Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 12:21 PM

703 posts, read 447,144 times

Advertisements

Just watched Jeremy Corbyn answering questions from a young audience on Sky.
What a revelation !!!
Brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 01:56 PM

18,544 posts, read 18,810,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff956 View Post
Just watched Jeremy Corbyn answering questions from a young audience on Sky.
What a revelation !!!
Brilliant.
missed it.. oh well .

Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,122,761 times
Have always admired Corbyn, despite his many detractors.

I believe he is passionate about the old Labour party compared to the neo-conversatives dressed up as "New Labour" under Blair et al.

Only problem with Corbyn is that people think he will take the party back to the days of Michael Foot rather than a man of vision, such as John Smith.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:10 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Have always admired Corbyn, despite his many detractors.

I believe he is passionate about the old Labour party compared to the neo-conversatives dressed up as "New Labour" under Blair et al.

Only problem with Corbyn is that people think he will take the party back to the days of Michael Foot rather than a man of vision, such as John Smith.
I missed him on SKY news because I'm watching the football. It's 0 - 0 so far....... I wish I'd watched Corbyn. I agree he will be seen as a new Michael Foot. The newspapers come election time, will make sure they find something about him to frighten the voters with.

It doesn't matter to me, I won't be voting anymore for anyone. I've had enough of them all. This EU vote is my last X on a ballot.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:23 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,074,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I missed him on SKY news because I'm watching the football. It's 0 - 0 so far....... I wish I'd watched Corbyn. I agree he will be seen as a new Michael Foot. The newspapers come election time, will make sure they find something about him to frighten the voters with.

It doesn't matter to me, I won't be voting anymore for anyone. I've had enough of them all. This EU vote is my last X on a ballot.
You should have watched the Welsh match instead - it was great!

I don't know, I can't help thinking that Corbyn is a bit of a damp squib. Didn't he used to be anti-EU/Europe at one point?

And the problem with comparing him to Michael Foot, is that Foot never got to be Prime Minister as well.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:14 AM

I don't think he's a damp squib. I think he's thoughtful, and considers what he says carefully. No bull****.
[SIZE=2] I think you'll go a long way to find a more committed & honest politician. If we are going to slate someone like him (and plenty do) it must say a lot more about us than it does about him.[/SIZE]

Old 06-21-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff956 View Post
I don't think he's a damp squib. I think he's thoughtful, and considers what he says carefully. No bull****.
[SIZE=2] I think you'll go a long way to find a more committed & honest politician. If we are going to slate someone like him (and plenty do) it must say a lot more about us than it does about him.[/SIZE]
Can you honestly see him being Prime Minister though? He's taken a mostly back-seat approach about the EU campaign, until now. Is that because of the fact he used to be anti-EU, and now he's suddenly changed to being pro-EU? How can he be called 'honest' if that is the case?

Update: He voted to leave the EEC in 1975.

Last edited by Star10101; 06-21-2016 at 12:08 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 12:13 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Can you honestly see him being Prime Minister though? He's taken a mostly back-seat approach about the EU campaign, until now. Is that because of the fact he used to be anti-EU, and now he's suddenly changed to being pro-EU? How can he be called 'honest' if that is the case?

Update: He voted to leave the EEC in 1975.
I quite like him really. But he has as much chance of being Prime Minister as Ed Miliband did. Labour are a pretty sorry bunch these days......... and that's from someone who voted for them faithfully for decades. For me, Gordon Brown was the last straw.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I quite like him really. But he has as much chance of being Prime Minister as Ed Miliband did. Labour are a pretty sorry bunch these days......... and that's from someone who voted for them faithfully for decades. For me, Gordon Brown was the last straw.
Tony Blair put me right off Labour, many years ago. These days they are struggling to find a strong leader - one that actually sticks by their own views and principles too!

Old 06-21-2016, 12:28 PM

I don't think there's any comparison with Gordon Brown.
Jeremy Corbyn has never liked the EU, makes no secret of it and is only supporting 'remain' because weighing it all up he believes there is a better chance of changing the EU from within as things stand now. We should never forget that there is no 'good' option here. There are serious shortcomings whichever way we go.
That's a perfectly honest approach. Frankly, and bearing in mind we unceasingly complain about our lying politicians, if you you looking for a more honest politician than Jeremy Corbyn then you will have to wait a very, very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom