Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM

56 posts, read 294,794 times

Advertisements

How about this one? Does anyone have anything negative to say about east from 192nd Ave and West of Camas. I read numerous posts about how Camas is great and all that. What about this particualr area? I checked out area around SE 164 Ave, appears to be good and safe.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 03:24 PM

26 posts, read 129,543 times
Default west of 192nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOCMOC View Post
How about this one? Does anyone have anything negative to say about east from 192nd Ave and West of Camas. I read numerous posts about how Camas is great and all that. What about this particualr area? I checked out area around SE 164 Ave, appears to be good and safe.
Thanks.
I see that you are checking out several areas around town there are a few web sites that you can check for sexual preditors and crimes or you can call the local police business office. I get alot of requests for camas, hockinson and salmon creek schools. the worst thing about cascade park is the traffic there seems to be alot of grid lock there. If you are new to the area there is also a clark county web site.
best of luck!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 PM

56 posts, read 294,794 times
i don't have any kids, so schools are not important to me. what is important to me is a crime level, safety. i'm looking for a new community in vancouver, looks like there are new constructions going on around I205. i saw few comments before around Westfiedl Shopping Center, saying it's pretty bad out there. trying to figure out if it's worth buying a house in that area.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 AM

26 posts, read 129,543 times
Default crime rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOCMOC View Post
i don't have any kids, so schools are not important to me. what is important to me is a crime level, safety. i'm looking for a new community in vancouver, looks like there are new constructions going on around I205. i saw few comments before around Westfiedl Shopping Center, saying it's pretty bad out there. trying to figure out if it's worth buying a house in that area.
hope this helps but they don't allow me on this site to give a web address go to clark county wa....type in the search "crime rate" click on # 8 "link for clark county sheriffs office.....then you can go to the area departments. I checked out the camas link and you can check out the statistics, sex offenders and such. I hope this helps you out. good luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
You can search my posts for "buying" advice, but... The area you mentioned is pretty decent, just don't 'overbuy'. Nothing like having to sell, and having 10 zillion 'Cookie cutter' suburbia homes on the market. Clark County charges a premium for property taxes, so beware (I pay $33/day to Clark County). Figure your taxes on the sales price, not on existing taxes (assume $15/thousand, tho rates vary). I think Camas is likely in for some tax increases, as they are losing mill revenue + they are not the most fiscally astute bunch... I do feel resale values in Camas will remain high due to good school rating, and the fact it has somewhat of an identity.

I know at least 50 friends in the area you are looking, having been a 30+yr ex-employee of a once great company located there (Carly Collateral). Never have heard them complain of the area, or of problems reselling homes, several have 'upgraded' and stayed in that area. I don't do 'traffic-lights', nor 'suburbia', so I won't even use 192nd. I think there are over 10 stop lights just to get to Home Depot (~1mile). Only 2 lights if I go on to PDX or Andreson stores. (right turn on red, so actually only .5 lights)

If you buy something, just be sure you get a good deal, and that you could resell it quickly if needed. I know a guy who just bought a few of the excess 'Spec' homes in that region, and he was getting them for ~20%-30% off the original asking price. It is not fun for a contractor to have to make loan payments on multiple houses. I missed a lot of meals as a kid cause my folks had done the same thing. But it did me more good than harm Very few of today's 'Entitlement Generation' have missed meals while trying to make company payroll or business payments, they are in for a surprise, someday...(I hope not) ...just don't 'overbuy' a 'commodity' home.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 PM

5 posts, read 18,219 times
I have lived near 164th for 3 1/2 years. I like it-no problems. My church is near there, good shopping too.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:03 AM

11 posts, read 47,816 times
That is very good area. You can not go wrong there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area