Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:07 AM

73 posts, read 187,123 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have tried to search for an area to visit. My family is looking to move, from FL, and we wanted to investigate Utah. We have never been and would like to make a trip.
We went to Colorado but, there are no lakes or much water. Our ideal community would have a lake for swimming nearby, golf course, newer upscale large home & acreage, and good schools (elementary). Any help on direction would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:17 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,974,602 times
Stansbury Park in Tooele County has its own private lake for swimming, boating and fishing. It also has a golf course. It is a public course, but a very nice one. Stansbury is a growing community. You can find starter homes running in the high 100's, up to some very nice upscale homes with 1 acre lots.

It also has two elementary schools. One of them is only 3 years old. There is a high school being built in Stansbury now that will be opening up this coming fall.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,656 times
Heber City has all that. But it's not really close to Salt Lake.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:14 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,231,530 times
Saratoga Springs is on the north west corner of Utah Lake. There are alot of nice communities here, and the view across the lake is gorgeous. I wouldn't recommend swimming in, but we have a huge heated pool down by the private marina.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM

I was thinking of Eagle Mountain down there too, but I didn't know if there was another lake other than Utah Lake.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,469 times
Hi we're thinking of moving within Utah sometime in the near future and just wondering what some other areas are like. Right now we're thinking about Saratoga Springs or Stansbury Park. What are these areas like to live in? I know they're both gorgeous areas but I'm wondering about schools, library, rec centers, parks, malls, grocery stores. Just in general what it's like living there?? Thanks.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 AM

Oh Dream Eyes...I would LOVE you as a neighbor!! Stansbury is a very residential area. Right now there isn't much commercial building. Rumor has it there is supposed to be a grocery store built, but we will see. For our shopping we drive into Tooele. No malls in Tooele County. There are two elementary schools (one is only 3 years old) and a high school that will be opening up in the fall. They are pretty good schools (as far as Utah standard go) We do have a small library, or the city library to use in Tooele. Because it is a city library (Tooele's, I mean) anyone who doesn't live in city limits must pay 20.00/yr to use it. That kind of bites, but hey...what do you do?

I would never live anywhere else. You see people walking all over the place. We have tons of activities for kids (soccer, baseball, football). In the summer, the pool is the hangout place. Kids will spend all day there with their friends. The golf course is beautiful and Stansbury has its own space observatory with high powered telescopes.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 AM

791 posts, read 2,959,405 times
Our ideal community would have a lake for swimming nearby, golf course, newer upscale large home & acreage, and good schools

I want this place too

Old 01-31-2009, 09:53 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Oh Dream Eyes...I would LOVE you as a neighbor!! Stansbury is a very residential area. Right now there isn't much commercial building. Rumor has it there is supposed to be a grocery store built, but we will see. For our shopping we drive into Tooele. No malls in Tooele County. There are two elementary schools (one is only 3 years old) and a high school that will be opening up in the fall. They are pretty good schools (as far as Utah standard go) We do have a small library, or the city library to use in Tooele. Because it is a city library (Tooele's, I mean) anyone who doesn't live in city limits must pay 20.00/yr to use it. That kind of bites, but hey...what do you do?

I would never live anywhere else. You see people walking all over the place. We have tons of activities for kids (soccer, baseball, football). In the summer, the pool is the hangout place. Kids will spend all day there with their friends. The golf course is beautiful and Stansbury has its own space observatory with high powered telescopes.
Thanks Kaytidid...I would love having you as a neighbour too Right now it's just a thought we had. My husband just got a really good, permanent position and we've never been in a position before to be able to buy a house. Who knows what the future will bring!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:17 AM

70 posts, read 187,078 times
cs2go,

I live in Saratoga Springs, I would suggest you do plenty of research and read the thread Utah Valley - Can we be allowed to share our experiences if you haven't already. It is beautiful and we have a gorgeous view of the lake and the mountains, we are south of the crossroads
(located at 68 and 73)...there are plenty of places to explore, there is a shooting range a mile south of us, there is a grocery store seven miles from us and a gas station at the crossroads (but nothing closer and it takes at least a half hour to go there and back)...there is a tremendous amount of road construction going on planned through the next year and right now it takes about thirty minutes to get to a Walmart or Target. Hopefully you won't be working in or near Salt Lake City, the commute, which is normally 35 minutes to Sandy during non-peak times, takes an hour and a half during drivetime from 7 am to 9am and from 4pm to 6pm. There has been so much growth in these areas that the roads (68 and 73) are not able to handle the traffic and it takes a good 20 minutes on a good day just to get to the 15 (the major highway into Salt Lake area). It really is beautiful, but I would wait a year or two until they get the new schools built and the road construction done because it is very frustrating and affects quality of life issues every day. Just my opinion.
Cycle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah