Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 02:11 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,043,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokta View Post
They also conclude he broke the lock down rules.....
They concluded that he 'may' have broken the rules lol. In other words if we insert that little gem into our statement it 'may' be enough to keep the 'mob' off of our backs! :-)

Old 05-28-2020, 02:19 PM

27,211 posts, read 13,502,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
does that mean he can zoom up and down to Durham every weekend.
The UK wasn't on a total lockdown in the way Italy was, and police were allowed to use discretion in relation to emergencies, whilst any breaches had to be in relation to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 which is the actual law as passed by Parliament, and this is different to actual general guidance and advice to stay at home as issued by the Government.

Durham Constabulary issued the following statement -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham Constabulary press statement - Dominic Cummings

​On 27 March 2020, Dominic Cummings drove to Durham to self-isolate in a property owned by his father.

Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father’s premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020. (We are concerned here with breaches of the Regulations, not the general Government guidance to “stay at home”.)

On 12 April 2020, Mr Cummings drove approximately 26 miles from his father’s property to Barnard Castle with his wife and son. He stated on 25 May 2020 that the purpose of this drive was to test his resilience to drive to London the following day, including whether his eyesight was sufficiently recovered, his period of self-isolation having ended.

Durham Constabulary have examined the circumstances surrounding the journey to Barnard Castle (including ANPR, witness evidence and a review of Mr Cummings’ press conference on 25 May 2020) and have concluded that there might have been a minor breach of the Regulations that would have warranted police intervention. Durham Constabulary view this as minor because there was no apparent breach of social distancing.

Had a Durham Constabulary police officer stopped Mr Cummings driving to or from Barnard Castle, the officer would have spoken to him, and, having established the facts, likely advised Mr Cummings to return to the address in Durham, providing advice on the dangers of travelling during the pandemic crisis. Had this advice been accepted by Mr Cummings, no enforcement action would have been taken.

In line with Durham Constabulary’s general approach throughout the pandemic, there is no intention to take retrospective action in respect of the Barnard Castle incident since this would amount to treating Mr Cummings differently from other members of the public. Durham Constabulary has not taken retrospective action against any other person.

By way of further context, Durham Constabulary has followed Government guidance on management of alleged breaches of the regulations with the emphasis on the NPCC and College of Policing 4Es: Engage, Explain and Encourage before Enforcement.

Finally, commentary in the media has suggested that Mr Cummings was in Durham on 19 April 2020. Mr Cummings denies this and Durham Constabulary have seen insufficient evidence to support this allegation.

Therefore Durham Constabulary will take no further action in this matter and has informed Mr Cummings of this decision.

Durham Constabulary press statement - Dominic Cummings

Old 05-28-2020, 02:34 PM

27,211 posts, read 13,502,497 times
The Guardian Story that Mr Cummings was spotted back in Durham on 19 April, days after he was photographed in London, has no credibility accotding to the police statement, and the police interviwed witneeses and looked at all the evidence.

In other words a lot of this was allegedly made up by the media including the Guardian in the hope of discredting Cummings with unproven allegations that on investigation turned out to have no merit.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:38 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,516,941 times
What hasn't surprised me is the way the media - specifically the BBC and Sky - have wheeled out all these people to pontificate that haven't been seen since they lost their parliamentary seats and/or Brexit last December.
Names I thought had quietly disappearing into the background.
Anna Soubry, Gina Miller,Sarah Woollaston,Jolyon Maugham,Amber Rudd,Nick Boles.
It's almost like they're trying to get the band back together for one last tour.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:32 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,714,286 times
I'm not going to speculate on your rules, but there seems to be a major bit of poor judgement involved with this that's falling through the cracks.

If both parents thought that they had Covid 19, did neither have the presence of mind to realize that the child would be contaminated with their Covid cooties? So wouldn't the elderly grandparents be the very last people on the face of the earth to take themselves and the contaminated child?

It just seems odd that these people knew no one reliable and trustworthy to take the contaminated child to. Remember if they had Covid, the kid is definitely contaminated with their Covid cooties. They would likely recover. The kid would likely recover. Grandma and Grandpa? Not so much.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:46 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,280,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I'm not going to speculate on your rules, but there seems to be a major bit of poor judgement involved with this that's falling through the cracks.

If both parents thought that they had Covid 19, did neither have the presence of mind to realize that the child would be contaminated with their Covid cooties? So wouldn't the elderly grandparents be the very last people on the face of the earth to take themselves and the contaminated child?

It just seems odd that these people knew no one reliable and trustworthy to take the contaminated child to. Remember if they had Covid, the kid is definitely contaminated with their Covid cooties. They would likely recover. The kid would likely recover. Grandma and Grandpa? Not so much.
Maybe the grandparents were the only ones who would take him. I mean I have friends with kids, but if they said "Hey I think I've got COVID, can you look after Danny for me for a couple of weeks?" I'd be politely declining, nosiree Bob, Danny's got the cooties too, I can live without the aggravation. I don't even look after friends pets when they're on vacation.

But if they're family (and I'm in the unusual position of having no kids, nor have my siblings), the rejection is harder, especially if they're your direct descendants.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:56 AM

434 posts, read 248,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

They had a choice of self isolating for two weeks either in small London pad or an estate with a view and a private wood. They went for the most comfortable option.

Their 17 year old niece lives on the same estate and was apparently going to provide child care & they had some converstions at a distance with his parents that must have been nice.

In his own words he spent no time or effort looking for London childcare presumably because he preferred the idea of abit more space up north.

They then go on a jolly day out for his wife's birthday before heading back down to London.

Not the crime of the century but hardly someone who should be heading up government policy.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:02 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Maybe the grandparents were the only ones who would take him. I mean I have friends with kids, but if they said "Hey I think I've got COVID, can you look after Danny for me for a couple of weeks?" I'd be politely declining, nosiree Bob, Danny's got the cooties too, I can live without the aggravation. I don't even look after friends pets when they're on vacation.

But if they're family (and I'm in the unusual position of having no kids, nor have my siblings), the rejection is harder, especially if they're your direct descendants.
Cummings said his sister and niece would mind their son in Durham not the grandparents.. he was careful enough to remember the rule.....probably his own of older people being more at risk.oh hes thought it all out before his speech in the Rose Garden where he turned up half an hour late keeping the journalists all waiting..nice touch Dom..always in control of the situation a real narcissist to the end..

Old 05-29-2020, 02:10 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,280,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Cummings said his sister and niece would mind their son in Durham not the grandparents.. he was careful enough to remember the rule.....probably his own of older people being more at risk.oh hes thought it all out before his speech in the Rose Garden where he turned up half an hour late keeping the journalists all waiting..nice touch Dom..always in control of the situation a real narcissist to the end..
Well then there you go.

You now just have to prove that a guy in close proximity to the UK prime minister who was hospitalized in ICU for a week shortly after this, didn't have COVID-19, or risk having it, and needed his 4 year old looked after in case the worst happened.

Good luck with that.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:52 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well then there you go.

You now just have to prove that a guy in close proximity to the UK prime minister who was hospitalized in ICU for a week shortly after this, didn't have COVID-19, or risk having it, and needed his 4 year old looked after in case the worst happened.

Good luck with that.
oh well thats it sorted hahahaha..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom