Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:51 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

I've had the Impossible burger and it was pretty amazing, very close in texture and taste to real ground beef.

They serve it at some local restaurants but is not sold in stores like Beyond Meat brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 10:33 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,928,353 times
I like it - only tried the burger so far. Pricey but good flavor and mouthfeel. It still has a distinct beany smell (in a good way). If it actually smelled like beef, I'd be turned off.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:32 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Finally saw the latest recipe of Beyond Burger in my local store.

They tweaked the formula a bit and added some items including coconut oil. I have to say the texture and taste is a little closer to beef than the previous version was. I no longer taste that unique flavor of the previous Beyond meat, which can be good or bad depending on your tastes.

The taste and texture actually remind me of Boca brand All American veggie burgers, which are not vegan.

Give it a try.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:00 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,392 times
I tried it a few months ago for the first, and last, time. I bought the chicken strips version that tasted like some kind of meat; just not any I have had before. The texture was like what I imagine cooked slugs would taste/feel like. It is also a seriously over-processed food that gave me a mild headache, and no match for the veggie dishes I concoct.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:22 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
Haven't tried it yet....don't know if I will...don't like any "bean" flavor/smell/texture.
I have gone from ground beef to sirloin burger to bison..

Old 08-25-2019, 09:03 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I've had the Impossible burger and it was pretty amazing, very close in texture and taste to real ground beef.

They serve it at some local restaurants but is not sold in stores like Beyond Meat brand.
I think DH had that at Cheese Cake Factory, it was good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-26-2019, 07:41 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Haven't tried it yet....don't know if I will...don't like any "bean" flavor/smell/texture.
I have gone from ground beef to sirloin burger to bison..
Beyond Burger smells and tastes nothing like beans.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:43 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Finally saw the latest recipe of Beyond Burger in my local store.

They tweaked the formula a bit and added some items including coconut oil. I have to say the texture and taste is a little closer to beef than the previous version was. I no longer taste that unique flavor of the previous Beyond meat, which can be good or bad depending on your tastes.

The taste and texture actually remind me of Boca brand All American veggie burgers, which are not vegan.

Give it a try.
If the new version tastes anything like Boca I will pass. UGH. Their burgers are the worst, and honestly I think the reason why so many people don't like veggie burgers as that is what they have tried.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:55 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
I've only tried their beef crumbles product, and it was fine. I eat more for function than taste for my workout diet, so it was decent enough to be satisfying. I don't mind the pea protein isolates, but 12 ounces of crumbles amounts to about 1465mg of sodium, whereas 12 ounces of store-cut chicken contains 165mg of sodium. Beyond meat is not a viable alternative just yet, but I think the faux meat market will continue to grow over the next few decades, so if they can perfect their product to match lean meat as close as possible, I see no reason not to switch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food