Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 04:04 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,581,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
That's what air conditioning and swimming pools are for.
Yes drinking freezing cold beers and then skinny dipping

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 04:27 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,192,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes drinking freezing cold beers and then skinny dipping
My neighbors wouldn't want to see me naked, but we definitely drink a lot of cold beer. When it's over 100F (38C) it's hard to keep your beer cold, so we all have one of these contraptions. It'll keep a 12-ounce can or bottle of beer cold even when the outside of it is hot enough to burn your hand. No more choking down (or pouring out) the last few sips of a beer in the summertime heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW3ZQUJT8C0

Old 08-04-2016, 04:31 PM

308 posts, read 238,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Aye up ian

Yes LOL!.... I was and inch away from moving to Texas ( Corpus Christi... On the beach �� ) for work..... But unfortunately fell through and I done some research on Texas...... Doing scaffolding for 10 hours a day would certainly have got me fit!!!!..... Even with the cheap beer and the " everything is bigger in Texas " slogan hanging over me with the food there

I've had a look at other major cities but I'm not too familiar with the above mentioned but I've only physically been to Florida .... And loved it

I know the climate varies but that's another draw about it for me.. As you have everything there plus the nature side of things.... Which surprisingly you just won't get in London LOL

Can I ask why you hated Atlanta and what do you mean about them being defensive? What in general?

To be honest if that's the case I think everyone has a sense of patriotism and feel the need to be defensive... We are but I do know there's a difference with being defensive and overly defensive.. ( but the ones I've met even on here are brilliant and a joy to know in general)

Wouldnt fancy 10 hours scaffolding in Texas style heat.I went to San Antonio when i was 9.My Nans cousin lived there and was married to a Texan,she was actually quite a bit nearer to my Mums age,so we went for a holiday.My Mum did investigate into emigrating but she met my stepdad so it didnt happen.I cant say i regret it,sadly ive suffered with bad depression quite a lot of my life,and in 2009,i completely lost the plot and ended up in a psychiatric hospital.

The upshot is,im bipolar.sometimes im ok but much of the time im not.America isnt exactly known for its care of the mentally ill,it isnt that wonderful over here but you can get help.In America they leave you to rot unless you have the cash.Ive seen it with my own eyes.

Wyoming is lovely,mountains,lakes,forest the lot.Home to Yellowstone,ive actually been to part of it.Saw quite a few Bison,they look placid just grazing but theyre the biggest killers there.Also saw a small group of Coyotes.No Bears or Wolves though but you got to be lucky.

As for Atlanta,i went for a month with a previous job.now you may say a month isnt long enough to know somewhere and it probably isnt.Just about everywhere i went i got nasty staredowns,and vile remarks from blacks.Now it was far from even a majority,but it was certainly more than an occasional thing.In the end i stopped going places unless i had to.I did ask the girl on hotel reception,who was a lovely black girl,why Atlanta was like it and nowhere else.

She said "Its due to those who came in the 50s and early 60s who came from further south believing equal rights would never come,and came with a lasting hate and bitterness which has trickled down to the next generations"

While Atlanta,by its own museums,was hardly the most equal place you had ever seen,the seperate drinking fountain stuff didnt happen there.Just seperate seating at restaraunts and the like.Awful though that is.Strangely Atlanta is now Americas 2nd most segregated city,all done by choice of course.Even stranger ive been in Alabama and a small part of Mississippi,where civil rights were bad,and had nothing but pleasantness from everyone.

As for defensive on here ive seen one or two debates on whats the best city and the like, and the Atlantans jump down peoples throats.you always get the odd few who defend their city too much but it seems to me Atlanta has quite a lot.If you ever meet an Atlantan outside of there,they flat out deny any racial problem.

Im no racist by far,but too long in Atlanta might do it.

As for London wildlife,there are tons of pigeons(not kept by men in flat caps either) and the tube has loads of mice running around the rails

Last edited by Ian Loves Dogs; 08-04-2016 at 04:39 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 04:34 PM

298 posts, read 278,176 times
it has gotten much tougher to move to the UK since the referendum, teach British literature and moving to that place where you got the literature information is fun, I can't see how they wouldn't accept you and you not qualifying for British visa.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
My neighbors wouldn't want to see me naked, but we definitely drink a lot of cold beer. When it's over 100F (38C) it's hard to keep your beer cold, so we all have one of these contraptions. It'll keep a 12-ounce can or bottle of beer cold even when the outside of it is hot enough to burn your hand. No more choking down (or pouring out) the last few sips of a beer in the summertime heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW3ZQUJT8C0
I've got a foam one ( never used as I'm only a social drinker )

But a 99 minutes and 59 seconds ( to be precise )..... Only the 59 secs would suffice in THAT heat to down one

Old 08-04-2016, 04:37 PM

308 posts, read 238,910 times
I shall add for the record i didnt particularly like the whites in Atlanta either.They had a look down your nose attitude.Really odd people in general.

I saw Atlanta housewives just the once.You should watch it.Nobody can speak a proper sentence without subtitles.Its so true!!!

Old 08-04-2016, 04:38 PM

298 posts, read 278,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
I shall add for the record i didnt particularly like the whites in Atlanta either.They had a look down your nose attitude.Really odd people in general.

I saw Atlanta housewives just the once.You should watch it.Nobody can speak a proper sentence without subtitles.Its so true!!!
What is look down your nose attitude? I'm guessing this adventure you had in Atlanta was similar to one a person could ever have if they were living in Toronto Canada.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,192,501 times
Quote:
I went to San Antonio when i was 9.
I live in San Antonio. It's currently 98F (37C) with a "feels like" temperature of 105F (41C) -- just another summer day in Texas. We have coyotes, too. My former neighbors just moved away to Colorado and had a bear in their garage this week.

Atlanta can be dicey in certain parts of the city and I've had less than stellar service at the airport, but outside of the city people are much friendlier.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Wouldnt fancy 10 hours scaffolding in Texas style heat.I went to San Antonio when i was 9.My Nans cousin lived there and was married to a Texan,she was actually quite a bit nearer to my Mums age,so we went for a holiday.My Mum did investigate into emigrating but she might my stepdad so it didnt happen.I cant say i regret it,sadly ive suffered with bad depression quite a lot of my life,and in 2009,i completely lostt he plot and ended up in a psychiatric hospital.

The upshot is,im bipolar.sometimes im ok but much of the time im not.America isnt exactly known for its care of the mentally ill,it isnt that wonderful over here but you can get help.In America they leave you to rot unless you have the cash.Ive seen it with my own eyes.

Wyoming is lovely,mountains,lakes,forest the lot.Home to Yellowstone,ive actually been to part of it.Saw quite a few Bison,they look placid just grazing but theyre the biggest killers there.Also saw a small group of Coyotes.No Bears or Wolves though but you got to be lucky.

As for Atlanta,i went for a month with a previous job.now you may say a month isnt long enough to know somewhere and it probably isnt.Just about everywhere i went i got nasty staredowns,and vile remarks from blacks.Now it was far from even a majority,but it was certainly more than an occasional thing.In the end i stopped going places unless i had to.I did ask the girl on hotel reception,who was a lovely black girl,why Atlanta was like it and nowhere else.

She said "Its due to those who came in the 50s and early 60s who came from further south believing equal rights would never come,and came with a lasting hate and bitterness which has trickled down to the next generations"

While Atlanta,by its own museums,was hardly the most equal place you had ever seen,the seperate drinking fountain stuff didnt happen there.Just seperate seating at restaraunts and the like.Awful though that is.Strangely Atlanta is now Americas 2nd most segregated city,all done by choice of course.Even stranger ive been in Alabama and a small part of Mississippi,where civil rights were bad,and had nothing but pleasantness from everyone.

As for defensive on here ive seen one or two debates on whats the best city and the like, and the Atlantans jump down peoples throats.you always get the odd few who defend their city too much but it seems to me Atlanta has quite a lot.If you ever meet an Atlantan outside of there,they flat out deny any racial problem.

Im no racist by far,but too long in Atlanta might do it.

As for London wildlife,there are tons of pigeons(not kept by men in flat caps either) and the tube has loads of mice running around the rails

Oh my I'm sorry to hear of your troubles mate both in Atlanta and yourself

That was one thing that's a major turn off for me is the medical treatment..... I'm sure it's top notch but the money it costs is unbelievable.... And I'm not at all surprised many UK medics move there as the bread is much more enticing than the NHS

I'd assume that medical insurance would cost a bit as well?... Plus I'm in and out with injuries and have the scars/X-Ray's to prove it mainly down to work.

Because of my time on the relationship forum I've been informed of the race thing and it's heartbreaking and certainly doesn't interest me in the slightest as a mans a man and a woman is a woman end of.... I take people by face value and nothing more

The landscaped nature looks amazing and I think I'd kill to see most that they could offer

LOL problem is...... I run a mile when i see a bee or a wasp .... But a bear and a wolf?.. LOL

Thank you for posting ^^^^ Ian it's very informative

Old 08-04-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
What is look down your nose attitude? I'm guessing this adventure you had in Atlanta was similar to one a person could ever have if they were living in Toronto Canada.
You get that in London and probably any major city in the world mate

But it won't be ALL people thankfully
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom