Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 04:32 AM

175 posts, read 202,488 times

Advertisements

Now i know we all the love the UK as proved by the various "what do you like the most about the UK" blah blah blah type of threads.

But tis not a perfect wonderland and their are plenty of things that may "grind our gears" so to speak.
Get it off your chests no matter how petty.

I'll start with the M25. No matter what time of day you will get stuck in a jam on that tarmac circle of despair!

London, Most think it's paved with gold but in truth it's a toilet filled with arrogant, loud and orrible little cockneys.

TV licensing - For F**k sake, really?

Katie price, why this bint is so popular is beyond me. It's like a barbie doll took a S**t, gave it lips and painted it orange and then had the nerve to let it breed.

Roundabouts, They're everywhere.

Chavy mum's with 5 kids. You know the type.They litter our town centre everywhere. An anchor tattooed on their arm with mum written on it.
The doting daddy pushing the stroller with can of stella glued to his hand, lit *** that never leaves his lips. Accompanied by the type of brats you would kick off a cliff if no one was looking.

So that's just a few to get the ball rolling.
Anybody else

Old 07-23-2013, 04:34 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,494,928 times
Toilet? As in rundown and dirty, or you're just talking about the people here?

Old 07-23-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Toilet? As in rundown and dirty, or you're just talking about the people here?
Yeah just dirty, crowded etc. Just to clear it up, i dont hate londoners by the way. They're not all loud and arrogant and London taaaan has some good parts.

*puts tin hat on*

Old 07-23-2013, 05:00 AM

14,823 posts, read 12,078,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycee View Post
Yeah just dirty, crowded etc. Just to clear it up, i dont hate londoners by the way. They're not all loud and arrogant and London taaaan has some good parts.

*puts tin hat on*
Somebody from Reading shouldn't really be 'dissing' London methinks!

Old 07-23-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Somebody from Reading shouldn't really be 'dissing' London methinks!
Ha Ha, very true. But we do have the hexagon theatre and a TGI Friday's

Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Ha Ha, very true. But we do have the hexagon theatre and a TGI Friday's
Fair enough! Oh and a premiership football team..................................erm no, sorry, forget that last part!

Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Fair enough! Oh and a premiership football team..................................erm no, sorry, forget that last part!
lol you cheeky swine! Be back their in a year mate!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
lol you cheeky swine! Be back their in a year mate!
Thats the spirit boycee!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,251,166 times
I'll be controversial but honest;
* the NHS is total shXt, but its the unconditional belief that it is awesome that I find annoying;
* the royal family: total waste if space. Again, the support without a rational thought process behind it.

Chavs, high cost of living, the weather, crowded, the press, the constant criticism of other cultures (especially the US), the anti immigrant mentality.

There are some things I miss about the UK.. just not all that much.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I'll be controversial but honest;
* the NHS is total shXt, but its the unconditional belief that it is awesome that I find annoying;
* the royal family: total waste if space. Again, the support without a rational thought process behind it.

Chavs, high cost of living, the weather, crowded, the press, the constant criticism of other cultures (especially the US), the anti immigrant mentality.

There are some things I miss about the UK.. just not all that much.
To be honest Ian I am a little disappointed in you! Of all people, as the most anti British/Britain person there is on this site, I thought perhaps your list would run into several pages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom