. People saw something or think they saw something. Either way, there is still no hard proof (or disproof) of the event. I am not much of one to just take someone's word for it.

I have a problem with people saying, "You have to have an open mind", when what they are really saying is, "If you don't agree with me, you are being closed-minded." Being open-minded is simply the state of being willing to hear another point of view and considering what they are saying then coming to your own conclusion.

I am open to the possibility of intelligent life on/from other worlds. I see the t-shirts with a grey on them and the words "I WANT TO BELIEVE." But the problem is, belief isn't good enough for me (concerning this topic anyway). I want to know. Knowing requires hard proof and for me, that proof will come in no less the form of and alien ringing my doorbell and stating, "Hello. I am Zarg from the planet Nilbia. I was wondering if you would be interested in buying a pyramid on the moon."
lack of definite proof doesn't mean something is not real. There is evidence that we have been visited just like there is evidence that Mars once had large bodies of water all over the planet. But we dont see a drop of liquid water on the planet. Does that mean there was never liquid water on Mars? Ironically Many of the skeptics calling for proof are Christians and their belief system would have to fall under the same scientific scrutiny based on their logic. Science would call for the proof of the existence of God as well as the creation story. Tell me this...do you believe in God? I want to know how many skeptics here believe in God.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,313 times
Quote:
I want to know how many skeptics here believe in God.

Not me.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:39 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
lack of definite proof doesn't mean something is not real. There is evidence that we have been visited just like there is evidence that Mars once had large bodies of water all over the planet. Ironically Many of the skeptics calling for proof are Christians and their belief system would have to fall under the same scientific scrutiny based on their logic.
Didn't say it wasn't. I am just saying that it is not proven. It is certainly possible that there may have been aliens who visited Earth and contributed to ancient cultures. However, the preponderance of the evidence is against it. As of right now, I don't agree with the hypothesis.

I am well aware that there is significant evidence for water on Mars. But that evidence is based upon geologic formations and erosion patterns (among other things) that we are very familiar with so we can draw a good conclusion. The evidence being offered for ancient astronauts, though, is highly debatable and open to severe interpretation error of ancient artworks and satellite imagery. I tend to side with scientists. I also don't like the claims of conspiracy and cover up without proof of the same. That weakens the argument and interpretation of those who believe they are seeing alien artifacts on worlds in our solar system.

For the record, I am NO Christian. I am quite the agnostic.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
How about protecting the interest of oil companies and other fossil fuel industries. Those industries are stuffing a lot of money in the pockets of politicians to keep the status quo. I don't think these guys want everyone to have free energy.
There are plenty of politicians that might as well be from another world when it comes to hearing the needs of ordinary citizens.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Quote:
NASA has always said the face on Mars is a trick of light. The thing is researchers have used data from NASA's own images, and the computers have taken original data turned the face from different perspectives and shadowing and it always shows a face. Not only does it show two eyes, mouth and nose but it shows nostrils, eyebrows and even teeth. The odds of that being natural is like 100 billion to 1. Researcher are using scientific evidence with real computer data to make these claims. There is NO human interpretation in the results thats shown. So this isnt like looking in the clouds and looking for faces. NASA even admitted to removing layers from the face image. and when you remove the layers, you remove a lot of detail as well.

This is what the face actually looks like.....any body that says this is naturally made is crazy. Its symmetrical and its clearly artificial. It just has too many identifiable facial features and its not like this is located among other mountains. This just sits in the desert by itself.

keep in mind this wasnt tamerped with to make it look more like a face. NASA own data was entered into the computer and based on that data showing the face with the sun shining from a different direction, this is the results.

now compare that to the below images which is NASA latest photo of the face. NASA removed layers which ended up removing a lot of detail and depth. This is the filtered version.
Only "crazy" people would say it was naturally made?

Well I guess I'm "crazy" and aliens have been pretty busy all over earth and solar system making faces in rocks.

"Indian Heads" and other humanoid rocks

Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times
Quote:
How do you know they have no agenda? The government lies to us all the time even though NASA is technically not a government agency. Its hard to trust what the governemnt tells you anymore when all they are good at doing is lying and covering things up. Why is it so hard to believe we have been visited? Why is it so hard to believe the government knows and is trying to covering it up? There is just too much stuff leaking out for all this to be about nothing and its not just the nut jobs that support the belief that we are being visited. Many credible people high up are pushing for disclosure. History has left all kinds of evidence of past visitation and I don't doubt for a second we are being visited to day. Listen to the stories of commercial pilots and air traffic controllers. They see these things all the time. Read the legends from past civilizations read the Bible because its all in the Bible. Read the book of Ezekiel in the Bible where Ezekiel literally speaks of flying glowing wheels made of metal with creatures in them. Ezekiel even describes the manuevers of the creatures in the wheel. He says they move back and forth like a flash of lightening. Thats the the typical manuever of UFOs. You can't be more direct and clear than that. But Christians ignore the part about Ezekiel as well as the part in the Bible about the Nephilim and how the fallen angels bore children with human women. In fact new polls show that more than 50% of Americans believe in UFOs so its no longer a subject for the nut jobs out there.

Amazing that this church choir is singing about a UFO.

If you're trying to prove NASA has an agenda, you've failed utterly.

And I wouldn't exactly be using the bible as a valid source either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal