Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 AM

16,729 posts, read 17,505,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
I am flying out with them on the 29th on an American airlines booking (codeshare) Glasgow - Heathrow - Dallas - Birmingham.

I have no idea what I can do if my BA flight gets cancelled

Greedy sods, they earn more than the average nurse (when I graduate I wont even earn close to that) and we work much harder than them, just doesn't seem fair. They should be grateful that they still have a job but with the way BA is heading I can bet they will regret this when they have no job.

I was a dispatcher for BA for years, they can't let this happen folks.

You could catch a coach or get a train from Glasgow to Birmingham.

Seriously, I do hope that things get resolved soon.

Ever since the days of Lord King I've had contempt for the management of BA but this time round the cabin crew need to face reality.

The footage of the crew members cheering when the ballot result was announced did them no favours whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 12:37 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,970,558 times
Quote:
Yeah and I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen as I am flying on an American Airlines ticket on a BA operated flight from Glasgow - London then the U.S onwards.
Scotslass ... American operates its own planes out of London and into New York, Chicago and probably Dallas. If this strike goes ahead and given that you are on an AA ticket, you may be able to reroute onto their planes. Then you just have to get to London which isn't too difficult.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM

114 posts, read 536,894 times
Err, I'm one of those affected by this British Airways potential strike. I've been waiting for days to hear. If I book on a different airline, and BA doesn't go on strike and my BA flight goes as normal, I lose the money that I've paid on my BA ticket. I could rebook my BA ticket, but only for the exact same routing as I currently have (I had asked if I could be credited the money and use it for different BA flights throughout the year but was told, "No!"). I asked if I could change the rebooked ticket dates down the line, when the new dates get closer and clearer, and was told by BA today, "Why yes, you could do that but the normal change fee would apply for that second change." (which is expensive!). I mean seriously, who can figure out when to go on a vacation with 5 adult family members sometime in the future!!!

Yup, I'm screwed. I've booked our family of 5 all on British Airway going to Athens from December 23rd to the 30th. We're all coming from different locations, one from Edinburgh, two from London and two from Dublin. I keep checking the news and nothing.

Err, I'm angry.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,130,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Scotslass ... American operates its own planes out of London and into New York, Chicago and probably Dallas. If this strike goes ahead and given that you are on an AA ticket, you may be able to reroute onto their planes. Then you just have to get to London which isn't too difficult.
Surely I will get a refund if they strike and my flight gets cancelled?

I have booked bus tickets just incase.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:48 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,255,685 times
Quote:
Surely I will get a refund if they strike and my flight gets cancelled?

I have booked bus tickets just incase.

If you have booked and paid with American Airlines then it is them that you have purchased the flight with. BA are a third party - if they strike, I'm sure AA will reroute one of their own fleet, but they will have to sort it out for you. I'd call them anyway just to be sure.

I'm flying United on Christmas eve - I've always avoided BA like the plague!!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,308,838 times
I have to say that the whole strike is unbelievably selfish and short sighted. Would they like the airline to go under? Then they can go get jobs at 1/2 of the salary with Ryanair or Flybe perhaps? They all deserve to be sacked. Seriously. They are an unbelievably greedy lot that don't give a toss about the people they are screwing over or their company which is struggling to keep its head above water. For shame!

Old 12-17-2009, 09:41 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,130,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
If you have booked and paid with American Airlines then it is them that you have purchased the flight with. BA are a third party - if they strike, I'm sure AA will reroute one of their own fleet, but they will have to sort it out for you. I'd call them anyway just to be sure.
I will get in touch with them and see what they come up with, not sure how they are going to get me from Glasgow - London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I'm flying United on Christmas eve - I've always avoided BA like the plague!!
I don't blame you, I regret not booking with Continental or KLM!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 AM

8,825 posts, read 7,345,952 times
maybe the intention is to go bankrupt ...could be a sly plan...they were the best years ago, I loved flying with them. Now they're saying maybe a strike could be prevented if proven it's illegal...some who voted to have the strike no longer work for BA...

Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,174,180 times
the news is the strike is off as it has been declared illegal/unconstitutional by the court.

I hate using BA we have had problems 4 times - I ended up taking them to court and winning !

virgin are far better

Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM

8,825 posts, read 7,345,952 times
just saw on BBC news strike has been called off by judge....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom