Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 08:25 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,462,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver110 View Post
A little slow in responding, but we closed on 6/16 and have moved in. Still waiting for our furniture which is about three weeks overdue. Hopefully tomorrow. No regrets so far. If I wanted to be fussy, I could complain about the fact that most things are a bit of a drive, 15-20 minutes, but that is about it. Yes, forest green house.
Have you gotten a Costco membership yet? Definitely a must being around Camas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 09:28 AM

12,841 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver110 View Post
A little slow in responding, but we closed on 6/16 and have moved in. Still waiting for our furniture which is about three weeks overdue. Hopefully tomorrow. No regrets so far. If I wanted to be fussy, I could complain about the fact that most things are a bit of a drive, 15-20 minutes, but that is about it. Yes, forest green house.
Yeah, moving is always a pain.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:18 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,789,103 times
Good to know someone is happy, enjoying life and not carping about it.

I do sincerely hope you enjoy the area, find things to do and become a friend to others in the neighborhood.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:46 PM

6 posts, read 6,593 times
Any comments about health care. Someone in another forum and in another area said finding a doctor was difficult.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
SWWA has more limited options for WA coverage that the rest of the state., something to do with overlap of Portland providers.

Are you medicare eligible? That can be a busy booking / availability.

Generally, there are plenty of medical Drs. and a huge over supply of dentists in SWWA.

Covid and ACA significantly reduced available affordable HC providers, but everyone I know has managed to find care. Kaiser is very big if within their tiny SWWA service area. That said... They were great for 37 of my 40 yrs here. The last few yrs is a revolving door (for caregivers) at Kaiser and others. I have had significant delays, complicating treatment and recovery, and success. This is a USA issue, not just SWWA.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:59 PM

5,447 posts, read 7,743,493 times
All the health care providers are struggling right now with Covid and lack of labor. It's a mess. If you want an HMO then Kaiser is a decent choice with half a dozen clinics in the greater Vancouver area but the two hospitals are on the Portland side. But the Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital is not far away, just a hop down I-205. I've had good experience with Kaiser but right now it is tough to get appointments and such due to Covid.

I don't know as much about the various PPO plans and which clinic network is within which PPO. You'll have to do your research. Vancouver Clinic is probably the biggest independent clinic network in Vancouver.

Old 09-11-2021, 09:10 PM

220 posts, read 154,240 times
They fired everyone who didn't get the jab is the real reason from what I've heard

Old 09-11-2021, 10:52 PM

5,447 posts, read 7,743,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrca View Post
They fired everyone who didn't get the jab is the real reason from what I've heard
Who is "they?"

I don't think Kaiser has fired anyone for lack of vaccination yet. I think it is more just normal attrition and being unable to backfill all the positions during the pandemic.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:57 PM

220 posts, read 154,240 times
They would be anyone or group who mandated the policy of firing employees who don't have a vaccine basically

Old 09-25-2021, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 635 times
Hi ,

Thank you for this group. We learnt so much from these forums. We are planning to relocate from Texas to Camas area and we found new constructions near NW Hancock Dr by Lennar called Haven Heights. In the pictures I see this community is being built around a giant water tower and mobile carrier towers. Can anyone suggest whether its worth to spend upper 750s to buy a home there for the sake of a camas school district?

Thanks and appreciate responses

Sandeep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area