Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2019, 10:19 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Brits Out of Scotland ?
The Scottish had their chance with a referendum and bottled it/saw sense.
I never listen to the carping from these less important regions of the British Isles.Their very existence depends on a strong and economically viable United Kingdom.
And Ireland ? Without us they'd be back living with cattle in their front rooms.
wasnt a case of bottling it Roscoe .. myself and many more Scots had no intention of breaking away from the rest of the Uk and never will.. this was the diehards the dreamers, the ones who had trotted into our country with their own issues.. it has nothing to do with loving Scotland believe me or if it was they wouldnt want Scotland in the fankle it would be on our own... no way do we want to leave.. and no one bottled it... our minds were well made up long before we voted.. and voted to stay...Our wee Nippy Sturgeoun does everything she can to pander to anyone who will listen to her drivel.. she lives in Brigadoon..giving us gaelic signs on the roads like Ireland.when hardly anyone speaks Gaelic.. it cost a fortune to change all these place names.. and just because she could... why not rename our country. Little Ireland...This asks if we are bored of her now....no we always were... and didnt listen to her either..https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...s-nationalism/

Last edited by dizzybint; 03-19-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 10:30 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
wasnt a case of bottling it Roscoe .. myself and many more Scots had no intention of breaking away from the rest of the Uk and never will.. this was the diehards the dreamers, the ones who had trotted into our country with their own issues.. it has nothing to do with loving Scotland believe me or if it was they wouldnt want Scotland in the fankle it would be on our own... no way do we want to leave.. and no one bottled it... our minds were well made up long before we voted.. and voted to stay...Our wee Nippy Sturgeoun does everything she can to pander to anyone who will listen to her drivel.. she lives in Brigadoon..giving us gaelic signs on the roads like Ireland.when hardly anyone speaks Gaelic.. it cost a fortune to change all these place names.. and just because she could... why not rename our country. Little Ireland...
I wouldn't have minded living in Brigadoon. But only with Cyd Charisse, not wee Jimmy Sturgeon.... When is that woman going to get a pair of shoes she can walk properly in?

Old 03-19-2019, 10:30 AM

754 posts, read 485,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I am all for a united Ireland, and hope many Irish in delight, go back to live there....... though I doubt it.
No they wont because those that have settled there obviously like living there and as I said in my previous posts have integrated and are likely to have British children.

But again you've deliberately decided to box all 380,000 Irish people who live in the UK as all one and another the same as if they all agree with that banner, but that's up to you.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
No they wont because those that have settled there obviously like living there and as I said in my previous posts have integrated and are likely to have British children.

But again you've deliberately decided to box all 380,000 Irish people who live in the UK as all one another the same and all agree with that banner, but that's up to you.
I don't ever see any English marching behind banners telling the Scots or Irish to get out......... do you? But we have to put up with it from the other direction. Just tired of it.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:34 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
I wouldn't have minded living in Brigadoon. But only with Cyd Charisse, not wee Jimmy Sturgeon.... When is that woman going to get a pair of shoes she can walk properly in?
hahahaah and stop wearing granny edge to edge suits... cant see Nippy flying through the heather kicking her heels up like Cyd...unless its in temper..

Old 03-19-2019, 11:10 AM

1,820 posts, read 1,164,252 times
Lived in England for a few years and found the people to be 'dead on'. I think the English are a tolerant people ( maybe too tolerant ). The IRA paraded one of theirs who had committed suicide by going on a hunger strike. They walked with black berets though the streets of London. Would the followers of Bin Laden or those who drove the planes into the towers be allowed to do the same in New York. Maybe they did and I missed it.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
Lived in England for a few years and found the people to be 'dead on'. I think the English are a tolerant people ( maybe too tolerant ). The IRA paraded one of theirs who had committed suicide by going on a hunger strike. They walked with black berets though the streets of London. Would the followers of Bin Laden or those who drove the planes into the towers be allowed to do the same in New York. Maybe they did and I missed it.
We English don't really dislike anybody, yet get plenty of dislike, or even hate pointed at us. I just return what I'm given. We are really nice people, but get a bad press from some.......

Even many ex colonists are fond of us......... I am proud to be English, and have always been so. Our influence on the world has been massive for such a small island. We always try and do the right thing. Doesn't always work out for the best, but the intent was there.........

Old 03-19-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
We English don't really dislike anybody, yet get plenty of dislike, or even hate pointed at us. I just return what I'm given. We are really nice people, but get a bad press from some.......

Even many ex colonists are fond of us......... I am proud to be English, and have always been so. Our influence on the world has been massive for such a small island. We always try and do the right thing. Doesn't always work out for the best, but the intent was there.........

That's it, maybe they are jealous of the English being so successful. Some sounded off about England going into Africa but so too did France,Spain,Portgual,Germany however England was the most successful. That's how it was in those days....

Doing the right thing yes but there are those who will never acknowledge that. They will keep complaining no matter what is done. Think they learn that at their mother's knee

Really enjoyed my time in England and they were all good guys I worked with. Remember going to the races with them and then into the pubs on our way home.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:08 PM

A 'mock-up' answer to England out of Ireland
Attached Thumbnails
Northern Ireland reunification with Republic of Ireland-get-out-ni.jpg  

Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,140 times
Apart from the nonsense of that banner in NYC re the British and Ireland I must compliment the Deputy Prime Minister of Ireland for expressing an attack on the associating. Good for him. I should also state that a boxer visiting over there sang a celebrating song which included support of the IRA.

It may well be for routine that the British Government indicates UK control over Ulster. It was due to that SF/IRA lot that were hell bent on what they wanted and caused the shut down of Stormont. When i think back to that damn fool Tony Blair forcing part of the UK to have a government system in the UK that included an automatic murderous terrorist automatically in control lot if makes me angry and sickened. Democracy? Head shaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom