Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 04:58 PM

52 posts, read 114,723 times

Advertisements

I recognize their are many similar issues, and of course many different ones. But overall, which has a better outlook as of now.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:59 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,192,713 times
We're both doing fine. They're great countries.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:49 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,676,228 times
I don't know. Every time I reach out to a UK recruiter in an attempt to obtain sponsorship a super duper rosy picture is always painted.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,089,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhouse View Post
despite the racial tensions and the fractured political situation in the US, the UK is doing FAR worse on acccount of our collapsed political situation and the turmoil of brexit,
That's not going to last for ever though.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:16 PM

14,834 posts, read 12,112,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
We're both doing fine. They're great countries.
This exactly, forget what AmaroW says, if you live in either country then you are one of the luckier ones on the planet.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:51 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,064,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
I don't know. Every time I reach out to a UK recruiter in an attempt to obtain sponsorship a super duper rosy picture is always painted.
You expect a recruiter to be truthful?

Old 07-15-2016, 05:04 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,853,293 times
I think the UK is on the way up. It make take a while but you are on the way up.

I think the US is on the way down. Waaaaay down. TWELVE MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! And even the progressives do not want this. We want immigrants who are documented, who are not bringing in diseases and drugs, not putting a strain on our pathetic health care system, and our schools, not stealing the ids of American citizens.

We have no good choice for President and Vice President. Trump may get in due to fear of terrorism but he hasn't a brain in his head. His VP is against women's rights and loves guns. Hillary might be better but then we're stuck with the illegals and any new ones are more than welcome if it's left up to her.

Racism and hatred are on the rise. Police are killing black people for no reason--except I do understand that they are stressed out. Rioting in the streets as a result. Then more killings.
I thought this race issue had been settled back in the 19th century.

The National Rifle Association is rich, pays the politicians, and goes against the will of the people. How can you ever feel safe if the average citizen could be walking along the street carrying a gun?

Young people here can't afford a college education yet a college education is required for most jobs. Who's going to do anything about that? No one.

We have an enormous gap between rich and poor and the rich are just getting richer. No one is going to do anything about that either.

There is anger and hatred in this country like I have never seen before. Ever. It's starting to boil over. No matter who wins this election (we have to wait until November!) there will be anger and hatred and no solutions to the issues. This is like the fall of the Roman Empire.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:08 PM

27,529 posts, read 13,741,741 times
The US and UK will now be able to strike up a trade deal and trade more freely in the future, which will be to both our advantages.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:13 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,219,510 times
USA here and it's on the brink of a racial civil war with terrorism peppered in here and there, at least according to the evening news (take with a grain of salt?). Country and rural environment is different though, rather stable.

I can't imagine the UK having that nonsense going on, so I say UK is probably fairing better.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
TWELVE MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! And even the progressives do not want this. We want immigrants who are documented, who are not bringing in diseases and drugs, not putting a strain on our pathetic health care system, and our schools, not stealing the ids of American citizens.
The truth and well said! I'm in Texas and see it first hand. It seems that the only people outraged at it are the people who still love the USA. I'm okay with immigration, but I would prefer people who want to come here and join in the American Dream of building a great life and a great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom