Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM

77 posts, read 434,557 times

Advertisements

Nice pics!...Gotta watch those palm trees though!..Ya might poke your eye out!
*wink
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 11:38 AM

360 posts, read 1,126,789 times
Default Nice shots!!

That is so cool, can't wait to go, I love Utah's Palm Springs, especially now when I sooo desire warm weather and an In N Out burger. Anybody know the name of the hotel across the street, in the background of the palm trees.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCrising View Post
That is so cool, can't wait to go, I love Utah's Palm Springs, especially now when I sooo desire warm weather and an In N Out burger. Anybody know the name of the hotel across the street, in the background of the palm trees.
I think it's called Red Cliffs Inn...

Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegrapes View Post
Nice pics!...Gotta watch those palm trees though!..Ya might poke your eye out!
*wink

I hope I REALLY don't poke myself on those palm trees lol

Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,593,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I think it's called Red Cliffs Inn...
That's what I was thinking it was, too.

Off the top of my mind, I can think of 23 or 24 different In-N-Out restaurants I've eaten in, including one in Fresno I visited last Friday for the first time, but can't wait to add your new one to the list. I am so looking forward to stopping there on my return trips from Colorado and Wyoming, that I can already almost taste it.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,593,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
That's what I was thinking it was, too.

Off the top of my mind, I can think of 23 or 24 different In-N-Out restaurants I've eaten in, including one in Fresno I visited last Friday for the first time, but can't wait to add your new one to the list. I am so looking forward to stopping there on my return trips from Colorado and Wyoming, that I can already almost taste it.
I just checked the In-N-Out Burger website, and see that the store in Washington City is now listed under locations. When I checked the list of "View All Locations" it still showed as being under construction. Does anyone know how the progress is going with it?

Old 04-17-2008, 02:22 AM

They are hiring this week....so i would expect them open within the next couple...Purple..have you heard anything new???

I am flying up to Sacramento today for a few days to visit my son and fiancee, so I can taste that in n out sooner than not! mmmm....

Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM

281 posts, read 1,185,572 times
I like to think the victory by In-N-Out to offer decent starting wages and a nice place to work is spreading in Southern Utah. There's a retail display manufacturing company called Lozier just outside of Cedar City. They have a sign on the highway advertising what they pay. A year ago it was around $10.20 for day shift and $10.47 for swings. A few months later it went to around $11.00 and $11.50. Then it jumped to $13.50 and $14.00. We couldn't believe it. But about two weeks later the sign was covered. I don't know anyone who works there to ask but my guess is the powers-that-be in Cedar didn't like it. Apparently the company won because the higher wages are displayed again. I don't know what the working conditions are but it's a national company, like In-N-Out, so they tend to abide by the rules. Unlike local companies that seem to have never have gotten past the "beat them harder and they'll work harder" mentality of a hundred years ago.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:21 PM

595 posts, read 2,743,265 times
OK, being from Chicago and all, I have absolutely no idea how big of a deal this is. I think that Utah needs some good pizza though, mabe LouMalnatis? (best pizza in the world!!) or a Portillos! (best fast food place anywhere...up here atleast)

Old 04-17-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
OK, being from Chicago and all, I have absolutely no idea how big of a deal this is. I think that Utah needs some good pizza though, mabe LouMalnatis? (best pizza in the world!!) or a Portillos! (best fast food place anywhere...up here atleast)
Il boy....it's a pretty big deal...it's not secret that utah is a beautiful place to visit and play, its another story to get a job with decent wages. Our cost of living in southern Utah is not much lower than they are in California, where we moved from, but the wages stink. In n Out wages are not much less than a teacher makes.

It's ok to live here if you are retired and not dependent on earning a living, I honestly don't know how the younger ones here do it..A lot work more than one job. I know there are some threads dating back to last summer, this was quite a heated discussion at one point.

Hey pizza sounds good...I love Chicago pizza...we were in Chicago right after Thanksgiving and had a wonderful huge pizza...yum..making me hungry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah