Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 AM

173 posts, read 315,040 times

Advertisements

So I take it that ChrisC is unhappy and everyone else is happy that (at least on the Wasatch Front) that we're missing out on most of the great 2011 blizzard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,974,602 times
I am not happy. I am ecstatic!! Now to just get through the rest of the winter!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I am not happy. I am ecstatic!! Now to just get through the rest of the winter!
We have now reached the mid-point of winter. That's great, of course, but when I think that we still have the potential for snow for another eleven or twelve weeks, I wonder how I'm going to make it!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
The wind was so strong this morning that it blew over my garbage can, right into the automatic gate opener and tore the arm off the post! That's the first time that has happened in over 5 yrs of having the opener.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:05 PM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
So I take it that ChrisC is unhappy and everyone else is happy that (at least on the Wasatch Front) that we're missing out on most of the great 2011 blizzard?
Well, I'm not really a fan of strong winds in the winter or summer. I could do without that. But, hey, as far as the temps today (it says 18 outside the window), this is really about the highest temp I'd like to see all through the winter until spring. Jogging was great today; this is the way winter is supposed to be! We could use some more snow, though. Too bad winter temps like this are so hit and miss in Utah (although the Vernal area is consistently this cold through most of the winter). So, give me a day like this (minus the wind) with fog or stratus cloud cover and some ice crystals in the air... and I'm all smiles.

So to answer the question, actually I'm pretty happy with the temperatures today. It's supposed to be slightly colder tomorrow--I'll be even happier. Problem is it never really lasts long enough... and now each day ticking along brings us closer to the "sweating season," lethargy/reduced activity (or very early morning activity), and my form of seasonal affective disorder.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
I'm in central Texas and right now, it's 22 degrees with a wind chill of 9. I like the cold, but my all time favorite temperatures are around 55 to 65 during the day and 20s or 30s at night. I'm not quite as brave as ChrisC, but I enjoy walking my dogs when it's as low as the 30s here. Of course, I walk them too when it's in the 90s and humid and that is not fun!!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
We have now reached the mid-point of winter. That's great, of course, but when I think that we still have the potential for snow for another eleven or twelve weeks, I wonder how I'm going to make it!
That would be a little long for me too and that's why, as I wrote in a note to you, that I'm looking at southern Utah for a possible relocation. I guess your winters are like our long, hot, and humid summers in central Texas. When it's still 98 degrees at 11:00 p.m., that's just ridiculous. I always wonder how I'm going to stand it from early May until late October or early November but somehow, I always do.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Now I will say it is cold out.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 AM

835 posts, read 2,076,951 times
I am very sad that we were "cheated" on this storm! I am happy bout the wind though since the "muck" is outta here but it did make skiing a lil bit nippy yesterday for sure.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:26 PM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That would be a little long for me too and that's why, as I wrote in a note to you, that I'm looking at southern Utah for a possible relocation. I guess your winters are like our long, hot, and humid summers in central Texas. When it's still 98 degrees at 11:00 p.m., that's just ridiculous. I always wonder how I'm going to stand it from early May until late October or early November but somehow, I always do.
Not that I like any sort of hot weather, but, one thing that will make high heat in southern Utah more tolerable than where you live is the much lower humidity in Utah. That helps more than most people realize. The heat still stinks... but it stinks a little less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah