Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 11:51 AM

7,080 posts, read 12,373,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So it sounds like you "research" is watching Star Trek

I've watched Star Trek also, entertaining, fictional, and my "research" tells me it is a TV series and movies (have them all) designed to entertain, and make money for the producers in the process.
Again, I hear ya neighbor. However, Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek and Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind were actually inspired by real events. When I began researching aliens and UFOs, I was amazed to find out just how accurate the Star Trek series was. It is believed that Gene Roddenberry was getting inside information from people that knew the truth. Even the word "Federation" comes from a real Federation (that is not based in this Galaxy) of SEVERAL different races of alien beings.

What always bugged me about Star Trek was the human looking ETs on the show. Well, it turns out that's accurate as well. Most of the ETs we have categorized look human!

YouTube - 57 Different Kinds Of Alien E.T. Species Known.flv

Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,574,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

What always bugged me about Star Trek was the human looking ETs on the show. Well, it turns out that's accurate as well. Most of the ETs we have categorized look human!
Again, what ET's, the ones in the movies, ET himself, or the blue one or pointy eared ones on Star Trek?

The reason they look 'so humanoid' on Star Trek, as CGI wasn't around, so they painted an actor and stuck some antenna on their head.

Even if we assume that Roswell actually occurred, and we have a 'gray' body sequestered somewhere, one is not a representative sample to base any assumptions on.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Again, what ET's, the ones in the movies, ET himself, or the blue one or pointy eared ones on Star Trek?

The reason they look 'so humanoid' on Star Trek, as CGI wasn't around, so they painted an actor and stuck some antenna on their head.

Even if we assume that Roswell actually occurred, and we have a 'gray' body sequestered somewhere, one is not a representative sample to base any assumptions on.
Did you even watch any of the videos that I have posted? Right now, your logic is just as ideology-driven as the theists you tease.

However, I get it. Aliens aren't real. Gods aren't real. The only thing that exists in reality are humans and our over active imaginations. I got it!

Old 08-31-2010, 01:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,574,603 times
Quote:
Did you even watch any of the videos that I have posted? Right now, your logic is just as ideology-driven as the theists you tease.

However, I get it. Aliens aren't real. Gods aren't real. The only thing that exists in reality are humans and our over active imaginations. I got it!
No you don't get it, the mathematical probability that aliens are real is pretty much a certainty, and personally I feel certain that ET Aliens exist. They just aren't visiting the trailer parks of this planet every week, or flying around looking for the switch to turn their lights off. In the SW, near Area 51 where we know that the F117 and B-2 Stealth bomber were developed in complete secrecy.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,866,524 times
Quote:
According to my research,
Why not tell us about this 'research' you mention? Like where do you do it, who do you interview... the whole show?

(not YT video clips please)

Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Why not tell us about this 'research' you mention? Like where do you do it, who do you interview... the whole show?

(not YT video clips please)
Translation: Please don't post anymore evidence from credible people on this topic.

Sorry Charlie, but it doesn't work that way. Now sit back, and watch the professionals give their interviews with credible witnesses like ex-state governors.

YouTube - real UFO sighting during CNN broadcast

Quote:
No you don't get it, the mathematical probability that aliens are real is pretty much a certainty, and personally I feel certain that ET Aliens exist. They just aren't visiting the trailer parks of this planet every week, or flying around looking for the switch to turn their lights off. In the SW, near Area 51 where we know that the F117 and B-2 Stealth bomber were developed in complete secrecy.
I get it. Aliens have never visited Earth. There isn't any evidence of such visitations. All of the credible witnesses are just a bunch of crackpot liars. Only people from trailer parks believe Aliens are real. This video of an ex-US governor is a bunch of bull and it never really happened. I am a hoaxer that put together that CNN video all by myself just to fool the masses. Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 08-31-2010 at 01:56 PM..

Old 08-31-2010, 01:53 PM

896 posts, read 1,866,524 times
Quote:
Translation: Please don't post anymore evidence from credible people on this topic.
Translation? Not necessary, my words were perfectly clear, and in English. Here they are again -- no translation necessary at all: "Why not tell us about this 'research' you mention? Like where do you do it, who do you interview... the whole show?

(not YT video clips please)"

And you even went ahead and embedded a clip from YT!

Quote:
Sorry Charlie, but it doesn't work that way.
Name's not Charlie.

Please drop the arrogance and tell us about your research.

If you cannot do so in your own words then tell us so, then we can move on to someone else's part in the discussion.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,224,540 times
I don't give ex-state governors any more credibility than anyone else. He made a joke out of it while in office because he knew that most people would think he was loony, not because he didn't want to panic them. I agree it was a "real UFO", but it's still an open question what it was and where it was from. It's an Unidentified Flying Object, not necessarily of extraterrestrial origin. Don't jump to conclusions.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Name's not Charlie.

Please drop the arrogance and tell us about your research.

If you cannot do so in your own words then tell us so, then we can move on to someone else's part in the discussion.
My research is the same research anyone can do. Go to the internet and a library and read. It is that simple. The truth is out there for all that is interested. I took your question (who have you interviewed) as an insult because it was. I mean really, who did you interview to find out that dinosaurs were real huh? Did you actually go out and dig up those bones youself. I doubt it! Did you actaully do the DNA testing and carbon dating on those bones. I doubt it! All I am saying is don't insult the man that is giving you info that he has learned. That's all. Take it for what it is.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I don't give ex-state governors any more credibility than anyone else. He made a joke out of it while in office because he knew that most people would think he was loony, not because he didn't want to panic them. I agree it was a "real UFO", but it's still an open question what it was and where it was from. It's an Unidentified Flying Object, not necessarily of extraterrestrial origin. Don't jump to conclusions.
Well, it is time to let this thread die (as I stated about 5 pages back). At this point, I am only seeing responses from people that are stuck on the popular ideology of "we are alone and haven't been visited yet". At this point, it is like arguing with a theist that just can't entertain the idea that their faith is wrong. And trust me, the "there's no evidence of Aliens" argument is a faith (a misguided one too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal