Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 04:31 AM

2 posts, read 9,078 times

Advertisements

I am planning to live in Vancouver.
Anyone can help me to choose a school for my kids.
I prefer that the school does not force students to study a specific religion, As I am Muslim.
Someone suggested York school or Crofton school. Anyone have any informations about them?
And I want to buy a house, which area is best?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 12:57 PM

54 posts, read 70,103 times
Just wanting to point out that both Crofton and York are GIRLS-ONLY schools. You mentioned "kids" but didn't specify if you had boys or girls.

As far as "which area is best" I guess you need to define what "best" means for you. What is best for you is probably not what is best for me or anyone else.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,078 times
Thank you zzazz33 for replying.
I have only two daughters.
About the area, I prefer to live in a quiet, upscale area with green space, as much as possible.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:25 PM

54 posts, read 70,103 times
As far as areas go, a lot of people like West Vancouver as far as houses go but I've always preferred Point Grey, particularly the area close to UBC. It is peaceful and very beautiful.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:32 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elshorbagy View Post
I am planning to live in Vancouver.
Anyone can help me to choose a school for my kids.
I prefer that the school does not force students to study a specific religion, As I am Muslim.
Someone suggested York school or Crofton school. Anyone have any informations about them?
And I want to buy a house, which area is best?
Thank you.

Quote:
I have only two daughters.
About the area, I prefer to live in a quiet, upscale area with green space, as much as possible.

York and Crofton girls schools are both in pleasant upscale areas so you could look at those areas if you are able to enroll your girls at either one of those schools. There are other private schools in Vancouver but most of them are for boys and girls together.

Take note that if you do not send your girls to private schools then you won't have a choice of public schools for them. They will be required to go to the nearest public schools in whatever neighbourhood you have your residence in. Also take note that public schools in British Columbia are secular and do not make students study any specific religions and they do not make any special allowances for student's religions either.

Just a thought but I think you are approaching this the wrong way. Apparently you can afford it so I'd like to suggest that instead of making enquiries about upscale properties and expensive private schools on an internet forum you would fare better if you hire the services of a personal agent to do your research for you. A hired agent can do all the time consuming legwork and research, make enquiries of other agents / agencies and then present you with complete portfolios of the most appropriate neighbourhoods and schools to choose from to fit your family's personal social, financial and religious criteria.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,139 times
York House is more academic and has won many awards for their academic. York House has won the FSA's 7 years in a row, whereas, Crofton House is more athletic. If your children is more focused in academics, I would recommend York House School, but if you children are more focused in sports, then I would recommend Crofton House. When my daughter first went to York House, the tour guides, as they were students of higher grades and parents of children attending York House were very kind to us, they provided us with an outline of the school and the academic program and the Head of School acknowledge us. But when we went to Crofton House, the tour guide was very very rude, would not let us go to the washroom, saying that she was on a tight schedule. But personally, I think York House is a better school. I am not trying to be bias because my daughter got into both schools, but we chose West Point Grey, a co-ed school, as we felt, she would get more interaction with boys and girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver