Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:16 PM

8,573 posts, read 8,586,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
USA here and it's on the brink of a racial civil war with terrorism peppered in here and there, at least according to the evening news (take with a grain of salt?). Country and rural environment is different though, rather stable.

I can't imagine the UK having that nonsense going on, so I say UK is probably fairing better.

Blacks leave the UK to live in the USA to get a better life. Almost no blacks leave the USA to move to the UK for a better life.

Guess which country offers more opportunities for educated blacks.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:18 PM

733 posts, read 605,355 times
At this point, the U.K is a better country.

But Donald Trump will make America great again.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:38 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Blacks leave the UK to live in the USA to get a better life. Almost no blacks leave the USA to move to the UK for a better life.

Guess which country offers more opportunities for educated blacks.
My family has no intention of leaving the UK for the US, they're 'black', isn't there a LOT of tension in the US because 'white' police officers keep shooting 'black' men? Is that a 'better life'?

Old 07-16-2016, 04:01 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,349,454 times
the usa is doing far better than anywhere in europe economically right now and that difference will widen going forward , the outlook for europe going forward is very uncertain

Old 07-16-2016, 04:15 AM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the usa is doing far better than anywhere in europe economically right now and that difference will widen going forward , the outlook for europe going forward is very uncertain
To be honest the question wasn't about 'Europe', I think economically there are BIG variations across Europe itself too.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:33 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,130,589 times
Quote:

I wouldn't go that far!

Both countries might have stable growth, but both countries have crippling national debts to pay for, with the USA currently $22tn in debt to its international creditors!

The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2016 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk

The US National Debt Clock 2016 Counter >> theusdebtclock.com

Old 07-16-2016, 07:22 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,349,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
I wouldn't go that far!

Both countries might have stable growth, but both countries have crippling national debts to pay for, with the USA currently $22tn in debt to its international creditors!

The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2016 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk

The US National Debt Clock 2016 Counter >> theusdebtclock.com
the usa has unique power to deal with its debt issue , the dollar is a political weapon

Old 07-16-2016, 08:32 AM

969 posts, read 828,821 times
Quote:
the usa has unique power to deal with its debt issue , the dollar is a political weapon
And its biggest Achilles Heel.

http://pro.strategicinvestment.com/N...DPS610/?h=true

Old 07-16-2016, 08:43 AM

12,984 posts, read 13,445,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think the UK is on the way up. It make take a while but you are on the way up.

I think the US is on the way down. Waaaaay down. TWELVE MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! And even the progressives do not want this. We want immigrants who are documented, who are not bringing in diseases and drugs, not putting a strain on our pathetic health care system, and our schools, not stealing the ids of American citizens.

We have no good choice for President and Vice President. Trump may get in due to fear of terrorism but he hasn't a brain in his head. His VP is against women's rights and loves guns. Hillary might be better but then we're stuck with the illegals and any new ones are more than welcome if it's left up to her.

Racism and hatred are on the rise. Police are killing black people for no reason--except I do understand that they are stressed out. Rioting in the streets as a result. Then more killings.
I thought this race issue had been settled back in the 19th century.

The National Rifle Association is rich, pays the politicians, and goes against the will of the people. How can you ever feel safe if the average citizen could be walking along the street carrying a gun?

Young people here can't afford a college education yet a college education is required for most jobs. Who's going to do anything about that? No one.

We have an enormous gap between rich and poor and the rich are just getting richer. No one is going to do anything about that either.

There is anger and hatred in this country like I have never seen before. Ever. It's starting to boil over. No matter who wins this election (we have to wait until November!) there will be anger and hatred and no solutions to the issues. This is like the fall of the Roman Empire.
Hyperbole much? lol

The useful idiots wanted Hope & Change. Well, they got it - but it looks like it wasn't the kind they thought he was going to bring. Neither candidate will fix anything, especially Hillary as she is a part of the corrupt neocon crony Wall Street crowd who already has sold out to the foreign manipulators.

I don't have a clue about what the average Brit thinks of their own situation.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:59 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,192,713 times
Quote:
Police are killing black people for no reason
No, police are killing whites, blacks and every other race because they are armed and committing violent crimes. In a very rare number of cases the cops shoot an unarmed person because he won't follow commands and reaches into his pocket or waistband. In an even rarer number of cases the cops actually shoot someone unlawfully. It is not a common occurrence.

Quote:
How can you ever feel safe if the average citizen could be walking along the street carrying a gun?
Quite easily, actually, because the average citizen is neither a criminal nor a murderer. I have a license to carry and I'm a threat to no one. I live in Texas and I feel perfectly safe, even though the old lady in the checkout line in front of me might have a pistol in her purse. Good for her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom