Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 08:36 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,787,266 times

Advertisements

I don’t understand all these news about Meghan and Harry. Really nobody cares. I didn’t care that much about Princess Diana either. Really, It’s become too much.

Last edited by NewbieHere; 10-22-2018 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,083,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don’t understand all these news about Meghan and Harry. Really nobody cares. I didn’t care that much about Princess Diana either. Really, It’s become too much.

That's to be expected that you wouldn't understand though, and that it's too much for you, since you don't live in a monarchy, you live in a country that is a republic. Monarchies are probably meaningless to you but it's incorrect for you to say that nobody cares. You don't care, but people who live in monarchies do care about their royal families. Many people who live in republics often can't understand the way people who live in monarchies may feel loyalty and pride about their royal families and like to talk about them.

If you were to read all the threads about monarchies and check the locations of all the people who post in them, you'd see that nearly all of the negative and disrespectful comments that get posted come from people who live in republics (usually it's always from the same republic too). That has happened in this congratulatory thread about a baby too, as usual, and the negative comments have come from party-poopers who live in the same republic, again as usual.

I don't understand why they bother. People who live in monarchies aren't interested in the criticism and disapproval from republicans who don't understand or know about monarchies and the people's royal families. Why should the monarchists care about what disapproving republicans think? It's not like it's going to make any difference to them except to create hard feelings and a sense of disgust.

Last edited by Zoisite; 10-23-2018 at 01:51 AM..

Old 10-23-2018, 03:30 AM

18,542 posts, read 18,789,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That's to be expected that you wouldn't understand though, and that it's too much for you, since you don't live in a monarchy, you live in a country that is a republic. Monarchies are probably meaningless to you but it's incorrect for you to say that nobody cares. You don't care, but people who live in monarchies do care about their royal families. Many people who live in republics often can't understand the way people who live in monarchies may feel loyalty and pride about their royal families and like to talk about them.

If you were to read all the threads about monarchies and check the locations of all the people who post in them, you'd see that nearly all of the negative and disrespectful comments that get posted come from people who live in republics (usually it's always from the same republic too). That has happened in this congratulatory thread about a baby too, as usual, and the negative comments have come from party-poopers who live in the same republic, again as usual.

I don't understand why they bother. People who live in monarchies aren't interested in the criticism and disapproval from republicans who don't understand or know about monarchies and the people's royal families. Why should the monarchists care about what disapproving republicans think? It's not like it's going to make any difference to them except to create hard feelings and a sense of disgust.

I was told to take the birth of Prince Louie off a Scottish site Im on as it might cause friction hahaha honestly its laughable.. to argue over the birth of a lovely baby to a nice couple..but then some here in Scotland would rather make it into Little Ireland and thats the truth....they boast about the SNP and independence when its only hatred of the English. what a sad lot........for this Scot I aint moving Im British first and always will be... and I love our Queen..

Old 10-23-2018, 04:00 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,083,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post

........for this Scot I aint moving Im British first and always will be... and I love our Queen...

Good for you. Well, where I live we hold our Queen of Canada (Elizabeth II) and her royal family in very high regard too. I just love the Queen all to little bits and pieces and think she's as cute as the cat's pajamas. And as far as I'm concerned, if something or somebody is good enough for the Queen and her family then it's good enough for me too, and that includes her approval of whoever her grandchildren choose to marry. I'm tickled pink with the beautiful, spirited women that both William and Harry have fallen in love with and married, and that goes for Eugenie and her new husband too. I wish nothing but the best for all of them, and for the successful continuance of the 16 respective monarchies of Elizabeth's Commonwealth Realms.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:34 PM

937 posts, read 745,480 times
Meghan has got to drop this feud with Dad Markle! That poor man is driving a beater Volvo down in Mexico with the hub caps falling off and she has completely cast off her elderly, ailing father from her life! She spoke so glowingly of him in the past all over social media and now it looks like he will never meet his grandchild or Harry. Something seems rotten in the state of Denmark with this whole Dad Markle situation! That's as harsh as it gets to cut your own once beloved father from your life ESPECIALLY in his elder years!!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:39 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,919,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Meghan has got to drop this feud with Dad Markle! That poor man is driving a beater Volvo down in Mexico with the hub caps falling off and she has completely cast off her elderly, ailing father from her life! She spoke so glowingly of him in the past all over social media and now it looks like he will never meet his grandchild or Harry. Something seems rotten in the state of Denmark with this whole Dad Markle situation! That's as harsh as it gets to cut your own once beloved father from your life ESPECIALLY in his elder years!!
Plenty of blame on both sides, it would appear. His on again, off again wishy-washiness about walking her down the aisle or even attending the wedding could not have been easy for Meghan to deal with, and his selling of personal photos and later verbal indiscretions in paid interviews were embarrassingly beyond the pale.

That said, it would be helpful if some financial support for Mr. Markle, or perhaps a new car already paid for plus paid-up utilities and an allowance for the next year or so, were discretely provided.

Sad situation all around, though.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:17 PM

937 posts, read 745,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
His on again, off again wishy-washiness about walking her down the aisle or even attending the wedding could not have been easy for Meghan to deal with, and his selling of personal photos and later verbal indiscretions in paid interviews were embarrassingly beyond the pale..
I wouldn't have expected my elderly father in poor health to just hop a plane over to London and show up for a world wide televised wedding, and then on the cuff, mingle with the British Royal Family. It's absurd to think he would have been able to pull that off as he would have needed a lot of carefully planned accommodations to get through all the events. No wonder he waffled back and forth and was hesitant to do it. He understandably feared making a fool of himself and his family.

As for the selling of personal photos, he made that misstep but the Royals have made far worse ones and been excused, and so I think Mr. Markle can be forgiven for his relatively minor blunder...no real harm done. I think by the time those interviews rolled around, he was justifiably hurt and offended for being treated so poorly and dismissively by his daughter and Harry. He was being hounded and invaded by the media and he just put up with it, and her brother attempted to get her to intervene and she ignored him.

This is the father that she repeatedly posted so glowingly about on social media and now he has been completely cast out of her life in his elder years due to a few missteps. Huge, red glaring flag for her having narcissistic personality disorder. Narcissists pounce on reasons to discard others like trash when they are no longer useful to them.

Time will tell and things will unfold to reflect the underlying reality of the situation regardless of how rosy the surface appears. We only have to sit back and continue to observe.

Last edited by Chloe333; 10-24-2018 at 07:41 PM..

Old 10-24-2018, 08:04 PM

165 posts, read 115,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
That said, it would be helpful if some financial support for Mr. Markle, or perhaps a new car already paid for plus paid-up utilities and an allowance for the next year or so, were discretely provided.

Sad situation all around, though.
It could never be discreetly provided because as soon as Meghan and Harry give him money and bought him a new car, he’d run to the tabloids to provide them full details. The bottom line is he can’t be trusted and he obviously doesn’t have her best interests at heart as evidenced by his ongoing relationship with the tabloids.

Some family members over time (and some times from the onset) are toxic and it is best to cut them out of your life no matter who they are. I suspect Meghan has always had an up and down relationship with her father over the years, and it’s clear that she has never been close to her step siblings. It’s unfortunate that her dating and subsequent marriage to Harry has exacerbated what seems to have been an already challenging relationship between her and her father.

BOT - Her belly seems to be growing by the day.Lol. Ever since they announced her pregnancy it seems to have become more obvious. Thus far, she seems to be handling the tour well. She gave a wonderful speech in Fiji (?) at the University about the importance of educating women and has not yet cancelled an engagement due to tiredness. She is refraining from wearing heels so much though which I’m sure helps some with reducing expending so much energy.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:11 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,264,542 times
I’m not in the UK but I couldn’t be happier! I’ve found the royals fascinating since Diana was in the news.
I don’t know why the Brits get so up in arms about people not liking the royals. People will always find something to be bitter about the important thing is that they are paying attention especially the ones who say they don’t care.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:01 PM

1,139 posts, read 466,345 times
Can I say Chloe333 that I am not utterly convinced that Mr Merkle is at a beggar levelit she way he himself has become. Nobody really expected him over here due to his health and any issues are as much if not more at his corner. Because someone is a father it does not automatically mean that he wil remain above routine life. A family i am close to had a father whom they had a normal regard for but as he got older he started surprisingly to them change and get them sighing and occasionally head shaking.

The prince did well getting that pretty woman and i will try exceedingly not to get jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom