Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 7,910 times

Advertisements

I am moving from my crazy life in CA, but i can't decide to move to Utah or Colorado.I have never been to either state, nor do i know alot about them besides the stuff i get from google searching them. I need some personal opinions. I have no idea what cities are nice and what cities to stay clear from. I feel like i need a change in my life. i want to experience the seasons (specially the snow ) but also want the heat of summer. i want the beautiful views, the hiking, the biking, nice neighborhoods. i don't want the crazy population as CA but also want to be near things like malls and grocery stores. I kinda just want the relaxing environment where i can walk outside and just take a breath of fresh air. . . hahaha i guess i want it all. . .is there such a place? please help. any advice or comments would be wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:04 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
We just moved from So Cal to Utah last week. I have done a ton of research for years and from an economic standpoint Utah wins out. We moved to the burbs of Salt Lake, specifically the daybreak community of South Jordan. www.daybreakutah.com It is an amazing place, yesterday we walked a few blocks to the lake for some fishing and row boating. There are trails and open space all around, plus the mountain trails are just a few miles away.

I am looking forward to the snow, at 4200 feet we will get a bunch but I doubt as much as places like Denver.

Another great thing is we are about the same distance (give or take a couple hours) to So Cal, San Fran, Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Albuquerque to name a few.

It has the convenience of the city with all of the shopping etc. yet you don't have the L.A. crowded feeling.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM

36 posts, read 113,986 times
Utah has by far much better hiking. The mountains are much, much closer to town than Colorado is. The skiing is by far better than Colorado and folks are nicer here. The winters are not nearly as harsh and if you have no problem with some of the pretentious mormons than you should come to Utah. It really is beautiful and so much to do, if you are outdoorsy. Note: There are areas of town that are less mormon than others.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM

177 posts, read 422,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermountain Dog View Post
Utah has by far much better hiking. The mountains are much, much closer to town than Colorado is. The skiing is by far better than Colorado and folks are nicer here. ...
The folks on the Utah forum are certainly nicer and more helpful, and less discouraging, than they are in the Colorado forum. It's quite noticeable.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrab View Post
The folks on the Utah forum are certainly nicer and more helpful, and less discouraging, than they are in the Colorado forum. It's quite noticeable.
You would hate Utah. It is soooo terrible here. Oh man... if only I could live in the joyous land of Colorado were everything is perfect, happy and harmonious, instead of the horrible, violent, dirty and closed up, left for dead land of Utah. It would be an easy choice for me.

(hey, if it works on the Colorado forum than maybe it will work here )

Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,974,602 times
You make me laugh, Chango..

Wouldn't let me rep you again..

Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
You make me laugh, Chango..

That's OK, reps are nothing but a superficial and arbitrary system of determining who's posted the most witty smart ass comments anyway.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 AM

Guess I should brush up on my witty smart ass comments then...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
You make me laugh, kaytidid..

Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM

I *SO* LOVE all of us here. Really. We have a good time, don't we??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah