Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 11:40 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You hated Margaret Thatcher, apparently not a fan of Nicola Sturgeon and also don't like Theresa May, are female politicians less popular in the UK?
Thatcher was very popular in parts of Britain. She didn't often visit beyond Watford though......... Theresa May....... waaaal, I just can't make my mind up about her. I do think she'll swing her handbag at the Europeans like Thatcher did. She might be the woman for the job. Sturgeon has qualities I guess. But, I think she is blinded by her desire for Scottish independence. I did notice her smile of pleasure at her welcome in Europe yesterday. She got her hand shook, and some photos taken. All that was missing was Juncker patting her on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 11:44 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Thatcher was very popular in parts of Britain. She didn't often visit beyond Watford though......... Theresa May....... waaaal, I just can't make my mind up about her. I do think she'll swing her handbag at the Europeans like Thatcher did. She might be the woman for the job. Sturgeon has qualities I guess. But, I think she is blinded by her desire for Scottish independence. I did notice her smile of pleasure at her welcome in Europe yesterday. She got her hand shook, and some photos taken. All that was missing was Juncker patting her on the head.
Ugh, I can't help but wince at your comments about women, sorry. I did see this:

Conservative party election odds: Theresa May huge favourite to be next PM and Tory Leader | London Evening Standard

As for Nicola Sturgeon, I think she is really charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwPd_D3y3Pk

Old 06-30-2016, 11:44 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Tonight BBC news showed a 2012 BBC interview with Michael Gove who said "I couldn't be prime minister. I'm not equipped to be prime minister. I don't want to be prime minister" Seems that he now seems to want to be prime minister very much.

I don't trust him, he stabbed his good friend David Cameron in the back, and now he done the same thing to his good mate Boris. I prefer May.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:54 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Tonight BBC news showed a 2012 BBC interview with Michael Gove who said "I couldn't be prime minister. I'm not equipped to be prime minister. I don't want to be prime minister" Seems that he now seems to want to be prime minister very much.

I don't trust him, he stabbed his good friend David Cameron in the back, and now he done the same thing to his good mate Boris. I prefer May.
Jeez its worse than the Ides of March..

Old 06-30-2016, 12:06 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
Poor Boris! He was used as the face of the Tory Leave campain, and now he has been dropped like a sack of **** by his back-stabbing 'friend' Gove! But that's politics for you, I guess.

I personally thought that he handled pre-referendum questions and debates really well. Not only is he highly intelligent and articulate, he is also popular with the public and can reach out to them like no-one else in the Tory party can.

But as others have said, the surprise of the Leave campaign actually succeeding, has seemed to have cast doubts on his ability to lead the Tory party, not just with his 'ally' Gove but within Boris himself.

I suppose they all have their own personal agendas going on, rather than seeing what's best for the Tory party and for a post-EU country.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Ugh, I can't help but wince at your comments about women, sorry. I did see this:
I'm unreconstructed.......... I do like some women. My wife, and Raquel Welch..........

Old 06-30-2016, 12:19 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I'm unreconstructed.......... I do like some women. My wife, and Raquel Welch..........
Who is Raquel Welsh?

Anyway, I think if Gove ever becomes PM I will definitely leave the country (honestly!)

He was a crap Education Minister, unpopular with the Front Benchers during that particular tenure; out of his depth as SSoJ; will shaft anyone or anything in order to promote himself as the cunning little weasel he truly is.

He reminds me of one of those bland capricious soulless tax inspectors from HMRC. As all the appeal of a wrinkled stocking left forgotten in the corner of some dusty dressing table drawer!

I detest, despise and loathe this guy with a screaming passion!

This man has danger written all over him!

If you thought Boris was 3 sarnies short of a picnic, this bloke is the empty picnic basket!

Old 06-30-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Who is Raquel Welsh?
Who is Raquel Welch........ Go to your room Zola....... until I say you can come out!

Old 06-30-2016, 01:01 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Just had a look at some tweets from the rich and famous on Boris..

Ewan McGregor sent a message to Mr Johnson over Twitter, posting: “You spineless c*** You lead this ludicrous campaign to leave EU. Win, and now f*** off to let someone else clear up your mess.”

Franz Ferdinand lead singer Alex Kapranos was equally as damning in his assessment of Mr Johnson’s decision.

He tweeted: “You will live the rest of your life under a shadow of regret and remorse. You insidious c***.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Just had a look at some tweets from the rich and famous on Boris..

Ewan McGregor sent a message to Mr Johnson over Twitter, posting: “You spineless c*** You lead this ludicrous campaign to leave EU. Win, and now f*** off to let someone else clear up your mess.”

Franz Ferdinand lead singer Alex Kapranos was equally as damning in his assessment of Mr Johnson’s decision.

He tweeted: “You will live the rest of your life under a shadow of regret and remorse. You insidious c***.
Oh dear....... but what Ewan says is true. I think Boris is done. Even down the line, this won't be forgotten. You start something like this, then you see it through. Sadly, the faults in his character have been revealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom