Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:08 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
Since Life begins at conception, not at birth - one just does not know the exact time of it, unless you are a rare exception of coincedences or a child of IVF. Therefore all possible statistical empirical similarities should be shifted - and almost nobody knows where ( in time frame as the child is not born exctly after 270 days of gestation)
Life does not begin "at conception".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 12:01 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Sorry, but this is BS

A newborn can not survive without outside help as well, which does not mean he does not have a soul. Some preemies can not survive without an artificial 'host' for many weeks - which does not make them souless.
A person becomes a person on the moment of stable implantation. All the word manipulations about 'person", 'fetus", ' blob of cells ' et cetera - is nonsence derived from mere desire to justify the convenience of termination of a human being or murder for just that- convinience.

Not such a long time ago the same ones which now deny personhood to the human in utero were denied personhood as well. There is a proverb that the worst villain usually forms from the previous victim.
BS to you and the political definitions made in this modern era.
Astrology was a system made LONG before the issue of abortion came to a head between percieved right and wrong. Terminations of unwanted pregnancies in early times was not looked down upon, and sometimes termination was deemed a neccessity for survival. Even babies born with defects would be 'dealt with', as they were a hinderance to the health and survival of the group.
Today things are very different, some have issues with abortion, others have issues with over-population.
Word play indeed, I won't disagree with that, but I feel it is political BS. The change in definition is to suit a specific group agenda. A group you apparently belong to. But we are not talking about abortion we are talking astrology....in astrology, a person becomes a person when the soul enters the body with its first breath.
Also, I never said that a newborn could survive without help, nor that newborns are soulless.
And be honest here, you are not really sorry.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:23 AM

997 posts, read 937,599 times
Astrology states the the human is infused with the energy of the universe at the place and moment of birth. They are the center of the Universe. What is a soul again? I don't even know.

That is how we do it. That is the rule of Astrology so why argue about a rule for something that you don't even believe in?

What is a soul again? I don't even know. So I looked it up:

"the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal."

Old 10-14-2016, 04:20 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
It has a psychological merit for those who believe in it (a lot of people do, mostly females). A former friend of mine studied how to make an astrological chart and then used that knowledge as opening line to meet women, it was quite effective (didn't work all the time, though, but I think it was more because of the personality of that friend- who had shyness issues- than because of his knowledge of astrology, which suscited a genuine interest among his female friends). So it can be an innocuous instrument of self-help for unsecure personalities who thus boost their self-esteem. Why not? people believe in so many absurd things anyway, at least that belief doesn't harm anyone, no more than psychoanalysis or believing in a god anyway...

Old 10-24-2016, 04:06 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
I do not believe in astrology

Old 10-24-2016, 04:51 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well then, it appears like you're ready to be tested! Which kind? Multiple choice/True or False/Other?

Sample questions: What happens when you mix too much air & water in a chart? What happens when there's no Earth, Water, Air or Water in a chart? And what happens when there's too many Cardinal signs in a chart? Mars governs your sex drive, so what would sexually appeal to someone with their Mars in Taurus? Or Mars in the Air signs?
There's no earth, water or air in my chart. ( I mean, there are but all in distant houses)

My sun, moon, birth sign are all in Leo. That is triple fire and trust me isn't easy. It's all fire. I love water but not too much of it ( obviously a teaspoon) the earth signs are out ( although I really live in a earthy, natural place, I'm not too happy with it) and would be better off in A) California B) Vegas and do really well because I really only can handle air. I adore air. ( I adore all signs but special bond with air) Vegas and California all desert ( air) so it would include Arizona and a few others.

I have a fire hot temper and am doing real well with not getting kicked off this site, because I can in moment, but I kind of like the people here though. Some wise owls live here. Some really good people are here. I think for number one, a person has to know their weaknesses and accept them before they can be anything to anyone else.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:35 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
You might be greatly surprised at the watery types who make their way into desert cities to live. If you're uncomfortable with your water placements, I tend to believe the watery types come to the desert in hopes of "drying out", their emotionality/moodiness will magically disappear, with 300 days of sunshine a year. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen!

Also, if you're uncomfortable with your water placements, you may even avoid ocean cities as well, or even swimming in a pool.

What I love about the wisdom of Eastern Philosophy is the theory of the polar opposites.

All those Leo's placements, all that fire, and being so imbalanced, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what type of mate you may end up with some day, perhaps someone with no Fire whatsoever, given the attraction of opposites.

"Gee! I have no Fire in my chart, wish I had some Fire!" And you come along, and their eyes get all Fiery! The answer to my prayers! Marry me!

Bear in mind, when you have 3 or more placements in a particular sign, that sign can take on the flavor of its opposite: Aquarius. And the more placements in a particular sign, the more swing there is to its opposite sign.

So, say you have Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus in Taurus, then those placements will take on a Scorpio flavor, Taurus' opposite.

Last edited by tijlover; 10-25-2016 at 09:44 PM..

Old 10-31-2016, 09:12 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Quote:
Sorry, but this is BS

A newborn can not survive without outside help as well, which does not mean he does not have a soul. Some preemies can not survive without an artificial 'host' for many weeks - which does not make them souless.
A person becomes a person on the moment of stable implantation. All the word manipulations about 'person", 'fetus", ' blob of cells ' et cetera - is nonsence derived from mere desire to justify the convenience of termination of a human being or murder for just that- convinience.

Not such a long time ago the same ones which now deny personhood to the human in utero were denied personhood as well. There is a proverb that the worst villain usually forms from the previous victim.
Better tell that to the IRS. Last I heard, merely being knocked up does not result in an additional tax deduction.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:31 AM

30 posts, read 32,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Being a soul who craves logic, I've been looking for links between FACT and Astrology. Sometimes, for fun I will read my horoscope, and every once in a while it is frightfully accurate. How much faith do you put in astrology, and why?
I believe that certain traits aligned with certain signs are accurate. For instance, Geminis being fast and full of energy, Taurus being very analytical and stubborn, Sagittarius being fun-loving and boisterous. Some of these traits are certainly modified by external factors, such as culture, how they were raised, etc. But in the majority of cases, they are painfully accurate.

I do not believe, however, that there is any way to predict the future. I believe that the future is fluid and is constantly influenced by things that are happening in the present. While the location of the stars and planets *might* have some vague influence over events, I think that the future is wholly unwritten until it happens and that astrological forecasts are impossible.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:03 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Quiero View Post
I believe that certain traits aligned with certain signs are accurate. For instance, Geminis being fast and full of energy, Taurus being very analytical and stubborn, Sagittarius being fun-loving and boisterous. Some of these traits are certainly modified by external factors, such as culture, how they were raised, etc. But in the majority of cases, they are painfully accurate.

I do not believe, however, that there is any way to predict the future. I believe that the future is fluid and is constantly influenced by things that are happening in the present. While the location of the stars and planets *might* have some vague influence over events, I think that the future is wholly unwritten until it happens and that astrological forecasts are impossible.
I have to laugh when I get on Astrodienst, some times. Astrologers are never there to predict natural disasters, mass killings, election results, the death of a celebrity, but when it happens, they're right there to do a transit chart, stating there was this or that transit, causing this event to happen. Well, then! Where was the forewarning!!!

Any number of people are forever asking questions on that forum, like: What may happen during my next Saturn transit? Will I finally fall in love during this transit or that transit?

Myself, I don't want to know, and if it's not extremely specific, why bother!!!

With Astrology, I largely concentrate on Synastry, personal and spiritual growth, and getting to know myself further, and better understanding the people who come into my orbit in this world.

And I completely understand why any number of Astrologers meditate on their charts their entire lives! I'm not done yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal