Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a "U.FO."?
Yes 15 35.71%
No 19 45.24%
I may have 5 11.90%
Not Sure 3 7.14%
No Opinion 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times

Advertisements

About five years ago, in the afternoon I thought I saw a slow moving plane from the side because I could not see the wings. It was moving slow like the goodyear blimp.
when I looked at it closer I swear hand to god it took off. Absolutely gone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
I voted "I may have", it was way back in the 60s and I was stoned on LSD so I can't be sure!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,814,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
I saw one about 3 years ago, I was walking my dog in my neighborhood and I saw an object that was moving really quickly in the corner of my eye. So, I looked up and saw the object for a few seconds and then it disappeared. Just like that, it disappeared, it was really strange.

I know it couldn't have been an airplane, because it wasn't an area where airplanes fly, and plus, airplanes do not just disappear like this object. And I also know it was a meteor because I've seen meteors before and this object did not have that flame flying behind like meteors have.

Pretty suspicious.
Comets have tails. Meteors seldom show them. try watching the Persied (spelling) or Leonid showers -- those aren't big flames/tails when they "shoot"

Old 08-18-2009, 09:38 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Yeah, but a UFO is just that. A UFO. Something you can't identify. Doesn't automatically equate to "alien ship", something we have yet to see any concrete proof of.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,473 times
For the last fifty years SETI has had their ears to the cosmos and nothing!

The vast distances of space make it very unlikely that we have ever been visited.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 PM

952 posts, read 942,468 times
One of my best friends filmed a UFO on a Sunday morning in August 1996. I have about 8 minutes of film which I copied from his original. On film it appears as an impossibly bright slice of rotating light very high in a clear blue sky. It is estimated by investigators to be at an altitude of 20 miles. The video has been examined by professionals in film analysis....and determined authentic. As well as recording the event, he was able to view it through high-powered binoculars. He describes what he saw as an enormous physical cylindrical structure, shimmering, vibrating, turning and maintaining a close arc to the Sun, as if to cloak itself in the rays. Every major News Agency in the region sent reporters, and featured a segment on their Newscasts....some quite dismissive. As well, within the hour, and recorded on the video, Military aircraft? (dark helicopters) make an arrival in the skies surrounding the area. The Television Show "Sightings" puchased the rights. I have zero doubts as to my friends experience, explanation, or integrity. The video copy I have is icing, to ponder, marvel, and share the enigmatic with friends and aquaintances.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Right after 9/11 I saw some aircraft at night flying different air patterns than normal with different lights than usual commerical aircraft. I doubt they were UFOs, but definitely not your standard aircraft. I see alot of A 10 warthogs and these were bigger, possibly bombers. But we were on high alert so that was explainable. I do think we have advanced aircraft that nobody knows we have.
And I could add one other personal event that would fall under the unexplained phenomena category.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:46 AM

689 posts, read 742,954 times
Yes...But it turns out that I was just really drunk. I think I actually made a crop circle that night. At least...that's what I heard.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Yep in 1972 in THE PENNINSULA OF P.V. CALIFORNIA My brother saw it first, he then called me and at the time my boyfriend, now husband, it was something like i had never seen in my life time surely not a plane or helicopter, it was hovering above the sky, all these darn bright lights, the weird shape nothing from this planet.The way it was moving was totally bizare, then all of a sudden a really bright light, and then off it went to who know where, my brother knew some friends who worked for the armed services at that time besides some pilots, who had confimred their was a siting. Any body from here see that back them, PALOS VERDES PENINSULA CA, IN 1972. Would like to hear your accounts of that strange night. The strange thing was how long it was able to stay in one place so still, i do not know a plane that can do this, and it was no helicopter, No lie did happen.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 AM

805 posts, read 1,509,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
What area was it in? The sky? Airplanes do "fly" there you know.
Disappeared, eh? Have you had your eyes checked for "floaters"?

Hmmmm, suspicious indeed.

Don't you know what UFO stands for?

Do you truly think everything we see is identifiable and known?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal